Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

who's your top 5? :D
    That's just asking for whole load of alledgedlies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just watched a great U21 Munster Hurling Final,ended 4:20 to 1:27 AET to Limerick. doubt the senior hurling semi's will be as competitive.
    Just seen that Tevez has been given more time off by City on SSN you couldn't make that up,nice to see they have that beautiful presenter on tonite she looks a lot like Trish Stratus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

U21 is always great, slightly looser hurling than senior, games are more open and high scoring and teams are always capable of losing a lead.

I don't know where the thread title came from but I like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't know where the thread title came from but I like it.

ive been changing the title every 2/3 days recently, I really should just stick on one, mmaybe itl be Daibhal for el Presidente. What would be your first order of business o potential great leader? something galway, PW, hurling, buckfast, podcast related?

• Advertisement

A buckfast fuelled-PW podcast while playing a hurling match, during a Boards PW meet-up, while laughing at our neighbours North of the Corrib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I hope some Fu*ker stabs you down the Spanish Arches for 40 euros and a bottle of Buckfast on your day of election:pac:

A buckfast fuelled-PW podcast while playing a hurling match, during a Boards PW meet-up, while laughing at our neighbours North of the Corrib.

best sentence ever! youve got my postal vote from shanghai anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ive been changing the title every 2/3 days recently, I really should just stick on one

No don't do that! I get a great laugh out of the constantly changing thread titles!

Makes sense also - it suits the PW for - having frequently changing titles!! WAY---OAH!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Goal for the Week - Get into the thread title.

• Advertisement

Goal for the Week - Get into the thread title.

just so you know there is no method to my madness.

I hope some Fu*ker stabs you down the Spanish Arches for 40 euros and a bottle of Buckfast on your day of election:pac:
    Mr.Walter where were you on the night of the stabbing of Martin-Tom-Mike "Diabhal Beag" Canning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Thats just mean

Mr.Walter where were you on the night of the stabbing of Martin-Tom-Mike "Diabhal Beag" Canning?

I be your "Big O" Canning once your elected.. No little Galway fuc*ers will mess with you then:pac:

You can see how smug I've gotten since the thread had me in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

You can see how smug I've gotten since the thread had me in the title.

When Not if you become president make Cyril Farrell the Taoiseach. The man's analogies alone could heal the country in this time of need.

My plan is for Cyril to fight Máirtín Tom Sheánín in a steel cage for Taoiseach.

My plan is for Cyril to fight Máirtín Tom Sheánín in a steel cage for Taoiseach.

I hope you build the Diabhal Dome..

The Diabhal Dome proves I should have at least been in the top 5 for the Draft. Some of my best puns went unnoticed.

The Diabhal Dome proves I should have at least been in the top 5 for the Draft. Some of my best puns went unnoticed.

Tbh you should've been top 5 for having Mike Awesome try to murder Miz alone..

• Advertisement

anyone here know anything about this show?

treme--35927c2a11c4bcaf_large.jpg

HBO and the boyos from the wire make me think it will be awesome by default but in Taiwan i hadnt heard anything about this so now im looking into it cos if its good ill get the whole first season before i have to feck off back to Asia next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive heard it is very good, albeit extremely slow moving. Meant to be a heavy jazz influence to the show as well, so if you like the jazz you will like this.

It is on my to do list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've watched both seasons and I really enjoy it. I wasn't a huge jazz fan before it but it really got me into it and they're are some great tunes throughout it.

It's an excellent look at life post Katrina and it does have a slow moving pace, but the performances throughout are excellent. It's really hard to compare it to the Wire as I find it a different kind of show. It does have a very real feeling to it though, they even had a former corrupt mayor play himself in season 2 which was an excellent touch.

I'd definitely give it a shot if I was you anyway.

cheers lads getting ep 1 now but ive a feeling ill need more than 1 ep to get into it so should prob get a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I didn't enjoy Treme. It has all the production values of a David Simon show, but it wasn't for me. Aside from disliking jazz, it just felt too preachy. Every episode felt didactic. Less of a show and more of a political broadcast. Sure his other shows and books are very political, but this seemed a bit too far.

But if you like jazz, you might like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Loved it was out of mind on energy drinks working in the small hours working on my Master dissertation but loved all the same.

It isnt the Wire. A lot slower paced and no magical moment where the genius of the show reveals itself (yet at least).
    I didn't enjoy Treme. It has all the production values of a David Simon show, but it wasn't for me. Aside from disliking jazz, it just felt too preachy. Every episode felt didactic. Less of a show and more of a political broadcast. Sure his other shows and books are very political, but this seemed a bit too far.

Kind of the point tho. It is a city ruined political indecisions.
    But if you like jazz, you might like it.

David Simon called it Glee with black people. :pac:

I actually bought the soundtrack it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Like I said, a show can be political without being preachy. The Wire was extremely political but they weaved that into an amazing story. Treme is basically a bítch fest for 60 minutes.

Theatre, books and movies have tackled politics for a long, long time and I've no problem with that. If I want to go political, I'll catch The Crucible on stage or re-watch The Wire. Treme just bores the hole off of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Anyone out there want to help me with my 411 column?

I need three banners, one saying "The 411 Wrestling Hot or Not with Seán Reid", a "Hot" banner and a "Not" banner. My photoshop skills are not helping me at all and I wanna make it look as good as possible. Nothing big in size, 608x250 would be perfect. Anyone interested? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone out there want to help me with my 411 column?

I need three banners, one saying "The 411 Wrestling Hot or Not with Seán Reid", a "Hot" banner and a "Not" banner. My photoshop skills are not helping me at all and I wanna make it look as good as possible. Nothing big in size, 608x250 would be perfect. Anyone interested? :)

I could help, mail me with any ideas you have.

• Advertisement

As the title says, happy birthday man!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement