Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

just bought tickets for micheal moore in dublin, should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not sure if I like the new boards touch site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Not sure if I like the new boards touch site.

Hit & miss at times. Still use the original on Safari if i'm using my iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Cool photo...Daffy Duck looks very excited, even if he is just a drawing :pac:

0624-the-crap-we-missed-02-480x643.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Team Bring It in full swing these days I see

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just got linked to the "Now ye're lovin" section of Boards.ie and it's saying my soulmate on the entire site is Dare2Defy, with Jaykhunter and Parker Kent coming in second and third :S

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

LOL well if it doesn't work out between you and D2D... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That doesn't include people on the friends list though

No, it does, cause both CMPunked and JP Liz were in my top ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Rookie mistake that's Donald Duck

• Advertisement

No, it does, cause both CMPunked and JP Liz were in my top ten.
    It doesn't for mine. Sin cineál weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Louth got a trashing this evening by the royals. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    Louth got a trashing this evening by the royals. :(

I thought they'd show more fight after last year but it feels like Louth can't get over last years leinster final.Hope Galway beat Mayo but i'm worried we're heading into a backlash after their woeful performance vs London.Don't know why rte didn't show Cork vs Offaly today that would of been a good hurling match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

GTR63 wrote: »
    I thought they'd show more fight after last year but it feels like Louth can't get over last years leinster final.Hope Galway beat Mayo but i'm worried we're heading into a backlash after their woeful performance vs London.Don't know why rte didn't show Cork vs Offaly today that would of been a good hurling match.

In fairness Louth lost 5 players to emigration since last year.

Congratulations to London on their first championship win since 1977. Great stuff.

Waterford minors beat Limerick last nigt in an absolute epic in Walsh Park to match the senior team in reaching their 3rd Munster Final in a row. The future looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

EdK wrote: »
    Rookie mistake that's Donald Duck

How embarrassing :P

Galways footballers were woeful today,I was still more dissapointed with the Hurlers.1 point in the 2nd half fair bad no matter who you are.I could see us being out of both without even a win.

Saw my first wrestling shirts in Dubai today. Surprise surprise, I saw John Cena and Rey Mysterio shirts...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Superb heeling from the referee in the Dublin game, Mason Ryan would kill for that sort of heat...:pac::pac:

Seriously though, he was bloody awful and deprived Kildare of a deserved replay. The fact that both sides put on a cracking match despite his ineptitude was fantastic.:)

What a awful decision by the ref.Its a pity that Kildare never looked like winning when it was 15 vs 15. O'Gara was stupid to get the 2nd yellow the way he did,if Spillane & co didn't think it was a yellow they'd must always want a moan or must be going through the equivalent of male menopause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anyone watching the River Plate match? 10 minutes away from relegation......... it's like the equivilent of Man United or Liverpool being relegated.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Anyone watching the River Plate match? 10 minutes away from relegation......... it's like the equivilent of Man United or Liverpool being relegated.

River Plate,Sampdoria, Monaco & Deportivo getting relegated within a few weeks of one another quite a suprise.Anyone have any news on transfers for Liverpool that doesn't involve twitter.

Charisteas wrote: »

They're gone. Unbelieveable scenes at the end. South American football is insane, anyone see the aftermath to the Copa Libertadores Final, their equivalent to the Champions League?

flahavaj wrote: »
    They're gone. Unbelieveable scenes at the end. South American football is insane, anyone see the aftermath to the Copa Libertadores Final, their equivalent to the Champions League?

I remember seeing a documentary on Boca vs River Plate & seeing a woman about 70 firing rocks at a River Plate's bus. Lets not forget that suicide rates spike in Brazil when they get knocked out of world cups passion is passion but thats insane.

Even after seeing Santos do that i'd love to see Milan sign Ganso or Danilo.

Hopefully River Plate might bring Joe Bergin with them.

I hate being a Galway GAA fan

I hate being a Galway GAA fan

Its absolute torture this year my brother said it after the draw if Meath & Clare beat us which isn't a stretch to say it we could be out of both codes without even a win.I'd say we'll have 2 new managers next season but we need a change of attitude too.I'm suprised this thread hasn't been renamed the Off Topic depressed Galway man thread.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its absolute torture this year my brother said it after the draw if Meath & Clare beat us which isn't a stretch to say it we could be out of both codes without even a win.I'd say we'll have 2 new managers next season but we need a change of attitude too.I'm suprised this thread hasn't been renamed the Off Topic depressed Galway man thread.

There are only so many managers ye can go through (and ye have had some top class ones over the last few years) before you have to look nfor some other reason why ye underachieve so much. Maybe its the players, maybe its the fact they don't gel well because the club championship is so bitterly contested over there. I don't know. Something is not right anyway.

flahavaj wrote: »
    There are only so many managers ye can go through (and ye have had some top class ones over the last few years) before you have to look nfor some other reason why ye underachieve so much. Maybe its the players, maybe its the fact they don't gel well because the club championship is so bitterly contested over there. I don't know. Something is not right anyway.

Nobody wants our football job we still rely a lot on Joyce & Meihann is barely ever fit.I think we should start throwing in the U21's & just try to work to a long term goal no use relying on past it players like Bergin.If we lose to meath we'll have only beaten London x1 the last two years & we got relegated from Div 1 so we must look to the youth & most importantly give them time.As for McIntyre he's been with us a while now & we haven't moved on too much I genuinely don't know why.But we are clearly poor at the back & O.Canning is definetly missed. Up front we rely on J.C. & D.Hayes for the points & the other forwards don't carry their weight with any consistantly. As for the in-fighting i'd love to be a fly on the wall to see if there is any truth in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

so what's the verdict on the new limp dilznic album? (God, haven't used that term for about 10 years) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

That song was pretty awful I have to say. It'll probably grow on me like a tumor though :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement