Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

cena wrote: »
    Do any of ye like the mighty ducks flim

As a kid of course I did, looking back though they haven't aged well.

I also loved Cool Runnings as a kid as we;;/:o

trophy_at_nbc5.ashx?20110723T1315272812&mw=500

Picture from Manchester Uniteds tour of the USA.

Spot the former Raw GM :P

EDIT: Maybe the anonymous Raw GM :eek: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Liverpool must of been a right shambles today 3-0,quite a little spanking against a championship team. Whoah Sky News are saying Amy Winehouse has been found dead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Word going round on Twitter that Amy Winehouse is dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loved her singles ,much better than the likes of Lilly Allen and the dire Jessie J. She was a mess for the last few years so its not that much of a shock but still 27...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-confirmed-dead.html
    Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.
    The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.

I've no idea about anything pop-culture related but it sounds like she had drug, mental and physical health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

My guess would probably be an over-dose. Very sad, only 27 :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Hardly suprising given the lifestyle, was gonna happen sooner or later. Member of the 27 Club now. Guess she should have gone to rehab after all.

Rte two are showing Grounded for Life at the moment,the father in it Sean always reminded me of Triple H.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

RIP

I wonder who will get all the F4W back issues in her flat?

She a wrasslin fan??

gimmick wrote: »
    She a wrasslin fan??

I read somewhere once that she was a Big Rvd fan

gimmick wrote: »
    She a wrasslin fan??

Massive at one stage at least. She gave an interview that she was obsessed with RVD and Jericho. There is a thread on F4WOnline with Bryan saying that he once had a subscriber along the lines of "Winehouse.A" from London.

can we place a ban on the "should've gone to rehab" joke? Mitch got it out and we can be done with it.

There is a real lack of surprise with the news of Amy Winehouse's death over the internet. I wonder if repsonses will be this muted the day we hear of Jeff Hardy's or Scott Hall's death. :(

Amy Winehouse has been a mess for a long time, and if you saw her recent "performance" in Serbia you would join us in not being shocked. In fact, at the time I said "matter of time" before she died.

27 years old, and an amazing artist. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

jaykhunter wrote: »
    can we place a ban on the "should've gone to rehab" joke? Mitch got it out and we can be done with it.

There is a real lack of surprise with the news of Amy Winehouse's death over the internet. I wonder if repsonses will be this muted the day we hear of Jeff Hardy's or Scott Hall's death. :(
    That joke is gonna be made about 400 times in the next 24 hours. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

She must have gone on a hell of a bender when the ex got out of jail. Sad to hear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Makes you wonder about the kind of people she had advising her. No way in hell she should have been let near a stage in that condition. Sickening listening to the fawning eulogies being given by BBC reporters who were so quick to concentrate on her failings while she was alive.

RIP Amy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The curse of 27 year old singers dying strikes again.. Cobain, Hendrix, Buckley, Joplin and Jim Morrison also I think.. Although I don't think she deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as any of them.. Good singer, overrated artist..

The curse of 27 year old singers dying strikes again.. Cobain, Hendrix, Buckley, Joplin and Jim Morrison also I think.. Although I don't think she deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as any of them.. Good singer, overrated artist..

Wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aye. Buckley is the most extreme example of over-rated. He had the one great album and we know the rest of the story.

Aye. Buckley is the most extreme example of over-rated. He had the one great album and we know the rest of the story.

Not that he was 30 when he died.

That said there is real case for Winehouse being more of an "artist" than Buckley. Buckley lent on singwriters, musicians and producers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

meh, play with matches and you get burned. she had the money to walk into any rehab clinic she wanted but didnt, dont have much sympathy tbh. It's funny how the people on facebook and the like are saying its a "tragic loss" wouldnt bat an eyelid at a junkie on the street, but a junkie with a good singing voice is a terrible loss, ok then...

i'm not excusing her but i doubt she was of sound mind. If you're too messed up to want to help yourself you'll never escape your demons, no matter how talented you are or how much money you have. It's quite sad. But was she just a scumbag junkie? I hope it's not that black and white.

From another forum:
    Amy Winehouse trivia - she used to run a WCW website during the Monday Night Wars before she was famous and used to brag about meeting Chris Jericho. She was also a Rob Van Dam fan and still watched WWE.

At least we known what drove her to drink. :pac:
    krudler wrote: »
    meh, play with matches and you get burned. she had the money to walk into any rehab clinic she wanted but didnt, dont have much sympathy tbh. It's funny how the people on facebook and the like are saying its a "tragic loss" wouldnt bat an eyelid at a junkie on the street, but a junkie with a good singing voice is a terrible loss, ok then...

All we need know need now is someone mentioning Oslo and we have captured all related online discourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

rovert wrote: »
    Wrong

I was sure he was 27? Not that I particarly care, I'd hardly call myself a devotee.. More of a Joe satriani/ Al Di Meola style guitar fan

Morrison was 26 when he died was he not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,423 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP Amy Winehouse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement