Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    I only started a new username due bitterness over what happened in the MMA section. Something thankfully most of you lads took my side on. I should have come back as my original username ages ago but I was drayme for so long that I said **** it despite one mod and a rake of posters inviting/asking me to come back.

So you got around a ban by using an alt account, drayme posting in MMA tut tut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I welcome your return Rovert. :)
    Best face turn ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

In fairness I wasnt able to appeal my ban even though I was entitled to by Boards rules for a bunch of reasons. Despite having an open and shut case in regards to Mods bullying me as most people on this forum could tell you. What else could I do? I admit to being an ass on Pro Wrestling but I was a genuine poster on MMA and I got in trouble for book learnin'.

In the case your refering to, yep most PW posters would have agree'd with you fully but tbh and this is more to the other PW poster now not yourself Rovert, this issue should be left in the past and not really brought up. I would prefer to avoid a PW vs MMA boards debate and wouldent want issues like the above mentioned avoiding a ban (justified or not) highlighted if at all possible.

Understood.

All I want is a fresh start as I had no one to turn to make things right.

• Advertisement

Understood.

All I want is a fresh start as I had no one to turn to make things right.

Well youve got that here...

obviously once your face turn takes off and we dont have a repeat of some of the unfortunate stuff from your past on PW... shouldent be an issue, afterall Drayme had been surviving despite some anamosity (primarily when he first appeared).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

All you need now is a title run and some cheap pops.

Well youve got that here...

obviously once your face turn takes off and we dont have a repeat of some of the unfortunate stuff from your past on PW... shouldent be an issue, afterall Drayme had been surviving despite some anamosity (primarily when he first appeared).

You can me having the gall to suggest Eve Torres would get revenge on Michael Cole for that (which she did if any one remembers). :pac:

Seriously I hope others can do the same. Those posters who were also antagonists are no longer around too.

All you need now is a title run and some cheap pops.

"These good people.. Of.. DUBLIN, IRELAND!!"
    Woooooo!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

New fantasy league is up. I am going to try make a team to finish with zero points. Is that possible?

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    "These good people.. Of.. DUBLIN, IRELAND!!"
    Woooooo!! :D

hey thats where I am right now , woooo \0/

2010-07-05-lil-botched-cheap-pop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Welcome back Rovert!!

This feels like Mankind turning back into Cactus Jack!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Thank god you're back rovert. That drayme was a right prick. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Christ, just realised that after being on the site for about 3 years and close to 5,000 posts, over 20% of my posts have been on this forum, and it's the forum I've posted on the most. I know for many of you, that figure would be a lot more, but I never would have thought it'd be that many. Guess it's because coming here never feels like posting, just chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

yeah we got a sweet corner of boards etched out. Wrestling sites/forums are notoriously apprehensively sarcastic or denigrating; posts which have the "I must show everyone how much i know in every post and how little you do" syndrome; very happy to be on boards where everyone's familiar and we just chat about the sport/shows we love; it'd b close to actually having a chat/discussing things rather than replying to posts if that makes sense. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Rovey baby!

Pingi wrote: »
    Rovey baby!

Do I know you?

Do I know you?

A lot of people who were regulars on here had to re-reg after the boards hack so I guess a lot of those you might recognise from your last time posting regularily here might still be about but with slightly alterd names in most cases. Pingu (maybe Pingu girl but now Pingi) was never the most prolific of posters but she has been posting on boards PW for many years now

A lot of people who were regulars on here had to re-reg after the boards hack so I guess a lot of those you might recognise from your last time posting regularily here might still be about but with slightly alterd names in most cases. Pingu (maybe Pingu girl but now Pingi) was never the most prolific of posters but she has been posting on boards PW for many years now

Doesnt ring a bell.

Doesnt ring a bell.

lol oh you cheeky hoar!

• Advertisement

lol oh you cheeky hoar!

Reported

I see Limerick Lad is on here now too. Im a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rovey baby!
    Pingers!

Its like the good old days in here, all we have to do now is get the bauld Gerard C back from the Ping Pong Bar and we'd be elected.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Pingers!

Its like the good old days in here, all we have to do now is get the bauld Gerard C back from the Ping Pong Bar and we'd be elected.

haha WELL FLAH BAI! Any craic?

Sorry about that one off text there about a month or two ago, I was very bad :pac:

Forgot I had text ya, until i saw it in my outbox about a week afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Christ, it's like the return of the PW board legends in here

Im just awaiting an appearance of some valid reasoning of some sort.

tis making me feel fierce old... I know everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

haha WELL FLAH BAI! Any craic?

Sorry about that one off text there about a month or two ago, I was very bad :pac:

Forgot I had text ya, until i saw it in my outbox about a week afterwards

Haha I thought as much, I have no craic I'm gone fierce boring. Off down to Thurles for more humiliation now Sunday. Hows life with yoursel?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Haha I thought as much, I have no craic I'm gone fierce boring. Off down to Thurles for more humiliation now Sunday. Hows life with yoursel?

Ah very good lad,no news is good news. The bauld Diabhal was jeering me about the match there yesterday, pup. I hold no hope after the last game but best of luck to ya haha.

No complaints in camp phingú, at nathin' but swimming, sleeping and gowlin' since finishing up in May. Have an interview now Tuesday so might be joinin' ya up in the big shamoke! Fingers and toes crossed yanno yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Feck sake I feel like The Miz right now

• Advertisement

Feck sake I feel like The Miz right now

What did you do to piss off Walter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement