Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems ESPN is being added to the Sky Sports pack in Ireland.

That is awesome awesome news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »

great that will save the auld fellah some money.

anyone know anything about Google+ ? just noticed on my Taiwanese friends FB that loads of her friends are dropping FB/Twitter for it. to explain why someone put this on her status bar

nP0Nh.gif

Dunno about google+ at all. Ill steer clear for now anyway. I have an account, but big fat meh thus far..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Dunno about google+ at all. Ill steer clear for now anyway. I have an account, but big fat meh thus far..

we can all join the fad in a few years. tbh i really don't care!

I never did the bebo thing. Only jumped on the facebook wagon about 2 years after people were excited about it.

twitter is handy for news, especially press conferences.

Low Ki replied to me last week on asking him about his views on the Irish language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Really. Where you read this. That means I'll get hockey. But is this costing more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

cena wrote: »
    Really. Where you read this. That means I'll get hockey. But is this costing more

sky promised a price freeze till 2013 but this might be a way round it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

cena wrote: »

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

awesome, cancelled my espn last month due to getting the hd so happy with this

jmolloy wrote: »
    awesome, cancelled my espn last month due to getting the hd so happy with this

Roll on the new hockey and nfl season and in hd.

Off to play some hockey now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I never did the bebo thing. Only jumped on the facebook wagon about 2 years after people were excited about it.

Low Ki replied to me last week on asking him about his views on the Irish language.

Haha, what did he say?

I will never ever own a facebook account.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Delighted about ESPN since they showed a lot of football on it last year. UFC is on it as well, right? Do they show PPVs? One of my biggest stumbling blocks with UFC was that I could never be assed to download them but if they are free now, I'll defo be getting into it moreso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Delighted about ESPN since they showed a lot of football on it last year. UFC is on it as well, right? Do they show PPVs? One of my biggest stumbling blocks with UFC was that I could never be assed to download them but if they are free now, I'll defo be getting into it moreso.

Yeah they show the UFC ppvs live,its a pity so many recent fights have been canceled but the cards always go on.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Haha, what did he say?

That its an important part of our identity.

I was going to ask him what to have for dinner, but doubt he would have answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That its an important part of our identity.

I was going to ask him what to have for dinner, but doubt he would have answered.

Tweet him and tell him to change his name to Ló Kí.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I still haven't got a facebook account, don't tell me if I finally get one, I will to late...:pac:

Facebook is stupid. Its handy for a few small bits, but overall, unless you have you account filtered to death, it is just annoying.

Mary Smith likes RIP Michaela Harte

John Murphy and Jimmy Jumbo also like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is the ESPN for free thing only for 3 months lads? Says it for on the UK site but I'm hoping its different here.

There seems to be a lot of contradictions in the thread in SF.

From what I can gather - its free for 3 months in the UK to new customers.

From what I can gather - it is free to all forever to Irish customers.

Much like SSN became a pay channel in UK in January and remained the same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Here's hoping. Have been missing my Bundesliga quite badly.

• Advertisement

Delighted Suarez scored a brace last night. Hope Uruguay go on to win the Copa, pity that Luis is going to miss a bit of the start of the season. Seems that City want £50m for Tevez good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

‎"My Super Sweet 16" is horrific, despicable TV full of vacuous, moronic parasites. What a crap world we live in

Voltwad wrote: »
    ‎"My Super Sweet 16" is horrific, despicable TV full of vacuous, moronic parasites. What a crap world we live in

and yet you have apparently been watching it. I call it Jersey Shore syndrome

The Committee Room would be so much better if Marty turned up drunk the odd time. Think of it what happened this week? Ah Marty took a piss into Des Cahills car petrol tank & got into a fight with Pat Spillane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

and yet you have apparently been watching it. I call it Jersey Shore syndrome
    Captive viewing in a friend's house, god awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Found out recently that some other forums on boards are ripe with infractions, needless trolling/slagging and general ass-clownery; and it's our neck of the woods that's really sound! That makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Anywayz, keep it up lads. It's great that the PW forum shows everyone else in boards how it's done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

anybody else watching the darts? Paul Nicholson coming out doing a CM Punk impersonation and holding up a nexus scarf :D

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Found out recently that some other forums on boards are ripe with infractions, needless trolling/slagging and general ass-clownery; and it's our neck of the woods that's really sound! That makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Anywayz, keep it up lads. It's great that the PW forum shows everyone else in boards how it's done :)

And that would show they we here are very passionate about the wrestling. And follower people here know what there talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is the ESPN for free thing only for 3 months lads? Says it for on the UK site but I'm hoping its different here.

The only thing is you have to have the two sports pack. Thats all.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »

We had dark days here in the past too but ever since ive been a mod (not claiming credit, the place had just been ummm clensed before I was appointed) this place has been a breath of fresh air in comparison to some parts of boards and even more so in comparison to non boards forums.

It a great little community of regular posters we have all of whom contribute wether it be posting SD/TNA spoilers (and marking them as such), news in the news/rumours thread, live Raw/PPV discussion threads, the your questions answerd thread etc... its the posters who make all these things work and make it a one stop shop for all things PW related.

As ive said before I dont use other wrestling sites because I literally have no need thanks to the fact that anything worth reading is posted here anyway. Then add to that the things that certain posters including yourself and myself organise things for the forum (OSW review/ATH), like Mr Nice Guy and the Draft or Gimmicks boards interviews (still time to as Devitt things folk) and you can see why this is the only board on boards that I would actually want to mod.... it does help that moding this place is generally no work at all these days too.

so to summarise, I agree Jay :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement