Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

glad to hear you are alright DB! f*ckin scumbags in this country! Sorry to hear it happened to you in the first place but at least the worst didnt happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry to hear that Diabhal Beag, glad to hear you are ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watching QuiZone at the minute one of those shows so bad its good, always worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any of you lads on here watching Come Dine With Me Waterford this week on TV3, the show is in Galway next week already had Cork, Dublin and Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

GTR63 wrote: »
    Watching QuiZone at the minute one of those shows so bad its good, always worth a watch.
    I would give anything to be on that show. I wish we had something like that when I was a kid.

I firmly believe I could enter that with a few bottles in me, on my own, and beat every single one of those kids. It'll be like a pub quiz in Funderworld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Glad to hear you're alright DB, Jesus that could have been alot worse

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would give anything to be on that show. I wish we had something like that when I was a kid.

I firmly believe I could enter that with a few bottles in me, on my own, and beat every single one of those kids. It'll be like a pub quiz in Funderworld.

that = ratings

as everyone else says glad your alright DB and didnt risk it over 40euro, I'd hope id do the same myself but i dunno as once I once got in a similar situation with a a young fellah but lets just say he caught me at the wrong time, cant remember what it was but i was in a seriously fowl mood and considering he looked about 12 I just ended up giving him a look like i could eat him alive then speaking some words like "wrong day buddy, are you willing to kill me, cos im gonna beat the f*ck out of you if you take a step towards me" and despite shaping like he had a weapon in his pocket and us being in a rough area he ran.

yeah I could make out that im a legend for doing that but infact those are the actions of a total eejit who is not thinking rationally, as a person like that could just as easily pull a knife or worse and not think twice about leaving you to die. btw I wouldent have used DBs pun in the thread title if he hadnt himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

"wrong day buddy, are you willing to kill me, cos im gonna beat the f*ck out of you if you take a step towards me"

:eek:
    It was you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its funny I got an awful feeling I was gonna be mugged last night after work, was walking home with my laptop on my shoulder and a gang of scumbags split into to two, one group in front of me and one behind. I just stared the fellas out of it that were behind me and made a hasty retreat before they had a chance to do anything.

But there's no f*cking way I'd have handed over that bag to them if it had come to it, I have six months of research stored on that machine and the back up hard drive was in the poket of teh bag too. They'd literally have to have stabbed me to death before they'd have gotten it off me. C*nts.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any of you lads on here watching Come Dine With Me Waterford this week on TV3, the show is in Galway next week already had Cork, Dublin and Limerick

Blaa soup all round.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    :eek:
    It was you!!

yeah sorry about that, should have given that lil 12yr old punked my shopping, had a bad day and all that tho. :pac:

i've always been an idiot with regards risks like that though i remember playing rugby with a broken sternum because we had no subs.... most retarded thing i ever did tbh

gotta say after the week i had, not from there but id swear if i meet someone from Cork (not from there myself but..) now I'm going to always be worried im related to them. Was down the country for a family reunion and id swear there was over 160 relatives there i had never met before. feckin place was crawling with my family, throw a stone in Cobh or Middleton and you would probably hit one of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I know I'm not alone here on this.

I'll be walking home from a night out, I'll turn a corner and there'll be a woman walking roughly 60-100ft in front of me. We are both walking in the same direction and it's dark out.
    I immediatly think "Oh christ, I probably look like I'm following her." and try to slow down.
    Then I think "Crap, now it looks like I'm gonna follow and rape her and that I know shes on to me and I'm slowing down to try and lose her."
    And THEN I think "Feck it I'll cross the road so I don't look too weird" and end up getting lost in some estate at 3am just because I don't want to look like a rapist while walking home.

Does anybody else do this?

I'll be walking home from a night out, I'll turn a corner and there'll be a woman walking roughly 60-100ft in front of me. We are both walking in the same direction and it's dark out.
    I immediatly think "Oh christ, I probably look like I'm following her." and try to slow down.
    Then I think "Crap, now it looks like I'm gonna follow and rape her and that I know shes on to me and I'm slowing down to try and lose her."
    And THEN I think "Feck it I'll cross the road so I don't look too weird" and end up getting lost in some estate at 3am just because I don't want to look like a rapist while walking home.

I'm usually too busy trying to figure out how to get her into the boot of the car without her raising the alarm tbh.:pac:

Didn't know rté two was going to show the u19 euro semi vs Spain. Should be better to watch than the golf or iCarly anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yeah they are not the most likeable bunch this week. The MMA guy seems sound enough but the others would drive me mental. The guy from Tesco seems a particularly blunt tool :pac: Though that just makes it funnier! A workmate of mine is from Waterford and she's mortified by it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That's oddly how I ended up getting mugged. Was walking home from a night out and had pretty much the above go through my head. Thought I'd take the scenic route. Scenic route involved a scumbag taking a lep at me with a blade. I actually thought about taking my chances and decking him (he did look like a scrawny junkie) but the risk was too much. The c*nt asked me to hand over my jacket when all I had on me was a tenner since I left my wallet at home that night. Luckily me saying "ah f**k off I'm on the dole" seemed to do the trick! I've turned ultra cautious at night time now since. Kinda horrible really that you can't walk home from the pub without the fear of being mugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is it true that you can now carry non lethal defense items with you if theres a need to?
    Pepper spray etc.

I know it would look kinda woman-y pulling that out of your pocket, but in these days it nearly sounds like a necessity!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Just read that cena's Mother is Irish. Any truth in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

cena wrote: »
    Just read that cena's Mother is Irish. Any truth in this.

Wiki says he has Irish and Italian ancestry but his mums maiden name is Carol Dickau, which would be a very unusual Irish name but maybe the Irish comes from his grandmother.

WWE should do some of those 'Who do you think you are?' TV shows with some of their wrestlers :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah I knew I wasn't the only one! But I find that they usually stop to pretend to tie up their shoelace, stop to zip up their jacket, or stop to check their phone, and let me overtake them. Doesn't matter if they are wearing velcro or high heels which don't even have laces!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wiki says he has Irish and Italian ancestry but his mums maiden name is Carol Dickau, which would be a very unusual Irish name but maybe the Irish comes from his grandmother.

WWE should do some of those 'Who do you think you are?' TV shows with some of their wrestlers :pac:

That would be good viewing.

Kildare vs Donegal was enjoyable at the end after a truly awful 1st half. Was it me or was Kevin McStay practically Marking out when Donegal got the winning point.

Germany never qualify for a world cup do they?

Jaysus was wacthing with my uncle who was talking about how the swedes were very "efficent" and almost always did well in qualifications, then the germans are drawn... ugh!

would have prefered almost anyone than them (not Spain).

May as well book our tickets to Brazil now chaps!!!

Wait...GERMANY?!?!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH **** IT!!! Another World Cup without Ireland then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Kildare vs Donegal was enjoyable at the end after a truly awful 1st half. Was it me or was Kevin McStay practically Marking out when Donegal got the winning point.

I ended up seeing the end of extra time on BBC2. I have to say, the commentary was just f*ckin awesome.

I ended up seeing the end of extra time on BBC2. I have to say, the commentary was just f*ckin awesome.

Are you from Dublin, I could understand anyone from there switching it when McStay said NO,NO,NO,NO when Kildare conceeded a soft free to them earlier in the year. Hard to know what to make of the Draw I would of wanted to avoid Spain,Holland & Germany I don't think any other teams in Europe are in a particularly good state at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Are you from Dublin, I could understand anyone from there switching it when McStay said NO,NO,NO,NO when Kildare conceeded a soft free to them earlier in the year. Hard to know what to make of the Draw I would of wanted to avoid Spain,Holland & Germany I don't think any other teams in Europe are in a particularly good state at the moment.

Nah man, from Cork. I was watching the world cup draw on the red button and I turned it on when the america's draw was done.

We could've gotten a really tougher draw but it's manageable. Germany will be tough and if Sweden slip up, we definetly can get the Play-off place

Whoever finishes second in the group will go into a play-off, so the two most intriguing matches will be between Ireland and Sweden home and away.

They got two good forwards in Ibrahimovic and Elmander, but they aren't as good as they were 10 years ago, I reckon Ireland can get 4 points from them.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Whoever finishes second in the group will go into a play-off, so the two most intriguing matches will be between Ireland and Sweden home and away.

They got two good forwards in Ibrahimovic and Elmander, but they aren't as good as they were 10 years ago, I reckon Ireland can get 4 points from them.

I think it's a very safe bet that we will take the second spot, but if we had gotten England I think we could have walked the group. Germany were the one team that I wanted to stay clear of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement