Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I hate the forever alone and the fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu stuff. They've been done to death these days but they'll always be the most thanked post daily.

They ruined post of the day. It used to be great clicking in every day to see what witty one liner or funny story was the most thanked, now I don't bother most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

flahavaj wrote: »
    They ruined post of the day. It used to be great clicking in every day to see what witty one liner or funny story was the most thanked, now I don't bother most of the time.
    Its the worst. There might be the nicest post ever and it will be 14th most thanked post after a trollface related post.

Its the worst. There might be the nicest post ever and it will be 14th most thanked post after a trollface related post.

I don't even get the whole trollface thing, where did it come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

:confused:

That smiley was post of the day the other week.

Just that smiley...

I don't even get the whole trollface thing, where did it come from?
    Somebody who clearly thought he was funnier than he actually was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think Internet/ragecomic memes are hilarious.

Fair enough they do slightly ruin potd, but I think the frequency of those types of posts getting it are far less than what they were a few months ago.

Some further reading:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trollface-coolface-problem

CMpunked wrote: »
    I think Internet/ragecomic memes are hilarious.
    It's all personal preference but jaysus I can't remember ever looking at a ragecomic thing and laughing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They've cancelled The Panel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It jumped the shark quite a while ago really.

It was easily the best comedy-related thing on RTE until Dara O'Briain left. That guy really was the glue to that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Aw what a shame! :(
    Glad i got to see it live twice last year so. Would have been gutted had i not had the chance to.

It was easily the best comedy-related thing on RTE until Dara O'Briain left. That guy really was the glue to that show.

Aye, yer man (the posh fella) was pretty awful the last few years.

Aye, yer man (the posh fella) was pretty awful the last few years.
    Craig Doyle? He isn't funny but he is a nice guy. Shouldn't have been given the job but the show was dying for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Craig Doyle? He isn't funny but he is a nice guy. Shouldn't have been given the job but the show was dying for a while.

Craig Doyle has the personality of Cardboard the only worse choice of host would be Des Cahill.It sickened me watching the Sunday Game tonite with the dyed head on him grinning at Galway's Mayo vs London bad performance against West Meath yesterday.

We were far from a strong side though. Damo Hayes and Donnellan are the only people who should start against Dublin. I had a big debate with somebody today over whether Dublin are really legit no.3 side in Ireland ATM without having beaten a top side (Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork, Waterford, Galway) in two years. At least with Galway you can say they were the closest to beating the AI champs.

We were far from a strong side though. Damo Hayes and Donnellan are the only people who should start against Dublin. I had a big debate with somebody today over whether Dublin are really legit no.3 side in Ireland ATM without having beaten a top side (Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork, Waterford, Galway) in two years. At least with Galway you can say they were the closest to beating the AI champs.

Didn't Dublin lose to feckin Antrim last year,3rd best in Leinster maybe but not Ireland.Winning the worthless League has clearly went to their head.We beat Cork in that last year & neither of us made the All Ireland final. We ended the League badly but we are usually at our best when we're not fancied.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Didn't Dublin lose to feckin Antrim last year,3rd best in Leinster maybe but not Ireland.Winning the worthless League has clearly went to their head.We beat Cork in that last year & neither of us made the All Ireland final. We ended the League badly but we are usually at our best when we're not fancied.
    Spot on. No way Daly would have wanted Galway to come in as underdogs for this. The expectation will be on a Dublin win.

Cannot wait for Castlebar on the 26th. That will be a great pissup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

GTR63 wrote: »

Ah now the league is far from worthless. Look at teams who win or at least get to a final in the league, more often than not they have a very strong Championship.

Ah now the league is far from worthless. Look at teams who win or at least get to a final in the league, more often than not they have a very strong Championship.
    But that's because they're good teams anyways. Tipp will go far regardless of their League.

The league can be useful for teams that are loking to improve, so teams outside the one that challenge every year. Its good for the likes of the Dublin hurlers or Waterford of Galway to get a nice bit of momentum going through the league. But the likes of KK and Tipp who are proven All Ireland winners can afford to have a poor league, because you know they have the talent already in place and they're more concerned with peaking in September than in May. Even Waterford used the league the last two years purely as a means to blood youngsters.

The league isn't worthless by any means but basing an assessment of what a team will play like in the white heat of chamoionship in August/Seotember on how they did on the muddy pitches in Feb/March is a bit muisguided as well.

• Advertisement

But the likes of KK and Tipp who are proven All Ireland winners can afford to have a poor league, because you know they have the talent already in place and they're more concerned with peaking in September than in May. Even Waterford used the league the last two years purely as a means to blood youngsters.

If you look at KK under Cody, they very rarely perform poorly in the league. If you look at successful teams in the league, they pretty regularly follow it with success in the Championship.

It is the same in football, 5 of the last 9 league winners won the All Ireland. The losing teams tend to go far as well.

If you look at KK under Cody, they very rarely perform poorly in the league. If you look at successful teams in the league, they pretty regularly follow it with success in the Championship.

It is the same in football, 5 of the last 9 league winners won the All Ireland. The losing teams tend to go far as well.

My point is that they (KK) could afford not to, like they did this year. Galway thought they'd cracked it by winning the league this year but fell short in the quarters when push came to shove. Tipp were mediocre enough this winter but will almost certainly at least reach the AI Final barring a major upset.

Its not surprising that the winners of the league go on the do well in the Summer, theres ponly a small pool of teams good enough to win either at the end of the day in both football and hurling. Lok furtehr down the division and you have some teams that go hard at it inthe league and others that hardly bother - both types of attitude brings mixed results come the Summer.

As I said, the league has a certain importance, but it shouldn't be used as a barometer going into the championship for every team either. It is very much the warm up competition.

I'm not saying the league is the be-all and end-all, but it can be written off as meaningless. When it isn't and a good league is always the best way to go into the season.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I think teams like Offaly should fire on all cylinders during to League to give them some wins and confidence. Galway, Cork and Waterford should can take it or leave it some years.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Come Dine With Me Ireland started last night on TV3 great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Any of ya'll watching Game Of Thrones? Great show.

gimmick wrote: »

the best show ever to leave you on a cliffhanger wanting to tune in next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It makes Mondays bearable!

Only 2 to go in this series. I can only imagine the cliff hanger at the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

It's phenomenal. The Imp is my favourite character by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

gimmick wrote: »

No but I want to. Just for the sex scenes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement