Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A fine man with a username we should all remember fondly from yonder years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bit dissapointed your el presidente has been taken off the title. Is Charisteas named after the Greek forward that hit fame at Euro 2004?
    Just seen the ad for the Rise of the planet of the Apes again over any ad i've ever seen for a film it gives away the entire plot they certainly ahn't going down the Super 8 route anyway

GTR63 wrote: »
    Bit dissapointed your el presidente has been taken off the title. Is Charisteas named after the Greek forward that hit fame at Euro 2004?
    No he played corner-back for Loughrea in 2005 :pac: Kept Damien Hayes to only 2-7 in a league match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy birthday Charisteas bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Happy spawning day Charisteas!

• Advertisement

I see Galway sacked Ó'Flatharta. Hard to know who'd want the job here we still rely on Padraig Joyce & only seem to be getting Worse in recent years. Whoever it is he has to do something about our lack of fitness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I see Galway sacked Ó'Flatharta. Hard to know who'd want the job here we still rely on Padraig Joyce & only seem to be getting Worse in recent years. Whoever it is he has to do something about our lack of fitness

There must be more fundamental problems in Galway GAA than the managers. ye keep getting new men in in both codes and aruably have gone backwards. I'm not sure there is a county that underperformaing so much relative to the size of its GAA playing population and level of talent available. Its crazy.

Galway's club scene is like girls on your Debs night. All of them hate each other due to past altercations. They won't work towards a common goal and then you have the left out emos (Loughrea) who aren't allowed in. And yet the lads from Dublin who came down for the day all get along.

Our only hope is to sink as possibly low as we can sink, build from the ground-level up and hope to be contenders again in 10 years.

Galway's club scene is like girls on your Debs night. All of them hate each other due to past altercations. They won't work towards a common goal and then you have the left out emos (Loughrea) who aren't allowed in. And yet the lads from Dublin who came down for the day all get along.

Our only hope is to sink as possibly low as we can sink, build from the ground-level up and hope to be contenders again in 10 years.

Brilliant.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Happy Birthday Charisteas!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Happy Birthday Charisteas!

Also on an unrelated note I am nervous about tonights match....

Garseys wrote: »
    Also on an unrelated note I am nervous about tonights match....

Aren't the media building Tyrone up a bit though its like this Year they are using Reverse Psychology

GTR63 wrote:

Aren't the media building Tyrone up a bit though its like this Year they are using Reverse Psychology

A little bit yeah, but theyve got a very strong line out and are physically prepared whereas the dubs have had some time off.

Anyway the 31 counties vs Dublin :pac:

If you can't motivate a team to an All-Ireland after your daughter was murdered I don't know what to tell you. Tyrone are a good side but they have more reason to be pumped up and ready to win than any other side.

This is a seriously wide open AI. Dublin are iffy, Kerry are a shadow of themselves, Tyrone have the experience but not what you'd call a great team and then Mayo and Donegal are the two dark horses that have as big a chance as any other team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Talk about the GAA more lads

I wish we could but we were totally outta time.

Ireland were fair underwhelming today in the Rugby we never once looked like scoring a try which was fair worrying. Has Harte not talking to rte anything to do with their reporting of his daughters murder?

Harte reckons they were extremely unfair towards his family during the death (They were very sympathetic) and got all butthurt when the awful Brian Carthy didn't get the job on radio for the matches.

I always laugh at Waterford fans calling Davey an attention whore when Harte is the very definition of it. Especially since he's done very little outside of Ulster since Canavan retired.

Well good start from Dublin...

feel free to make me eat my words later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

As the title says, happy birthday man!

wm6gw1.jpg

flair%20hugging%20cena-medium.jpg

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Happy birthday Charisteas bro!

BatistaandRey-Rey.jpg

Happy spawning day Charisteas!

bret-shawn-hug.jpg

CMpunked wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Charisteas!! biggrin.gif

osdgmw.jpg

Garseys wrote: »

mcckgp.jpg

• Advertisement

Is Charisteas named after the Greek forward that hit fame at Euro 2004?

It sure is. I have Greek family and I think I was watching a Greece match when I joined Boards, hence the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Happy bday Charisteas!!!

Happy bday Charisteas!!!

chrisandeddie_339650a.jpg

Running out of hugs here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Happy birthday Charisteas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Fuck you Charisteas!

Well Vinnie Numbers, you were spot on about the Dubs, fair play. I couldn't have been more wrong really.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well Vinnie Numbers, you were spot on about the Dubs, fair play. I couldn't have been more wrong really.

Tyrone are well past it now,like AC Milan they are a old side who are holding onto too much players who were good 5 years ago who haven't got any legs to do it when the going gets tough (that hurts me to say being a big Milan fan). Dublin definetly deserved it but Tyrone were old,leggy & a poor warm up for even Donegal.

Tyrone are more like Juventus in fairness. At least Milan won Serie A last season.

Tyrone are more like Juventus in fairness. At least Milan won Serie A last season.

i'm more of thinking of the Champ League. Milan will ALWAYS take them over the league,Milan got the legs ran off them by Spurs last year which was humiliating considering most of Milan's team had been so successful. Joe Brolly on about our Minor to Senior hurling problems,he just doesn't care who he pisses off. Stone Cold Joe Brolly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

C'mon you boys in blue!

Just back from it.

Ya know what I'm getting sick of gaa fans calling for yellows and frees every time there is a bit of ruff going on. It's not ****ing soccer, I actually love how refreshing it is seen two lads mill each other and then just getting on with it without rolling around holding their faces like sissys. Some gorilla behind me shouting ref, free, yellow, send him off! Shut up ya muppet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement