Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

leave ur ipod plugged in; the files might still on the system.
    have a look at this page and download the software.
    http://www.squidoo.com/recoveripodmusic

hopefully that's of some use; i just looked around the net for a solution :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    leave ur ipod plugged in; the files might still on the system.
    have a look at this page and download the software.
    http://www.squidoo.com/recoveripodmusic

hopefully that's of some use; i just looked around the net for a solution :)

thanks man, ill report if i can fix it and was looking around for similar just remembered talk about the synch problem before in here.... F*CK Apple!

hope all that applies to Iphones they all just say Ipod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

any of u guys know where i can find good video clips of the panels at Comic Con this year? preferably youtube but anything'll do

This user has a good few of the panels up: http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers
    IIRC this kind of thing was asked here before and ive 0% confidence that I am anything other than fcked but thought id ask again anyway...

I'm using a different computer while im home cos mine is kinda wrecked and apparently my brother used to use this one when he was home too (its my dads). I plugged in my Iphone and itunes opened itself up and auto synched with the old settings of his phone. Usually I wouldent give a sh!t cos i dont use my phone for music all that much but in doing so it has seemingly deleted all my photos and videos from my Iphone of which there where hundreds.

Pretty p!ssed off tbh and like i said dont expect there is anything I can do but thought it worth asking if anyone know of any backup or restore option available to me.... F*CK!

Hmm... that's a tough one. If you can manage to sync it back on your old computer, then you should have it all sorted again.

When you plugged your phone into the computer did it automatically sync everything or did it prompt you to backup your phone first?

If not, then it can get kinda messy.

This user has a good few of the panels up: http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers

Hmm... that's a tough one. If you can manage to sync it back on your old computer, then you should have it all sorted again.

When you plugged your phone into the computer did it automatically sync everything or did it prompt you to backup your phone first?

If not, then it can get kinda messy.

it didnt prompt me to backup the phone afair and yes this seems messy even when looking at one page for advice it says right click on the ipod in the devices menu of itunes and find a backup/restore option yet when i do it all i get is eject or new playlist as options :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

it didnt prompt me to backup the phone afair and yes this seems messy even when looking at one page for advice it says right click on the ipod in the devices menu of itunes and find a backup/restore option yet when i do it all i get is eject or new playlist as options :mad:

Do ya reckon it would possible at all to back it up on your own computer?

I had the same situation a few months back but I was poxed that I made a backup a few days before and backed it up on an external drive.

• Advertisement

Do ya reckon it would possible at all to back it up on your own computer?

I had the same situation a few months back but I was poxed that I made a backup a few days before and backed it up on an external drive.

I dunno tbh because i very rarely ever used the thing on my own computer because as said i didnt use it for itunes its the pictures and videos im desperate to get back, currently using a thing called ParetoLogic data recovery to search for them. It is showing its found 600+ images that can be restored so far (scan not finished yet) but tbh Ive a feeling they are from the computer in general and not the iphone. btw thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Can your computer, the one that's kinda wrecked, be accessed at all?

My advice, (if you can) is restore your phone to the earliest point.
    But with the newer comp that you using temporarily, create a brand new user and use that one when your at home. Delete iTunes off the new user which you have created and that will mean you can still plug in your phone without worry of auto sync.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Can your computer, the one that's kinda wrecked, be accessed at all?

My advice, (if you can) is restore your phone to the earliest point.
    But with the newer comp that you using temporarily, create a brand new user and use that one when your at home. Delete iTunes off the new user which you have created and that will mean you can still plug in your phone without worry of auto sync.

that will be the next step if either of the two backup/recovery softwares im trying rent succesfull. My old computer can be accessed but usually completely freezes up whenever it has to do anything other than the most simple mundane tasks. I'd also be worried that the earlies point might be when i have a hundred instead of several hundred pictures on it, still better than nothing but not what I want.

edit: infact now looking at the second bit of software I think I am f*cked if the files the first one has found arent from my iphone as i need a saved file to restore from and on this computer the only one is my brothers with F all in it and maybe a really really really old one on my own computer.

backup your phones and ipods and whatever else folks

HOLY SHíT LADS this looks epic. Blown away.

HOLY SHíT LADS this looks epic. Blown away.

yep Epic well and truely is the right word for that. Apparently after the last system restore I dont even have itunes on my old laptop...F*ck you Apple, all my pics and videos are gone.

How many of those movies are there now? I remember seing Nash in that Thor ripoff and assume they are all made by the same people. Seem like they would be a good laugh, obviously not ones to be taken seriously though... and the academy award goes to Jimmy Hart :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Did anyone watch Austin's flim. Hunt to kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just watched Galatasaray give Liverpool a real lesson 3-0,could of been more.Even I didn't think we had as much shít in the Squad as we have Degen,Insua, Cole,Poulsen,N'gog, Jovanovic,Kyrgiakos I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm on the bus home from work and it's an interesting journey so far! A guy beside me had been rolling joints from the get go (Which tbh I have no problem with) and two scumbags hoped on with two kids. They have the kids sitting together and when the young chap asked questions the mother said "Don't give me cheek you little ****". When the parents notice the guy rolling they both jumped up like kids and began talking loudly about their drug use and got some stuff from him. The son keeps trying to ask his mum questions and she keeps getting into his face telling him to shut the ****. And I'm still here for another hour and a bit.

Poor kids that's all I can think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Share them the message of straight edge! :pac:

Wheres the bus going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If only I had my CM Punk shirt! I have a CM Punk toy on my desk in work, should have brought it back to spread the word :p

Dublin to Galway but I'm getting off in Moate. Think Ireland would explode with joy if I was in the same county as DB :p

If only I had my CM Punk shirt! I have a CM Punk toy on my desk in work

Not my proudest admition but I do have a Punk action figure too. My mother found it when she was out for a walk & I was more delighted than a grown man should be that it was Punk. The last time I had figures was when Gangrel,Droz & Shamrock were about. Still have them though wouldn't give it to my nephews they'd only make **** of them.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not my proudest admition but I do have a Punk action figure too. My mother found it when she was out for a walk & I was more delighted than a grown man should be that it was Punk. The last time I had figures was when Gangrel,Droz & Shamrock were about. Still have them though wouldn't give it to my nephews they'd only make **** of them.

I'v some from 10yrs ago still in there boxs. Got the original ones of hulk, piper etc. Would never let kids touch them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I was robbed today by 3 knackers. 40 euro but they had a knife on them so it could have been worse
    If only I had my CM Punk shirt! I have a CM Punk toy on my desk in work, should have brought it back to spread the word :p

Dublin to Galway but I'm getting off in Moate. Think Ireland would explode with joy if I was in the same county as DB :p
    Oh the fun that would be had :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That's nasty DB. I was mugged once by a scumbag in Dublin who had a blade. I know how rotten it feels. At least you're alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I was robbed today by 3 knackers. 40 euro but they had a knife on them so it could have been worse

You should have done some MMA on them

• Advertisement

It's ****ty and could have been waaaaaaaaaaaay worse cuz he had a knife and it was only 45euro. I was stupid though because after he took the money I swung at him and his two friends pushed me away.

At least I'm not hurt or dead.

It's ****ty and could have been waaaaaaaaaaaay worse cuz he had a knife and it was only 45euro. I was stupid though because after he took the money I swung at him and his two friends pushed me away.

At least I'm not hurt or dead.

Sorry to hear that Diabhal especially after you were robbed in Thurles last Sunday by 15+ lazy bastards with Hurleys. Never been robbed myself but the most I keep in my wallet would be €20. Where did you get robbed if you don't mind me asking?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Diabhal especially after you were robbed in Thurles last Sunday by 15+ lazy bastards with Hurleys. Never been robbed myself but the most I keep in my wallet would be €20. Where did you get robbed if you don't mind me asking?
    Do ya know the pitch where the road down to the Blackbox is? Just up that hill. Myself and two friends were up there drinking and sure when they pulled the knife there was nowhere to run.

Do ya know the pitch where the road down to the Blackbox is? Just up that hill. Myself and two friends were up there drinking and sure when they pulled the knife there was nowhere to run.

In galway is it. Sorry too hear what happened.

Cheers lads. I'm not cut up about it really because the realization of losing 40ish euro instead of a kidney is a good swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cheers lads. I'm not cut up about it really because the realization of losing 40ish euro instead of a kidney is a good swap.

LOL

Delighted you got the pun there. Wasn't sure it would be picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Christ, glad to hear yer alright Diabhil:)

jaysus DB, glad to hear you're alright. 40 squid is nothing compared to your health man. no harm done (literally)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got mugged meself when I was younger (the story is on here somewhere) but ever since then I've been dangerously cocky whenever someone shifty looking comes near me. Normally I'd avoid completely, but thought to myself that if it was some little teenage fecker I'd be grand. Unless he had a knife or something. Was walking through the same lane I was mugged previously about a year ago and this kid in a hoody jumped out, grabbed me with two hands and said gimme your money or I'll stab ya. Stab me, while trying to threaten me with two hands already.
    "With what?" I says, "Both your hands are grabbing me."
    "I have a knife in me pocket!"
    "Show it to me so."
    "....nah."
    "G'wan, show me the knife and I'll give ya all the money in my pocket."
    "NO JUST GIMME IT OR ILL BATE YA"
    "You don't even have one do you?"
    "F*CK OFF YA FAGGITCHA!"

I still can't believe he was stupid enough to grab my jacket with both hands visible, and then say "I have a knife....in me pocket".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement