Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

We could do it again. But from a different angle. Like, we could pick the rosters we want limiting it to say, 20 to Raw and 20 to Smackdown. They could be any active wrestler from anywhere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd defo be up for it again but maybe after the ATH comp is over and I soak up my victory (I know I'm losing in the next tie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'd defo be up for it again but maybe after the ATH comp is over and I soak up my victory (I know I'm losing in the next tie)
    Yeah we should plan it for a while in the Batcave (missed saying that) before coming public with an announcement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

*Bang Bang*

mick20foley.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone watch the ice hockey last night. What a game. Well worth the stay up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Well if the BWE is reforming NWO style, I bags being Scott Hall and plan on getting fired for being a mess:pac:

cena wrote: »
    Anyone watch the ice hockey last night. What a game. Well worth the stay up

Recorded it & watched it this morning. It's a great finals, hope the Canucks see it out now
    Well if the BWE is reforming NWO style, I bags being Scott Hall and plan on getting fired for being a mess:pac:

I bailed you out once at the bowling alley, don't make me do it again:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wexford were well beaten today.It reminded me of Kerry vs Limerick last week in terms of difference in quality.Hope that Limerick vs Waterford is better tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wexford were well beaten today.It reminded me of Kerry vs Limerick last week in terms of difference in quality.Hope that Limerick vs Waterford is better tomorrow.

King Henry back in action too. Didnt see it now but Richie Hogan looks to have destroyed them. I'd say Waterford-Limerick will be close but Waterford will pull away. Donal Og have done a great job up in Limerick, it will be back to buisness for them soon enough I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just started watching Walking Dead and quite enjoying it after the first 3 episodes, so thanks for the recommendations.

Anything else worth watching on TV? The only thing I watched this year was Shameless (US version) and Big Bang Theory. Game Of Thrones looks good to me, but the bird wouldn't be into it. Still also have a whole season of 24 on my to-watch list.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    personally i found some scenes/storylines to drag.

Yeah I noticed that too, like when he's walking around the hospital and later walking around his house checking every room, those single scenes seemed to last 3 or 4 minutes (in reality were probably shorter though). I think that's just the directors intention to build up suspense.

By the way, why didn't the zombies 'eat' him when he was in a coma? He may have looked dead but he didn't 'smell' dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    King Henry back in action too. Didnt see it now but Richie Hogan looks to have destroyed them. I'd say Waterford-Limerick will be close but Waterford will pull away. Donal Og have done a great job up in Limerick, it will be back to buisness for them soon enough I'd imagine

I loves me county.

Enough about Munster matches that nobody cares about. Let's talk about the beautiful and talented men of Galway facing off against the Deco's this Saturday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Charisteas wrote: »
    By the way, why didn't the zombies 'eat' him when he was in a coma? He may have looked dead but he didn't 'smell' dead.

Fairly certain it's explained in one of the later episodes. Loved the series and it's encouraging me to write my own zombie book now :)

As for other shows, if you're up to getting the DVDs, have you seen West Wing?

Enough about Munster matches that nobody cares about. Let's talk about the beautiful and talented men of Galway facing off against the Deco's this Saturday!

We better win that or this thread will be full of boasters on about how the Dubs are going to beat Kilkenny.Really enjoyed the Limerick vs Waterford game,if it wasn't for the GAA the only thing else thats been on this summer is bog standard International matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

GTR63 wrote: »
    We better win that or this thread will be full of boasters on about how the Dubs are going to beat Kilkenny.Really enjoyed the Limerick vs Waterford game,if it wasn't for the GAA the only thing else thats been on this summer is bog standard International matches.

I think ye'll beat the Dubs handily enough actually. Theres a danger they've peaked too early IMO.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think ye'll beat the Dubs handily enough actually. Theres a danger they've peaked too early IMO.

Sshhhh! Don't tell anyone Flah because we always play much better as Underdogs than we ever do as favourites.I'm worried about the footballers against Mayo,even though Mayo were abysmal vs London they can't play that bad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Charisteas wrote: »
    Just started watching Walking Dead and quite enjoying it after the first 3 episodes, so thanks for the recommendations.

Anything else worth watching on TV?

Man their is loads just from Yankland alone. HBO is obviously the place to start with if you haven't, The Wire, Soprano's, Deadwood, Six Feet Under and OZ are all absolute masterpieces and shouldn't let you down. Then their is Dexter, Mad Men if you want your drama, their is more obviously but best to start with the greatest.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Anybody else watching the 1970 World Cup Final on ESPN Classic?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Man their is loads just from Yankland alone. HBO is obviously the place to start with if you haven't, The Wire, Soprano's, Deadwood, Six Feet Under and OZ are all absolute masterpieces and shouldn't let you down. Then their is Dexter, Mad Men if you want your drama, their is more obviously but best to start with the greatest.;)

+1 million. The last 15 years are the golden age of TV. You mention lots of great shows and I'd add Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development and Battlestar Gallactica to your list.

Jesus man, that's the longest URL I've ever seen

As for me, I'm after getting into a programme called "Breakout Kings". It's on the A&E channel in the States every Sunday at 10. The show is created by the producers of Prison Break and it's about cons helping out the US marshalls to catch other cons who've escaped from prison. I'd really recommend it. It feature's T-Bag from Prison Break in Episode 3 as a continuation from Prison Break and the Fox River 8. The first season finished last week so it's a perfect time to catch up on it:

Also recommend Blue Bloods (Sky Atlantic/CBS and is just starting on RTE 2) and the 4 part 24/7 series of the Washington Capitols vs. Pittsburgh Penguins on the Road to the Winter Classic (basically behind the scenes in both for 4 weeks in lead up to a game between them held at Heinz Field)

• Advertisement

I'm really don't like Blue Bloods. It is just the stereotypical cops show with the almighty, amazing Reagans. No tension or drama, just a circle jerk for the NYPD and America in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Woops.. Dunno how i managed that.. Anywhoo THIS is the GREATEST show on Television

BreakingBad_post38_1280x1024_06.jpg

+1 million. The last 15 years are the golden age of TV. You mention lots of great shows and I'd add Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development and Battlestar Gallactica to your list.

Aye CURB and Arrested Development are both great comedies, shame that when it aired initially the ratings of AD made NXT look like American Idol.:pac::(

AD is one of those great shows when you rewatch you see so many jokes you miss the first time, multi layered would be an understatement. I envy those who haven't watched it yet. :o

Haven't seen Battlestar but I plan to by the end of the year hopefully.

The only downside to the awesomeness of American telly, its impossible to keep on top of it. I still haven't got around to watching any of Breaking Bad, Community or " Its Always Sunny":(

Also my favorite recent comedy is Delocated. Its up their with CURB and AD and nearly all quality American comedies over the years.

The premise sounds horrid, a man witnesses a murder, then goes into witness protection with his family. However when their he decides to go on a reality TV show.....:o

It may look cheap and its not exactly well known but once you stick with its worth it. John is just a wonderfully horrible self obsessed lead character.

I have wasted much more time then I should trying to convert people to this...:o:o

Still fall back on watching Seinfeld instead of the comedies that do be on these days,got into a bit of a 30 Rock faze but that didn't last long.Anyone else watch Reaper its not on much anymore but that show was pretty good imo.Plus Missy Peregrem is so Sexy.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Aye CURB and Arrested Development are both great comedies, shame that when it aired initially the ratings of AD made NXT look like American Idol.:pac::(

AD is one of those great shows when you rewatch you see so many jokes you miss the first time, multi layered would be an understatement. I envy those who haven't watched it yet. :o

AD is my favourite ever comedy show. They actually need to be re-watched to get some of the jokes.

Curb is awesome too, Larry David is such a hero. Seinfeld (from season 4 onwards) was a classic and to top that is an amazing achievement.

flahavaj wrote: »

Now you've jinxed us to a 15 point defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Best show i have seen in a long long time: Dexter:

dexter.jpg

Even a bad season is still better than 90% of tv at the moment! The show is just class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The best new comedy is Raising Hope imo it is from the makers of My Name is Earl it shown on Fox in US and Sky 1 here

I hope Season 6 of Dexter is better than Season 5 it was hard to follow up the excellent Season 4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anything anyone can do HBO can do better (with the exception of breaking bad): Oz, Sopranos, Curb your enthusiasm, The Wire, Entourage, Band of brothers, Generation Kill, Eastbound & Down, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Game of thrones.

Outside of those shows ones that are current that have lots of episodes you could get into that id reccomend are Chuck and the above mentioned Dexter and Breaking bad. Then there is older stuff like the rediculously good Arrested development but I'll not diversify too much as I could talk on the subject for hours from Prison break (only season 1) to Spaced (alas only 2 seasons).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement