Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fade St is coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^
    I don't know what the hell that was and i really don't want to! The only return anyone should care about is everyone's favourite double act - that's right Beavis and Butthead are back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    Fade St is coming back

I'l watch it as well, as a connoisseur of bad TV it would be rude not to.:pac:

One thing that does annoy about Fade Street criticism online quite a bit it is from people who watch non stop reality dross, its the equivelent of Katy Perry and Jessie J fans looking down at Rebecca Black:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mark November 5th in your calendars lads, that's the day that anonymous have set to take down Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    Mark November 5th in your calendars lads, that's the day that anonymous have set to take down Facebook.

Not on the social stalking Facebook so don't really care. Anonymous have been quiet for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Who cares about Facebook????????????

FADE STREET IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

anonymous are absolute c*nts! they should really just get a life!

They should all watch Fade Street. Possibly the greatest thing since Father Ted.

They should all watch Fade Street. Possibly the greatest thing since Father Ted.

Nah QuiZone is much better.

• Advertisement

Two different genres

In other media news City Channel is closing. Sucks for those involved but still:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not on the social stalking Facebook so don't really care. Anonymous have been quiet for a while.

dude it might not affect you personally but it does the other 500 million users; sites' primary means of communication (eg review-a-wai!)

I hate this hacking shít. there's no positive aspect to it, no stance or reasoning, just to be an ass. Disruption just to piss everyone involved off. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

More looting today in London-

jaykhunter wrote: »
    dude it might not affect you personally but it does the other 500 million users; sites' primary means of communication (eg review-a-wai!)

I hate this hacking shít. there's no positive aspect to it, no stance or reasoning, just to be an ass. Disruption just to piss everyone involved off. Great.

Sorry if that came across as nasty,just that my friends spent all of weekend trying to find women we went to school with on facebook yesterday.According to them a alarmingly large number of them have kids.
    Anonymous are right nasty pieces of work alrite,can't believe they haven't been tracked them down yet,despite the odd arrest here or there.

Personally speaking I hope they do bring down fb.
    For no other reason than Facebook has become somewhat of a hindrance in some ways, for example, my friends sister is always on it either on he phone or laptop and really should be spending the time with her two kids. A bit of cold turkey for her and some others would be brilliant.
    Another thing is the whole privacy thing is a joke and going by the video anonymous posted highlighting the attack the purpose is to actually hack it so privacy settings should be changed.

I do, however, sympathise with how it will inconvenience the vast majority of it's 500 million plus users. But it's not like it's the only form of communication left.

Personally speaking I hope they do bring down fb.
    For no other reason than Facebook has become somewhat of a hindrance in some ways, for example, my friends sister is always on it either on he phone or laptop and really should be spending the time with her two kids. A bit of cold turkey for her and some others would be brilliant.
    Another thing is the whole privacy thing is a joke and going by the video anonymous posted highlighting the attack the purpose is to actually hack it so privacy settings should be changed.

I do, however, sympathise with how it will inconvenience the vast majority of it's 500 million plus users. But it's not like it's the only form of communication left.

I agree with you about the fact people spend too much time updating on it but anonymous do release even more personal information of people than they put up on their fb account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

They won't hack facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Hold on, Anonymous are announcing in advance they're hacking FB?

It's not like they can even DDoS Facebook since they have the server capacity to handle it.

Hold on, Anonymous are announcing in advance they're hacking FB?

It's not like they can even DDoS Facebook since they have the server capacity to handle it.

then again.... Challenge Accepted? :pac:

• Advertisement

Going by some other forums, the reason they gave a heads up was because they feel that people should know why they are doing it before they do it and not just get pissed off with it all. I suppose like the PSN hack.

They probably won't do it, but I think it would be hilarious if they did.

Going by some other forums, the reason they gave a heads up was because they feel that people should know why they are doing it before they do it and not just get pissed off with it all. I suppose like the PSN hack.

wasn't the PSN Hack Lulzsec?

At first I thought to myself that yeah it would be great and pretty funny to see all those teenagers who spend 18 hours a day on facebook freaking out. But then I thought about what if they hacked and shut down every wrestling news website including boards.ie, how long could we go without wrestling news before we went crazy?

We would all be queuing up outside Easons on a Monday morning, eagerly awaiting the latest issue of Powerslam and FSM to get our wrestling news, albeit the news would be 4-6 weeks out of date!

Do onto others, as you would have others do to you (or something like that) ;)

I did join Facebook only for Review-a-Wai but I kinda drifted away from that ages ago, and joined twitter briefly before getting bored of the sight of it after 2 weeks. I have to say I really preferred the Internet 10 years ago before all this social networking stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As above I lasted about two weeks on twitter. Can't even remember my password now.

Never had a facebook page.

Boards is plenty for me.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    As above I lasted about two weeks on twitter. Can't even remember my password now.

Never had a facebook page.

Boards is plenty for me.

I've a twitter, facebook & a tumblr. All I'm short is a google + a/c

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I've a twitter, facebook & a tumblr. All I'm short is a google + a/c

What is tumblr? I'm not joking.

Yeah never eard of tumblr either, something like bebo is it?

Was anyone a member in the WWF chat room around 10-12 years ago? The dozens of teenage american internet girlfriends I met in that chat-room, those were the good old days!

Must have spent half my teenage years in that chat room. The other half were spent playing championship manager. :pac:

Cmpunked is on Tumbir isn't he. About to brace myself to watch HardCore Justice. Seems Cesc is off to Barca.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Seems Cesc is off to Barca.

Yep and Nasri will be gone in the next 7 days too. Wenger needs to make 4 new signings before the window shuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement