Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Dear christ, whatever did i start?

Anyway, i failed to get the registration number of the 18 wheeler that just ran over me.
    I did get the drivers name though, his name was Jack Daniels.

F*ck this, i'm going back to bed. Spent half the night puking my damn guts up. It's been years since I was this bad, i mean about ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

What's the buzz with people coming on boards in the horrors?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    What's the buzz with people coming on boards in the horrors?

While you were away living it up in Texas, the country got a big rubber dildo shoved up it's arse again in the form of one of Cowens mini budgets. That pissed off a lot of people, cos those working are getting stung with more taxes, anyone under 20 on Unemployment Assistance are getting their dole halved, for example.

Also some of us are just plain bored (KKV being one), Gimmick will do anything for an argument anyway ;) and I'm just hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    While you were away living it up in Texas, the country got a big rubber dildo shoved up it's arse again in the form of one of Cowens mini budgets. That pissed off a lot of people, cos those working are getting stung with more taxes, anyone under 20 on Unemployment Assistance are getting their dole halved, for example.

Also some of us are just plain bored (KKV being one), Gimmick will do anything for an argument anyway ;) and I'm just hungover.

So the answer to more taxes is to spend more money on drink? :confused:

Gerard.C wrote: »
    So the answer to more taxes is to spend more money on drink? :confused:

Drink didn't get hit, m'boy. Neither did Petrol.
    Smokes and Diesel did though.

• Advertisement

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with....

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gimmick will do anything for an argument anyway ;)

Must say, I have been i foul form lately. So much so, work colleagues dreaded me all week. Argumentative how are ya? Spent all day Turesday fighting. it was a good day :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Must say, I have been i foul form lately. So much so, work colleagues dreaded me all week. Argumentative how are ya? Spent all day Turesday fighting. it was a good day :)

The correct answer was Forum. I spied a Forum with my little eye.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Whats the fourms opinion on Samuel Adams beer.

Personally...I really like it. And my local superquinn haven't put it on to their scanning system since they started stocking it just after xmas...So I'm constantly getting it for free.

Been a while since i drank SanAdams, i liked it. But i stopped drinking beer when i started to cut weight. Best move i ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Been a while since i drank SanAdams, i liked it. But i stopped drinking beer when i started to cut weight. Best move i ever made.

That expalins the jack d talk. No wonder you were so sick last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Beer is something I've really cut down on, again, for the weight loss. So now when I drink it I try and stick to decent stuff like Sam Adam. One day I'll cut it out altogether

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

never liked beer of any type personally it all tastes like gick, so started on Whiskey when i was a young un :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Reaping the rewards of the bottle of Black Label Jim Beam I had last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Beer, yuck, havent drank it in forever, a rare bottle of Miller here and there but its JD and coke all the way, or spiced rum and coke, its a bit of a gay drink but its ****ing tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Porter man myself, a pint of plain is yer only man. That and a not-so small Poewers when I'm feeling reckless.

I love it.
    I'm old, and all you f*ckers are getting old by pulling away from the beer. The next generation are growing up.

*sniff*, they grow up so fast.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That expalins the jack d talk. No wonder you were so sick last night.

I'm usually fine on it. Here's the breakdown.
    Went to fiance's fathers 60th last night.
    Used a funny glass which was kinda thick.
    After my second drink (had one before left my place), my judgment was impared.
    Couldn't judge what i was pouring for the final four, which by the taste of them, were borderlining on quadruple measures.

Too much, too quick. I made an absolute mess of it and I suffered the consequences. When drinking at home using my own glasses, i can drink the stuff all night. :)

I'm usually fine on it. Here's the breakdown.
    Went to fiance's fathers 60th last night.
    Used a funny glass which was kinda thick.
    After my second drink (had one before left my place), my judgment was impared.
    Couldn't judge what i was pouring for the final four, which by the taste of them, were borderlining on quadruple measures.

Too much, too quick. I made an absolute mess of it and I suffered the consequences. When drinking at home using my own glasses, i can drink the stuff all night. :)

Well at least you know what happened. Maybe try out of the bottle then you'll always know how much yer having:p

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Well at least you know what happened. Maybe try out of the bottle then you'll always know how much yer having:p

Did that with Powers whiskey at a house party in 1997 four days before my 21st birthday, with disasterous effects. No thanks! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I shall be celebrating today by not wearing pants and not veering too far away from my bed/couch. Life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I shall be watching Munster and Leinster in the rugby today. :cool:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I shall be watching Munster and Leinster in the rugby today. :cool:

I'll head home to the mam and dads house, home cooked meal and then watch the rugby.

gimmick wrote: »
    I shall be celebrating today by not wearing pants and not veering too far away from my bed/couch. Life is good.

Thanks Cleatus, I nearly vomited my easter egg with that image. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Blasted diet, no easter eggs for me today, booooo

krudler wrote: »

Dark chocolate is your friend, m'man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

While were in the moment just take this time to wish everyone a happy easter and have a good day off,(to those who have one) and enjoy the kick ass weather (for them who can enjoy it) :p

From all of us here at CBG.ie. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

krudler wrote: »

Boiled eggs FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

how come none of the youtube embeds are working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The most recent one is working for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement