Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes Tyrion is the best character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He is a good character alright. Not sure there is much more substance to him that a whoring drinker though.

I think my favourite charater in terms oh development is Danerys Targaryan
    how she has become quite power hungry and not afraid to stand up for herself.

I would like to kick the crap out of Robin Arryan. Even moreso than Joffrey.
    Dancor wrote: »
    No but I want to. Just for the sex scenes.

The opening scene last week was outstanding. But really, you are best served looking elsewhere for such. Loads on the internet I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

gimmick wrote: »
    He is a good character alright. Not sure there is much more substance to him that a whoring drinker though.

I think my favourite charater in terms oh development is Danerys Targaryan
    how she has become quite power hungry and not afraid to stand up for herself.

I would like to kick the crap out of Robin Arryan. Even moreso than Joffrey.

The opening scene last week was outstanding. But really, you are best served looking elsewhere for such. Loads on the internet I hear.
    And in the PW world might I add :pac:

Seriously great tv again by HBO though. It's filled the void that LOST left me

I hate the forever alone and the fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu stuff. They've been done to death these days but they'll always be the most thanked post daily.

Agree. Seems every post in YLYL has them at this stage. The odd one is funny ehre and there, but its done.

What annoys me more though is the whole "repost" edits in that thread. What are people to do? Wade through 15000 posts before posting something. Overly anal if you ask me.

I love all of the rage comics for some reason :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Any of ya'll watching Game Of Thrones? Great show.

Best new show in years.

Lost should not be mentioned anywhere near it though. Lost was cack, GOT is top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Agree. Seems every post in YLYL has them at this stage. The odd one is funny ehre and there, but its done.

What annoys me more though is the whole "repost" edits in that thread. What are people to do? Wade through 15000 posts before posting something. Overly anal if you ask me.

I cab understand editing a repost if there is 3 or 4 pages between them, but after that it's a bit stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Whats the Walking Dead like its on rte two I seen a half hour of last weekends repeat seemed to be good enough.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Whats the Walking Dead like its on rte two I seen a half hour of last weekends repeat seemed to be good enough.

It started well and then went down hill imo - Season 1 is only 6 episodes so it is worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It started well and then went down hill imo - Season 1 is only 6 episodes so it is worth checking out

6 episodes jaysus thats odd.I read someone say that King of Thrones first season is only 10 episodes long.I hope it gets another few season,doesn't look like they can resolve it all too quickly.I never read the books but I hope Joffrey gets a beating for looking like a 12 year old Jeremy Kyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

America has this thing where they give a 'pilot' a very short first season - which is much preferable in my eyes to "we like one, ok see you in a year for the next one"!

Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad, a lot of shows have curtailed first seasons, think of them as long pilots!

Anyway, although it can get a bit drama/slow at times, there's some great tense moments and action scenes. Very comic book characters. But definitely worth a watch. It's only a few eps anyway! Stop reading these and watch 'em before you get banged out with spoilers!

^ What's wrong with a bit of drama and taking it slow Jay?!

I don't mean that to sound like something Chef would say either :P

personally i found some scenes/storylines to drag. I actually complained about it come episode # (never you mind what episode!) and they smacked me in the face with it's best action scene of the season! Like i guess the drama is more realistic in that surviving it mostly boring until zombies muck it up but that's what i'm waiting to see. Maybe the characters just didn't interest me, i wasn't really rooting for anyone besides the
    protagonist and the asian....and sometimes the hyuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i thought it was meh, or maybe it was the fact that i watched it almost straight after the spanish zombielike rec, now that is a movie i would couldn't recommend highly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

*hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

orestes wrote: »
    *hic*

wait a second......from the "would you guess who" thread....
    Is orestes coming back?!

I hope so!!

Have i cracked it?! :)

No. Maybe.

Voltwad wrote: »
    I love all of the rage comics for some reason :)

Whatever about those, but the Spiderman ones are just not funny in the least, and the picture of the guy which always has the caption along the lines of "I drink p**s" are not funny either.

Are these things just a boards phenomenon or are they everywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Here's your basic rage comic.

Man has issue. Issue becomes problem. Man gets angry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    15798 Thanks

Whatever about those, but the Spiderman ones are just not funny in the least, and the picture of the guy which always has the caption along the lines of "I drink p**s" are not funny either.

I hadn't heard of them until this thread. So I don't know what that tells us :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Spotted these guys outside my hotel in Prague a few days ago. They were trying to get into a strip club but were refused entry!

w6p9cn.jpg

r0woiu.jpg

ha ha ha, fantastic!

Turned 28 today lads! Another day, another box of stolen pens :pac: seriously tho it's so awesome having found PW Boards, i started getting active at the end of 2009 and haven't looked back :)

Happy bday Doc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ha ha ha, fantastic!

Turned 28 today lads! Another day, another box of stolen pens :pac: seriously tho it's so awesome having found PW Boards, i started getting active at the end of 2009 and haven't looked back :)

Happy Birthday lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the Bear Grylls "drinking piss" ones are everywhere - its a running theme throughout his shows and its actually fairly huge - anmd in fairness to him he plays along:

bear-grylls-twitter.jpg

Happy Birthday Jayk!!

Happy Birthday JayK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Happy birthday jayk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Happy Birthday Jay!

FYI, June 09th 1983, you share a birthday with:

Happy birthday jayk. Sharing it with some illustrous company it seems from the above :pac:

I had an interview this morning in UCD. Hoping luck shines my way and I can return to rolling my eyes at students idiocy :P

• Advertisement

Happy bday Jay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement