Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

rovert wrote: »
    One or two people on here seem not want me around and think that I am starting arguments. Despite myself personally not recalling any recent incidents myself. The only feedback I've received has been positive.

Ive put the work in to be nice and helpful as possible: answering questions etc only to be all of a sudden to be met with this view of me. Do others share this view? Ill leave here if that is the case.

Thanks
    There's a riot in the thread Rovey. Not a good time with Walt throwing fists through all the bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wish we had Clare people on here. Not often we can boast of a win never mind two over the one county.

It's time for Galway to riot over another disappointing sporting season. First place I'm thrashing is The Quays.

I'd go for Supermacs I like it myself from time to time but I have a feeling a few of our hurlers like it a bit too much taking their Sponsorship as a badge of honor nearly. Seen none of my neighbours from Clare either,no point slagging my dad either Despite being born in Clare he supports Galway cause he moved up here when he was a few weeks old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There's a riot in the thread Rovey. Not a good time with Walt throwing fists through all the bookies.

Seriously, Diabhal Beag I feel really **** on here. Things were grand until tonight.

I don't post on here a lot (always look through the threads though) but when you were on here before a few years ago I could see why people were getting annoyed with you.

But since you came back I haven't seen any problems with your posts. Always find them very informative.

That's very fair, Cactus thanks.

I've admitted in this thread to my faults and past mistakes. In return I was offered a clean sheet but that doesnt seem to be the case, sadly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

One or two people on here seem not want me around and think that I am starting arguments. Despite myself personally not recalling any recent incidents myself. The only feedback I've received has been positive.

Ive put the work in to be nice and helpful as possible: answering questions etc only to be all of a sudden to be met with this view of me. Do others share this view? Ill leave here if that is the case.

Thanks

dont know if this is really the forum (dont mean PW i mean the way your approaching this, asking people straight up) for it as it may exasorbate the situation but youve asked and I will anser and ill allow others answer too once and i cant stress this enough folks you do so in a respectfull manner because otherwise you will be in trouble.

Rovert, everyone knows you know your stuff with regards PW among other things, thats obvious from the content of your posts and imo goes without saying. However be it intentional, unintentional or other people mis-respresenting how you post you can often come across as condecending. It can some times feel like you are belittling peoples opinions etc which is never needed or appreciated. Obviously i dont think you mean to do this or come across this way and yes many many people post like retards at times but you dont have to point out that their opinions are retarded (not saying you always do this either, but as you now only a hand full of incidents can garner a reputation and you were coming back with a reputation already).

As you say you do tend to answer peoples questions which i do believe is appreciated and you have improved (be it enough to avoid situations like those you speak of I dont know, guess we will see) but occasionally even to me it does seem that when you are replying to those who know less than you on a topic (can be a lot of people including myself most of the time i'd admit) you do come across like you think yourself superior to them. Again this isnt intentional I believe and is often just the way you word things but if changed i dont think you would have any problems at all here cos people appreciate a good poster and all know that you could be one of the best.....

edit: again all of that is just my opinion and I have no problem with you posting here infact I encourage it

on an unrelated matter I'm off again in the morning, moving to Shanghai this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Era don't leave rovert.

I wasn't around on boards back when you were so I don't know what happend but, from what I've seen over the past few weeks, you've definetly been trying yer best to contribute to the board

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thanks

Screw them rovy, i always said this place could always benefit from your extensive knowledge when you werent here and now that youve returned i still stand by that.

Seriously, Diabhal Beag I feel really **** on here. Things were grand until tonight.
    You've done nothing wrong so far and people enjoy your posts. Not sure why you'd care if one or two people don't like you. I'll be honest, ever since I had the thread named in my honour Walter has looked a bit jealous. There might be some animosity in the Canning Coalition.

You've done nothing wrong so far and people enjoy your posts. Not sure why you'd care if one or two people don't like you. I'll be honest, ever since I had the thread named in my honour Walter has looked a bit jealous. There might be some animosity in the Canning Coalition.

:pac:
    picture.php?pictureid=6908&albumid=1165&dl=1280609336&thumb=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I've nothing against rovert, I think he's a good poster.. I don't like the way he talks down to people, and how he acts when people do the same back to him.. No offence but if you have an aggressive and argumentative posting style, you can't be easily offended, if people respond to you in kind

• Advertisement

can someone fill me in on what the canning coalition is? :o

CMpunked wrote: »

Its the next movement in human history & a experience that has to be.. well experienced.

Since the conversation is going on (and since ill be offline for a few days so not have to deal with it :pacman: ) ill use this as a chance to say this :

If someone (not anyone in particular) is being a d!ck in your opinon, report it. Its the mods job to deal with it, if you bicker your in the wrong.

Seems your alright so far Rovy and this is an honest bunch on here and after my post they know they can be honest too (while being respectful obviously)

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its the next movement in human history & a experience that has to be.. well experienced.

album-are-you-experienced.jpg

I just dont know lads I know I have the majority of board's support here (at least I think so).

Sorry Bounty Hunter but your post is based on generalised, unspecific examples. If I have belittled someone it has been inadvertent or a joke gone wrong. But I've never told someone that their opinion didn't mean anything to me or worse.

I dont know where mods are getting this from? Reported posts this time around or from my previous time around? If it is the latter then that is slightly unfair as supposedly I had a fresh start here.
    I've nothing against rovert, I think he's a good poster.. I don't like the way he talks down to people, and how he acts when people do the same back to him.. No offence but if you have an aggressive and argumentative posting style, you can't be easily offended, if people respond to you in kind

You are projecting here to be honest. I would never speak to another poster the way you spoke to me tonight.
    If someone (not anyone in particular) is being a d!ck in your opinon, report it. Its the mods job to deal with it, if you bicker your in the wrong.

I shouldnt have to report someone telling someone that their opinion means sh!t IMO.

GTR63 wrote: »

It's the next step in human evolution..

Rovey you know your stuff. I don't find you condescending but then again I don't take myself as serious as a lot of other posters on here so I can only speak for myself and all the guys ITT. This is a forum where a lot of people mightn't be so clued in as guys on say DVDVR.

If you feel hard-done by I don't know what to tell ya. You are a good contributor and I'd like to have more Fade Street discussion ITT.

Forget the Straight Edge its too simplistic you couldn't hang your hat on it never mind your Soul. This is bigger than Human Augmentation, Time Travel & Immortality combined.

I just dont know lads I know I have the majority of board's support here (at least I think so).

Sorry Bounty Hunter but your post is based on generalised, unspecific examples. If I have belittled someone it has been inadvertent or a joke gone wrong. But I've never told someone that their opinion didn't mean anything to me or worse.

I dont know where mods are getting this from? Reported posts this time around or from my previous time around? If it is the latter then that is slightly unfair as supposedly I had a fresh start here.

well as this is a main thread and not a private conversation i dont want to go too in depth and as i said i dont think any of it is intentional and id agree with what you said its probably inadvertant or a joke gone wrong.

If your including my above post in your mods comment, I was just being honest and like I said I personally have no issue with you. and infact the reason behind my 2nd post saying if people do have an issue report it dont squabble is that nobody (or essentially nobody, ill be honest im moving back to asia in the morning and havent been as active as normal) has reported you recently and yet this discussion is still happening.

Your a very nowledgable poster trying to avoid a repeat of previous issues who perhaps makes comments that go over peoples heads or get taken the wrong way etc all im doing is trying to make you aware of how people may percieve you because of that fact. Im not having a go at you and id prefer if you continued to post here. Infact nobody so far has said they would prefer if you didnt

CMpunked wrote: »

Diabhil and Walters plan for presidency

• Advertisement

picture.php?pictureid=6908&albumid=1165&dl=1280609336&thumb=1

Rovey you know your stuff. I don't find you condescending but then again I don't take myself as serious as a lot of other posters on here so I can only speak for myself and all the guys ITT. This is a forum where a lot of people mightn't be so clued in as guys on say DVDVR.

If you feel hard-done by I don't know what to tell ya. You are a good contributor and I'd like to have more Fade Street discussion ITT.
    Your a very nowledgable poster trying to avoid a repeat of previous issues who perhaps makes comments that go over peoples heads or get taken the wrong way etc all im doing is trying to make you aware of how people may percieve you because of that fact. Im not having a go at you and id prefer if you continued to post here. Infact nobody so far has said they would prefer if you didnt

I just felt kicked in the balls when my posts from three years ago are taken into consideration rather than my current conduct in a current situation despite an apparent clean slate offered.

There was no call for what Walter said.

Pretty much said my piece here.

I shouldnt have to report someone telling someone that their opinion means sh!t IMO.

You shouldent have to but then again I wasnt refering specifically to you as I said in my post. However if you had maybe I would have dealt with it as I'd have had it brought to my attension, instead I didnt see it. Not saying another mod didnt see it or anything else along those lines because discussion of mod decisions is not something that should be done in the off topic thread and im sure you would appreciate that.

Anti-Jackeen, anti-people against Arthur's Day (sup Barrington) and anti-non-drinkers.

Anti-Jackeen, anti-people against Arthur's Day (sup Barrington) and anti-non-drinkers.

jaysus where is Voltwad and his proposed boards PW roster, first feud is written DM and the Straight edge boys vs The Canning Coalition ftw

You shouldent have to but then again I wasnt refering specifically to you as I said in my post. However if you had maybe I would have dealt with it as I'd have had it brought to my attension, instead I didnt see it. Not saying another mod didnt see it or anything else along those lines because discussion of mod decisions is not something that should be done in the off topic thread and im sure you would appreciate that.

Talking about mod decisions wasn't my initial intentions the conversation seemed to drift that way. Tired and over-worked I just felt really unwanted by those who I spoke to and made feel that I was this major problem here currently. I just wanted to see if that was pervading opinion among posters as it would be a shock to me if it was.

I think Voltwad is to busy thinking Politics and underwhelming Irish clubs in Europe to worry about this blood feud.

Talking about mod decisions wasn't my initial intentions the conversation seemed to drift that way. Tired and over-worked I just felt really unwanted by those who I spoke to and made feel that I was this major problem here currently. I just wanted to see if that was pervading opinion among posters as it would be a shock to me if it was.

then gladly it turned out that is not the opinion of most, infact as I said nobody has actually said anything of that sort in reply to you here so hopefully the matter can be left here and we can instead talk about vitally important matters like imaginary riots and non drinkers vs hurlers etc

The non drinkers will be wiped out, by getting bottles of Buckfast across the skull..

• Advertisement

Rioting in Birmingham aswell, can't think of anything that could make that place worse. Some reported in Liverpool too, that place is 2 different cities as soon as it gets dark the city totally changes for the worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement