Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Galway have been fùcking useless in the first half 1-2 in a half that'd be good scoring if we were Laois but this is a semi final not that you'd notice with the poor quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Maybe things will change in the second half with the wind. Terrible shooting by both teams.

What a completly useless performance 2-07 your lucky you weren't playing a good team.Even Laois scored more points today & they got beat by 34 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

10-20 to 1-13.... some going, granted it was Laois but still

10-20 to 1-13.... some going, granted it was Laois but still

twas 50 points is some going.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    What a completly useless performance 2-07 your lucky you weren't playing a good team.Even Laois scored more points today & they got beat by 34 points.

Ah here now, Dublin are a good team. Granted Galway were muck, but Dublin will give anybody a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate being a Galway fan. Haven't had anything to cheer about in years. We were awful but Dublin scored very little considering the team of U-8's they were playing.

I hate being a Galway fan. Haven't had anything to cheer about in years. We were awful but Dublin scored very little considering the team of U-8's they were playing.

Try being from Wicklow, now that is true GAA misery!

Ah here now, Dublin are a good team. Granted Galway were muck, but Dublin will give anybody a game.

I'm comparing it to what Tipp rattled in on us in salthill think they beat us by 24 points.Dublin got most their scores off the numerous free's we kept coughing up. Don't think Dublin scored on us what the likes of Limerick,Cork or Waterford wouldn't manage.We're going to struggle in the qualifiers on current form we'd struggle to beat the teams the 3rd best group in the country the likes of Wexford,Offaly & Clare.Lightyears behind Tipperary & Kilkenny.

Try being from Wicklow, now that is true GAA misery!
    Ya but ye aren't as big a GAA stronghold in fairness.

• Advertisement

Plenty of GAA tradition in Wicklow. Rathnew and Baltinglass have been in All Ireland finals in the last 20 years. Anyway, you don't have to be from somewhere with a tradition of success to have the same feeling for it.

We win Minors, Leagues,U21's & Club Titles but never do we don't even flirt with winning a All Ireland nearly enough.We won the Sam a decade or so ago but the Hurling is a mystery considering our success at nearly every level up to the main one.

We win Minors, Leagues,U21's & Club Titles but never do we don't even flirt with winning a All Ireland nearly enough.We won the Sam a decade or so ago but the Hurling is a mystery considering our success at nearly every level up to the main one.

I presume you read this article this morning? Some great points about building up younger players. Galway seem to do that more than anybody else. Even in football with the Terrible Twins.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/vincent-hogan/vincent-hogan-have-galway-become-a-soft-touch-2678858.html

Conor Hayes said it best in the article and it reminds me of the way the English build up their under 21s and plan out who will win the next World Cup.
    "But you hear fellas picking teams in Galway now with Joe Canning at full-forward and some lad who's maybe 16 in the corner beside him. That'd be a great team, wouldn't it?

"You say to them 'But he's only 16!'

"And you get, 'Ah yeah, but when he comes through...'

"Senior hurling is a completely different game to minor hurling.

"But clubs and families are making living gods out of young players in Galway. Next thing, they're picked to play with the seniors and they don't know what's hit them.

"John Gardiner or JJ Delaney isn't going to shake hands with you and say 'Jaysus, you're the famous Galway minor!'

"So, 20 minutes into the game, the young fella is wondering, 'Why isn't this happening for me?'

For him to say that only four or five aren't fit to wear the jersey was way too nice after today.

I genuinely never read that article the whole junior thing is something that has been baffling me for a while now.We are a bit like Arsenal in the sense that we are always involved in matches of the season but we rarely win those important ones that a team HAS to win to get success,when we do like when we beat Kilkenny a few years ago we lost the Final without looking like we'd win it.

HA,just noticed Diabhal Beag changed his/her location.

I genuinely never read that article the whole junior thing is something that has been baffling me for a while now.We are a bit like Arsenal in the sense that we are always involved in matches of the season but we rarely win those important ones that a team HAS to win to get success,when we do like when we beat Kilkenny a few years ago we lost the Final without looking like we'd win it.

HA,just noticed Diabhal Beag changed his/her location.
    Ouch. Maybe I should stick to rugby.

Dublin took some mighty scores and they won the match without burning themselves out which themselves and their pals on the football team have started doing.

I'll be cheering them on in the Final along with my McIntyre voodoo doll.

Galway have Clare at home in the qualifiers if this weekend is anything to go by they'll beat us handily. The Munster championship seems to be much better in terms of quality than what Leinster is offering.Why are Tv3 doing so much coverage matt cooper is so fúcking bad at the punditry that I muted it until the qualifier draw.

Not to sure if we'll be near as bad against Clare. He's ****ing hoping though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Can't believe how poor Galway were yesterday. Hurling needs the to be better than wht they're ffering at the moment. The GAA have bent over backwards to help hurling west of the Shannon and they've had a few years to settle nto Leinster now. What is the problem lads, I've heard from peole before that the club championship is so bitterly contested that the players won't gel as a team when it comes to hurling county? I can't understand how so many good underage fellas can't hack it at senior level, on the rare ocasions that the likes of Waterford/Clare/Limerick have a good minor or U-21 team you'll get at least 5 lads making it onto the senior team, as we have seen in the last few weeks with the likes of Downes/Mahoney/McGrath.

• Advertisement

Just seen Shane O Mac at the US Open no sign of Rodney,Pete Gas or Joey Abbs though,pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Only popping in to drop the beauty off:

birds_with_arms999999.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Can't believe how poor Galway were yesterday. Hurling needs the to be better than wht they're ffering at the moment. The GAA have bent over backwards to help hurling west of the Shannon and they've had a few years to settle nto Leinster now. What is the problem lads, I've heard from peole before that the club championship is so bitterly contested that the players won't gel as a team when it comes to hurling county? I can't understand how so many good underage fellas can't hack it at senior level, on the rare ocasions that the likes of Waterford/Clare/Limerick have a good minor or U-21 team you'll get at least 5 lads making it onto the senior team, as we have seen in the last few weeks with the likes of Downes/Mahoney/McGrath.

Ho ho bai you're lucky im not at home this summer, i'd have you driven demented after we stuff ye in the munster final in a few weeks time :pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    There's no hunger or heart. End of. The talent is there but people are blinded by the lack of drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ryan Dunn from Jackass is dead.

I made a comment on AH but it was deleated.

RIP

One of the best on the show.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/jackass-ryan-dunn-dies-dead-car-crash-accident-pennsylvania/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Got Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, absolutely orgasmic stuff so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement