Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

First off congrats to Flah and Pingu. Great result and well deserved.

Galway fandom is a painful thing. Football is awful and hurlers are nervier than an 15 year old giving her first blowjob. I got up at 7am this morning to get the train to watch these useless ***** so joke is on me obviously. They looked fatter than John Lee in a sweet shop and were clearly unfit in comparison to a hungry Waterford side who started at a high tempo. Mullane and Brick really showed their class today.

My first time in Thurles was a **** one. Met Ken Early though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

First off congrats to Flah and Pingu. Great result and well deserved.

Galway fandom is a painful thing. Football is awful and hurlers are nervier than an 15 year old giving her first blowjob. I got up at 7am this morning to get the train to watch these useless ***** so joke is on me obviously. They looked fatter than John Lee in a sweet shop and were clearly unfit in comparison to a hungry Waterford side who started at a high tempo. Mullane and Brick really showed their class today.

What was the feeling afterwards in the stands,I was numb after then a sudden feeling of blind rage a familiar feeling as a follower of the tribesmen. I was thinking watching I hope you gave it a miss cause it was a Sorry sight.

GTR63 wrote: »
    What was the feeling afterwards in the stands,I was numb after then a sudden feeling of blind rage a familiar feeling as a follower of the tribesmen. I was thinking watching I hope you gave it a miss cause it was a Sorry sight.
    Me and the girlfriend left before full time but still felt awful.She said she'll never go to a match again after today :( Something was really wrong. No fitness or concentration and Waterford capitalized on our poor passing and woeful fullback line. Shane Kavanagh was never as bad.

No hope can come from that. Maybe Leinster wasn't the answer.

Me and the girlfriend left before full time but still felt awful.She said she'll never go to a match again after today :( Something was really wrong. No fitness or concentration and Waterford capitalized on our poor passing and woeful fullback line. Shane Kavanagh was never as bad.

No hope can come from that. Maybe Leinster wasn't the answer.

I don't get how they don't seem to want it a All Ireland is by FAR the most important thing you can do in a GAA career yet we seem to pack it in when it gets tough. I don't think sacking McIntyre is a solution either.Sorry to hear about her saying that,I text a friend about Down losing to Cork yesterday & she gave it back in spades today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Went up to the match, my first match ever!

When the match started it was about 2/3 Galway in the terrace around me. 10 minutes to go and I could see about three people left in Galway jerseys.

• Advertisement

The morbid circle of life continues our Seniors shame the county & our minors do this.
    http://www.examiner.ie/sport/gaa/tribesmen-demolish-saffrons-to-march-to-semis-162052.html
    NO I am not getting my hopes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The morbid circle of life continues our Seniors shame the county & our minors do this.
    http://www.examiner.ie/sport/gaa/tribesmen-demolish-saffrons-to-march-to-semis-162052.html
    NO I am not getting my hopes up

The senior team would get to more semi-finals if they were playing Antrim in a quarter final too.

The senior team would get to more semi-finals if they were playing Antrim in a quarter final too.

To be honest Antrim have about as much of a chance of winning a All Ireland as we have.What I was saying was that our minors are consistantly getting far every year but the seniors more often than not lose to teams who haven't a notion of winning the all ireland,Tipp last year being the exception. God this Resi Evil film on sky premier is abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

To be honest Antrim have about as much of a chance of winning a All Ireland as we have.What I was saying was that our minors are consistantly getting far every year but the seniors more often than not lose to teams who haven't a notion of winning the all ireland,Tipp last year being the exception. God this Resi Evil film on sky premier is abysmal.

Don't be silly :pac: Galway people need to stop with outlandish statements like that. They're either the greatest players ever (see discussions on the underage teams or after the Cork game for examples) or else they are awful. The reality is Galway are a decent team.

I know what you were saying. But the success of Galway underage teams needs to be looked at with the format of the Championship in mind. It's far easier for them to get to an All Ireland final than it is for the seniors. Galway aren't getting beaten by no-hopes every year.

1F1BO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

And it was because that guy got fired that it never happens anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Haywire Trailer

Gina Carano in the lead role kinda looks like Lita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Haywire Trailer

Gina Carano in the lead role kinda looks like Lita

I remember hearing about that flick when they were shooting it here, AMAZING cast. But it looks like a really really bad B Movie from the 80s storywise... On a unrelated movie note. I've watched Captain America online 3 times in the last 2 days, absolutely awesome movie, my favourite of the Summer so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mid week woof

Thre is a juicy piece on SSN now who looks like the type I'd allow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Khali and Jinder have some explaining to do about Maddie McCann

rovert wrote: »

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Talk about a shot in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

it's a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What?

Police in India have found girl believed to be Madeline McCann. Pending a DNA test and a ladder match.

Police in India have found girl believed to be Madeline McCann. Pending a DNA test and a ladder match.

Feck me thats some great news!

• Advertisement

Oh lets hope its true. I wouldn't want anyone spreading lies enough of that crap happens on twitter.

I hate twitter after the Loughnane thing.

Started watching breaking bad last night.

I cant really stop watching. Not sure wether its a good thing or a bad thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

The parents have dismissed the claims, saying that it's only as likely as other leads :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CMpunked wrote: »
    Started watching breaking bad last night.

I cant really stop watching. Not sure wether its a good thing or a bad thing..

It's a great thing. Only got into it a few months ago, watched 3 seasons over 2 weeks and it just gets better. Season 4 is airing at the moment so spread out your viewing and you can have those built up to watch as well!

It's a great thing. Only got into it a few months ago, watched 3 seasons over 2 weeks and it just gets better. Season 4 is airing at the moment so spread out your viewing and you can have those built up to watch as well!

That's what I mean, I will probably binge on all 3 seasons over a week or so. The guy who loaned me the first 3 serieses said not to because I have to let it rest in my head before moving on to the next one.

I have no idea what he means as the first series so far is reminding me of the first series of lost, slow paced, extremely character centric.
    Anything that reminds me of my beloved lost is alright by me. :)

Theres one episode in the third series, and it is the greatest episode of any television programme ever. I can't tell you which one, but you'll know it when you come to it. You HAVE to watch every episode leding up to it to get the full effect though.

Anyone reading this who has seen it, hopefully knows what one I'm on about.

Keep an eye on my twitter feed, get glue updates when I watch an ep. You'll know when I see it.

I dont think I'll ever be able to watch malcom in the middle again after all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

any of u guys know where i can find good video clips of the panels at Comic Con this year? preferably youtube but anything'll do

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

IIRC this kind of thing was asked here before and ive 0% confidence that I am anything other than fcked but thought id ask again anyway...

I'm using a different computer while im home cos mine is kinda wrecked and apparently my brother used to use this one when he was home too (its my dads). I plugged in my Iphone and itunes opened itself up and auto synched with the old settings of his phone. Usually I wouldent give a sh!t cos i dont use my phone for music all that much but in doing so it has seemingly deleted all my photos and videos from my Iphone of which there where hundreds.

Pretty p!ssed off tbh and like i said dont expect there is anything I can do but thought it worth asking if anyone know of any backup or restore option available to me.... F*CK!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement