Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

:D I love this thread!

D2D, that breakout kings looks great!

Theres something special about raising hope. Its definitely un-stereotypical.
    I still mourn My name is earl, though. :(:(

I know its been a year since it finished, but one of the greatest shows ever to grace television;
    lost-supper-1a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Earl has not aged well. As in, I pretty much cannot re watch it. I loved it first time round. But then it kind of just got too ridiculous.

Game Of Thrones is the best thing on TV at the moment.

Finished Series 5 of The Wire, therefore finshing The Wire. Awesome stuff. I loved series 5, while many said it was the poorest.

I am also watching The Pacific on Atlantic. Great show, but bloody depressing

Next on my hitlist is Treme, then Sopranos 2, then Shield 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not HBO's dramas but Southland, The Good Wife and Sons of Anarchy are also pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

As for me, I'm after getting into a programme called "Breakout Kings". It's on the A&E channel in the States every Sunday at 10. The show is created by the producers of Prison Break and it's about cons helping out the US marshalls to catch other cons who've escaped from prison. I'd really recommend it. It feature's T-Bag from Prison Break in Episode 3 as a continuation from Prison Break and the Fox River 8. The first season finished last week so it's a perfect time to catch up on it:

I loved Prison Break so I'm definitely going to check this out, cheers for the heads up. I'm 'acquiring' the first 13 episodes as I type this, could be next Saturday sorted.

Have any of you watched Geordie Shore?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Charisteas wrote: »
    I loved Prison Break so I'm definitely going to check this out, cheers for the heads up. I'm 'acquiring' the first 13 episodes as I type this, could be next Saturday sorted.

Have any of you watched Geordie Shore?!

I've...erm...acquired the first season already, well worth the time to do so.

As for the Geordie Shore.... yeah, I've seen the first episode :o but I've no real intention to watch the rest. It's kinda set up near exactly like the Jersey Shore (which I love:eek::cool: ) but I can't stand how fake they are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

gimmick wrote: »
    Earl has not aged well. As in, I pretty much cannot re watch it. I loved it first time round. But then it kind of just got too ridiculous.

Game Of Thrones is the best thing on TV at the moment.

Finished Series 5 of The Wire, therefore finshing The Wire. Awesome stuff. I loved series 5, while many said it was the poorest.

I am also watching The Pacific on Atlantic. Great show, but bloody depressing

Next on my hitlist is Treme, then Sopranos 2, then Shield 2.

I was going to thank you, but then I see you said The Pacific was a great show :pac:

I liked Treme, not great but a nice watch. I'm not into jazz so it it was obviously well written in order for me to sit through all that jazz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I hate Joffrey/Geoffrey or whatever his cruddy name is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Breaking Bad and Southland have been the only two new-ish shows that I've enjoyed lately,I've tried most of the other shows mentioned above and haven't liked them.

Especially didn't like Dexter and Game Of Thrones.

Have started to re-watch The Wire again after watching it about 3 or 4 years ago,it's still as class as ever and I can't see it ever being matched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Breaking Bad and Southland have been the only two new-ish shows that I've enjoyed lately,I've tried most of the other shows mentioned above and haven't liked them.

Especially didn't like Dexter and
    Game Of Thrones.

Have started to re-watch The Wire again after watching it about 3 or 4 years ago,it's still as class as ever and I can't see it ever being matched!

Did you just watch the 1st season?? Because i had a lot of trouble trying to get into the first season(which honestly sucks, and the finale is basically the only good episode) Otherwise keep watching, because Season 2 and in particular 4 are beyond unreal..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Did you just watch the 1st season?? Because i had a lot of trouble trying to get into the first season(which honestly sucks, and the finale is basically the only good episode) Otherwise keep watching, because Season 2 and in particular 4 are beyond unreal..

the first season of dexter is awesome! builds brilliantly - you learn stuff every episode, the quirks and the killings are class!

I agree that 2 and 4 are the best (although imo 1 isnt that far behind!) 4 is spectacular alright!

i also liked the other seasons but ive read the books too, so i suppose i was always going to!

• Advertisement

the first season of dexter is awesome! builds brilliantly - you learn stuff every episode, the quirks and the killings are class!

I agree that 2 and 4 are the best (although imo 1 isnt that far behind!) 4 is spectacular alright!

i also liked the other seasons but ive read the books too, so i suppose i was always going to!

Tbh i kinda rushed through watching season 1(think i watched it over 3 nights) because i was so eagier to catch up on the show and to see season 4! And the slow burning nature of it was kinda boring to me, but i think im gonna rewatch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Tbh i kinda rushed through watching season 1(think i watched it over 3 nights) because i was so eagier to catch up on the show and to see season 4! And the slow burning nature of it was kinda boring to me, but i think im gonna rewatch it!

that may explain it! season 1 is probably the smartest of the lot! everything is tied together brilliantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Snakes on a Plane put me the f**k to sleep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Snakes on a Plane put me the f**k to sleep :pac:

It was class in the cinema; crowd were v lively. one of the rare instances of much better in the cine

Went to see Bridesmaids the other night, very funny and sorta similar to The Hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Especially didn't like Dexter and Game Of Thrones.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Whaaaaaaaaat?!

Idris Elba (The Wire) stars in Luther on BBC 1 very good cop show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

All this tv talk, anyone watching Pawn stars, hardcore pawn or storage wars?

Dancor wrote: »
    All this tv talk, anyone watching Pawn stars, hardcore pawn or storage wars?

Pawn Stars is awesome, havent seen the other two..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Pawn Stars is awesome, havent seen the other two..

Storage wars is awesome, Im only getting into Hardcore pawn atm. Its alot more nitty gritty than pawn stars. Its based in one of the poorest areas of America (8 mile Detroit) and run by a stereotypical Jew man.

Dancor wrote: »
    Storage wars is awesome, Im only getting into Hardcore pawn atm. Its alot more nitty gritty than pawn stars. Its based in one of the poorest areas of America (8 mile Detroit) and run by a stereotypical Jew man.

I'll check that out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Went to see Bridesmaids the other night, very funny and sorta similar to The Hangover

Am I the only one who thinks the Hangover is nowhere near as funny as it was meant to be.I think I only laughed once watching the first one.

It's definitely a certain type of humour. Like when my gf when to see it with a mate; they both hated it; and she tried me out on a joke
    (moving the baby's hand so it's like he's masturbating)
    i started laughing and she rolled her eyes.

When i watch it I think of when I've been out with the lads... Could be more of an association thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

I got a free prize from m&ms ireland today.

What was it?

Friday afternoons are the longest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

gimmick wrote: »
    What was it?

Friday afternoons are the longest of the week.

It was a rock band starter kit for the ps3

Yo Jay, I see you are posting on a certain Romanian hosted website.

Some great stuff there lately...

LOL. Who'd've thought Romanians sail the high seas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

For the rest of the evening nothing matters outside of what happens in Tullamore (for once).

That said to not be disappointed at the end of the night I'm betting on Galway not to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement