Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Whoever finishes second in the group will go into a play-off, so the two most intriguing matches will be between Ireland and Sweden home and away.

They got two good forwards in Ibrahimovic and Elmander, but they aren't as good as they were 10 years ago, I reckon Ireland can get 4 points from them.

Elmander scored a grand volley against Liverpools Shop/Slop Window XI the last nite.I'm a big fan of Ibra too even if he's a real marmite player for some.Germany have such a large young group of players we've absolutely no chance of getting top & if we can get 2nd i'd guarantee we'd "somehow" get France.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

GTR63 wrote: »
    Kildare vs Donegal was enjoyable at the end after a truly awful 1st half. Was it me or was Kevin McStay practically Marking out when Donegal got the winning point.

I was at the match. From a tv perspectiive,I'd say it wasn't the best at the times but being at the match, the tactics were fascinating.

A gutting result and I felt really sorry for the lads. Every year we seem to lose in a more tradgic/dramatic way.

All the best to Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brock vs Fedor is something everyone missed the boat on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It would've been great to see but Fedor's handlers wanted exceptionally unreasonable terms (not just cash, but co-promotion with UFC etc). And Dana knew better, knew Fedor was a lot of hype, not worth the cash. But it would've been so amazing to do a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It would've been great to see but Fedor's handlers wanted exceptionally unreasonable terms (not just cash, but co-promotion with UFC etc). And Dana knew better, knew Fedor was a lot of hype, not worth the cash. But it would've been so amazing to do a few years ago.

Oh I know, Dana made a wise decision particularly in hindsight. Just Brock would have gotten SOOOOOOOOOOO much more mileage out of defeating Fedor than Werdum did. Not to mention the online lulz.

I hate the sight of Dana all he does is talk ****. He'd a go at Fedor last nite saying "Who Called him the Michael Jordan of MMA" as if Fedor lost to blind badger. Couture & Liddell lost a fair few fights towards the end the latter suffered FAR too many Knockouts before UFC said no more. Fedor should retire but don't take potshots at him for going on too long its not as if nobody in UFC is doing it WANDERLEI & CRO COP just retire already Pleeeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I was at the match. From a tv perspectiive,I'd say it wasn't the best at the times but being at the match, the tactics were fascinating.

A gutting result and I felt really sorry for the lads. Every year we seem to lose in a more tradgic/dramatic way.

All the best to Donegal.

I would say the likes of Kerry Cork and Tyrone would have ssenlittle to worry them yesyerday tbh. Very poor stuff for long stretches. Death by handpassing at times.

I predict a Kerry/Tyrone final. Would like to see Tyrone win it in the circumstances, it would be the most emotional All Ireland win ever really.

cena wrote: »
    Just read that cena's Mother is Irish. Any truth in this.

Someone should tell Trap.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any of you lads on here watching Come Dine With Me Waterford this week on TV3, the show is in Galway next week already had Cork, Dublin and Limerick

Cringeworthy stuff. The young lad was a decent skin and just your normal young lad, apart from that they were a shower of arseholes.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    I would say the likes of Kerry Cork and Tyrone would have ssenlittle to worry them yesyerday tbh. Very poor stuff for long stretches. Death by handpassing at times.

I predict a Kerry/Tyrone final. Would like to see Tyrone win it in the circumstances, it would be the most emotional All Ireland win ever really.

Alot of mistakes but the defending by both teams was immense. A very unconventional game of football.

Tyrone have their own problems. Not impressed with many parts of their game at all yesterday.

I'm very sure Dublin will see them off.

Very poor stuff for long stretches. Death by handpassing at times.

You could use that to describe the entire Football Championship its all about stopping the opposition now. Kicking isn't done at all unless its for scores. A handpass fest & games do be decided more on fitness than skill.

Alot of mistakes but the defending by both teams was immense. A very unconventional game of football.

Tyrone have their own problems. Not impressed with many parts of their game at all yesterday.

I'm very sure Dublin will see them off.

For unconventional I'd read awful. Sure it was dramatic at the end but for the most part you had players handpassing sideways and backwards faced with a wall of mass defenders until someone gave it away, Pulling most of your players behind the ball might be termed good defending but it also leads to low scoring and means you're always liable to be hauled back as you don't score enough to pull clear of teams.

I have a feeling Tyrone will do the Dubs, they've been buildin steadily in the qualifiers and the record of provincial champions in the quarters hasn't been great in recent years. Theree nothing like regular games to get a team right, whereas the Dubs will have had none for 4 weeks. Its worth bearing in mind Dublin toiled to beat Wexford the last day and wer elucky to get the win over Kildare the day before that. They have plenty problems of their own. Nullify the brogans and you can beta Dublin. They are massivley over-reliant than them and no better team than Tyrone to do a job on them.

GTR63 wrote: »
    You could use that to describe the entire Football Championship its all about stopping the opposition now. Kicking isn't done at all unless its for scores. A handpass fest & games do be decided more on fitness than skill.

The handapssing is a good way for pooere toeams to bring themselves to a competitive levels but isn't really condicive to getting goals. The team that can get 2-3 goals per game will win the AI and to score heavily like that you need to mix handpassing with good deliver from the foot as well.

I have a feeling Tyrone will do the Dubs,.

Not with Kevin Hughes in midfield they won't. I've enjoyed Tyrone over the years. They are a shadow of what they were sadly. Alot of their players have become very one paced. Dublin will have a field day with their defence.

Anyone ever been paintballing?

Not with Kevin Hughes in midfield they won't. I've enjoyed Tyrone over the years. They are a shadow of what they were sadly. Alot of their players have become very one paced. Dublin will have a field day with their defence.

They have more young talent coming through than any other county in the country.

The way you're talking Dublin have 6 stellar forward when the reality is if you eliminate Brogan you can subdue them relatively easy. They really are no great shakes and haven't been that great in the championship so far this year. Tyrone wouldn't have to be a briliant team to beat them tbh, and they'll want revenge for last year.

CMpunked wrote: »

Aye its great craic. My only advice would be take it handy on the bullets at the start, it won't cost you much to actually pay in, but they make their money on selling you extra bullets when you run out, which you inevitably do. Don't do it with a hangiver though, it gets very warm inside the helmet and gear as I found out a few years back. :pac:

They have more young talent coming through than any other county in the country.

The way you're talking Dublin have 6 stellar forward when the reality is if you eliminate Brogan you can subdue them relatively easy. They really are no great shakes and haven't been that great in the championship so far this year. Tyrone wouldn't have to be a briliant team to beat them tbh, and they'll want revenge for last year.

Wanna place a friendly wager?

Aye its great craic. My only advice would be take it handy on the bullets at the start, it won't cost you much to actually pay in, but they make their money on selling you extra bullets when you run out, which you inevitably do. Don't do it with a hangiver though, it gets very warm inside the helmet and gear as I found out a few years back. :pac:

Thats what i was going to ask.

How many paintballs would do for say, an hour?

• Advertisement

Never been paintballing myself,teacher promised to take us in Transition Year but never did the basturd. Darran O'Suillivans goal for Kerry was just Quality. Joe Brolly is still being Angry for the sake of being Angry though.

Wanna place a friendly wager?

Why not we say whichever one of us loses gives a fiver to charity or something?

Why not we say whichever one of us loses gives a fiver to charity or something?

Agreed.

Thats what i was going to ask.

How many paintballs would do for say, an hour?

God its a while since I went now, but I remember doing it for a morning once and having to get extra bullets two or three times and there were a hndred in a bag each time.....

Cork gone.

Whens the last time they had no team in the semi's of either code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just shows ya how great the Galway footballers were :pac:

But congrats to all farmers on here.

Just shows ya how great the Galway footballers were :pac:

I seen one of our Footballers buying a Breakfast Roll friday morning felt like flaking him tbh. Congrats Mayo but like when Waterford beat us it feels like they've played their All Ireland already. Joe Brolly will be delighted since he turned heel on Cork last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Joe Brolly went from geek with accent to Jim Cornette in a week

Joe Brolly went from geek with accent to Jim Cornette in a week

2011 = Summer of Brolly

• Advertisement

Hardcore Brolly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement