Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I thought about that, but i'm a fairly inquisitive git that I'd be very surprised if it didn't come into conversation.

Would you have time to be that inquisitive of the sheer number of fans in the country? :P
    From what you tell me, CCFC spend about 2/3rds of their matches against Drogheda. What's up with that anyway?

News to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From what you tell me, CCFC spend about 2/3rds of their matches against Drogheda. What's up with that anyway?

Each team play each other four times this season (was 3 last season)...I guess you always hear about them more because of our shared liking of the six toes...eh, Drogs :pac:

Anyone else find it a bit sad that in this day and age the top headline on our national television broadcaster's news programme is what some feckin priest says about the events of the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Would you have time to be that inquisitive of the sheer number of fans in the country? :P

Jesus, you're really pushing it with this one today. If i could be bothered asking every tub of lard on legs with a rugby jersey on, I probably would be. But I'm not all that bothered about it! :)
    News to me :confused:

Drogheda, not Dundalk... do Dundalk even have a team at this stage?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not to mention the genius of an owner decided not to charge in for the Drogs game, so there is **** all money there. CCFC is circling the drain at the moment, and that scares me.

CCFC played Drogs alot lately alright with Setanta Cup, League cup, league. Not a club I particularly like.

• Advertisement

Each team play each other four times this season (was 3 last season)...I guess you always hear about them more because of our shared liking of the six toes...eh, Drogs :pac:

That and the fact that most of those games end up in a draw.

Jesus, you're really pushing it with this one today. If i could be bothered asking every tub of lard on legs with a rugby jersey on, I probably would be. But I'm not all that bothered about it! :)

Drogheda, not Dundalk... do Dundalk even have a team at this stage?! :)

Nice sweeping generalisation there ;)

I could pretend I give a fcuk about the Irish soccer scene now that Dundalk are doing ok, but I won't. :P Though we are ahead of Drogheda so far this season apparently :P

Nice sweeping generalisation there ;)

Yep, i'll admit that it was too. :D
    Now that we've established the difference between that and what you claimed was a sweeping generalisation, we'll now move on. ;)
    I could pretend I give a fcuk about the Irish soccer scene now that Dundalk are doing ok, but I won't. :P Though we are ahead of Drogheda so far this season apparently :P

LOI never interested me, when you're in one county with 4 different teams, you tend not to care as such. Especially when 3/4 of those teams are taken farrrrr too seriously too by their so called fans.

gimmick wrote: »
    Not to mention the genius of an owner decided not to charge in for the Drogs game, so there is **** all money there. CCFC is circling the drain at the moment, and that scares me.

CCFC played Drogs alot lately alright with Setanta Cup, League cup, league. Not a club I particularly like.

Been reading all the rumours on the city forum, really don't know what to think anymore...could city really be no more after the Galway game? :(
    That and the fact that most of those games end up in a draw.

Oooii, City won 1-0 against them on Tuesday :P

Been reading all the rumours on the city forum, really don't know what to think anymore...could city really be no more after the Galway game? :(

I'm sorry, this gonna sound really vindictive, but i'm a big believer in karma, and given gimmick's smug posts on the soccer forum, for the team to go under will be the most hilarious thing i will ever read about.
    Oooii, City won 1-0 against them on Tuesday :P

Well colour me wrong! ;)

• Advertisement

, really don't know what to think anymore...could city really be no more after the Galway game? :(

Only one man knows that Im afraid. Fact is if CCFC goes bust, Tom Coughlan is 100% to blame.
    gimmick's smug posts on the soccer forum

Pardon?

I'm sorry, this gonna sound really vindictive, but i'm a big believer in karma, and given gimmick's smug posts on the soccer forum, for the team to go under will be the most hilarious thing i will ever read about.

Say that on the soccer forum and you'll get the usual half of people agreeing and the other half going mental saying that no-one should be glad to see another team go under, no matter how much they hate them. It's ok to slander the players and hope they get their legs broken, but not that an old club go under due to their own mismanagement:rolleyes:

Pardon?

The second any other team suffers a misfortune, you're one of the first to rub it in claiming how they deserve it. You know what i'm talking about on that forum as well.

Just saying, what goes around, comes around.

Say that on the soccer forum and you'll get the usual half of people agreeing and the other half going mental saying that no-one should be glad to see another team go under, no matter how much they hate them. It's ok to slander the players and hope they get their legs broken, but not that an old club go under due to their own mismanagement:rolleyes:

This! Right here!

Wish I could find a clip of Maxie in the FAI headquarters right now. :P

The second any other team suffers a misfortune, you're one of the first to rub it in claiming how they deserve it. You know what i'm talking about on that forum as well.

Just saying, what goes around, comes around.

Ya, because i was winding folks up, CCFC deserve to go under. Huzzah for karma.

Plus, you have your facts wrong there. I may have said that Drogs end was an obvious one, but i yopu also notice I have been ultra critical of my own team on how matters have been handled pre, during and post the club examinserhip proceeding. The way the new owner has behaved since taking the club over has the club in a very precarious position, and rightfully so.

Only one man knows that Im afraid. Fact is if CCFC goes bust, Tom Coughlan is 100% to blame.

And if it does happen, I really hope he doesn't get away with it :mad:
    Wish I could find a clip of Maxie in the FAI headquarters right now. :P

I assume you mean this one...

Ya, because i was winding folks up, CCFC deserve to go under. Huzzah for karma.

Plus, you have your facts wrong there. I may have said that Drogs end was an obvious one, but i yopu also notice I have been ultra critical of my own team on how matters have been handled pre, during and post the club examinserhip proceeding. The way the new owner has behaved since taking the club over has the club in a very precarious position, and rightfully so.

It's not just the Drogs going under opinion, this really is nothing personal but you really do come across as a smug git in a lot of those posts, regardless of if you know it or not. So when it comes your turn, needless to say, you're not going to have a lot of friends. :)

It's a soccer team, as Heath Ledger once said... "WHYYYYY SOOOO SERIOUS??"

I assume you mean this one...

Just wish I could get a news report about it. I'll never know how he got a jailterm for that. Still, that's what ya call a proper fan! :P

And if it does happen, I really hope he doesn't get away with it :mad:

What can be done to him? He has done nothing illegal (that we know of). His name will just be dirt in Cork forever more. That is, if it could be worse than it already is.

• Advertisement

It's not just the Drogs going under opinion, this really is nothing personal but you really do come across as a smug git in a lot of those posts, regardless of if you know it or not. So when it comes your turn, needless to say, you're not going to have a lot of friends. :)

It's a soccer team, as Heath Ledger once said... "WHYYYYY SOOOO SERIOUS??"

Puh, that is completely deliberate looking for a rise from people, and most of the posters there know that as well.

And unfortunately the reason I take it seriosuly is that the club I have supported since 1988 is on the brink of collapse. From a persoanl point of view, I would find that devastating.

Still, that's what ya call a proper fan! :P

rotfl - waaay too serious there.

Puh, that is completely deliberate looking for a rise from people, and most of the posters there know that as well.

And unfortunately the reason I take it seriosuly is that the club I have supported since 1988 is on the brink of collapse. From a persoanl point of view, I would find that devastating.

Way too serious soccer fans out there. You guys remind me of all the screaming teenage girls when Robbie Williams left Take That... seriously! :)

Man, i was so close to buying a sh*t load of Haribo sweets off ebay. One of the descriptions then mentioned i was about to pay about €10 for what they reckoned was 100 sweets. F*ck that. I'll stick to the €2 shops.

**** Haribo, Kola Kubes all the way. :P

Would a 24/7 shop be open tonight? There's one in Drogheda i may take a walk down to in a while. Dunno if they'd close or not though, what with it being easter sunday and all that crack.

I'd love some jelly sweets now :(

Would a 24/7 shop be open tonight? There's one in Drogheda i may take a walk down to in a while. Dunno if they'd close or not though, what with it being easter sunday and all that crack.

I'd love some jelly sweets now :(

The likes of ones in garages would be I would guess, at least the one around the corner from me is and was open all through Christmas. Can't say for sure about how the crazy Drogheda ones operate though.

Well it's definitely connected to a garage, I know that much. Argh.. it's all so much hassle :(

May take a look later on though. Monday and Tuesday left. I'll probably have gone five days (fri-tues) without even leaving the house (well, i had to go out on friday morning, but other than that).

I really need to take a look at my life.

But anyway.. one task at a time... Haribo... Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Lads is there any beating Kilkenny in the hurling this year do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

**** Haribo, Kola Kubes all the way. :P

That there is fighting talk :mad:

I challenge you to a duel sir

*slaps amacachi with glove*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement