Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

orestes wrote: »
    Am I the only one not to get some action out of that night?! :(

Did you tell a girl you were going to bring her to the zoo the next day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Did you tell a girl you were going to bring her to the zoo the next day?

I did actually! But they are a very close friend of mine so no ideas of hanky panky there from either side

On an unrelated subject, I just messed up one of my fingers and now cannot use the typer finger on my right hand, typing is tricky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

o god how did i not know Red Dwarf was back!

after the first while where it seemed like it missed the laughter track cos it wasnt funny its been class, two funny ginger kids talking to lister on a bus now hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

o god how did i not know Red Dwarf was back!

after the first while where it seemed like it missed the laughter track cos it wasnt funny its been class, two funny ginger kids talking to lister on a bus now hahaha

Is it really them back on earth?

I thought it was just them in a shopping center in the ads!

Is it really them back on earth?

I thought it was just them in a shopping center in the ads!

Its them back on this earth, the earth were craig charles plays a cabbie on corrie (and his character and more are in it) still watching now...lister thinks the channel dave was named after him hahahha

• Advertisement

Its them back on this earth, the earth were craig charles plays a cabbie on corrie (and his character and more are in it) still watching now...lister thinks the channel dave was named after him hahahha

Is this just a one off?

3 new episodes and a making of thing if there will be more, as always with red dwarf who knows its possible

first one wasnt the best but it got better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Incredible stuff at Stamford Bridge.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Meh, we were robbed of an exciting ending by that Lampard goal at the end. Roll on tomorrow, come on Arsenal! :D

flahavaj wrote: »
    Incredible stuff at Stamford Bridge.:eek:

4-4 great game indeed, live with a Pool fan and was really hoping they would score instead of Chelsea at the end and go through on away goals (6-6 on agg).

Chelseas vs Barca again now in the Semi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I thinks it gonna be a Barcalona - Villareal final in Rome

OTB on the second page :eek:

VR, You know that CloneDVD program you recommended to me? When i put in a DVD, is there any way to rip it without the (annoying) borders on the top and bottom?

I was going grand with Minder but when i started doing newer-ish kinda stuff (Friday, Scary Movies, etc.) i get very annoying borders and the only way it's letting me get rid of them is if i zoom in, which, whilst it does get rid of the borders, cuts out the sides of the screen :(

Any idea if there's any way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Is calling me SR that difficult for you? Seriously! :P

As regards your question, i'm not sure if there's a way of cropping the borders in cloneDVD. Unfortunately it's not a fault with the program, but rather the way the DVD is formatted for 16:9 widescreens. And most widescreen TV's adjust it and zoom out the black borders. But PC's wont.

You can manually crop them, unfortunately it means having to having to use another program to re-encode the files again, which is time consuming. More info here:

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic349711.html

I'd either use the zoom or just live with the border.

Forgot about that (that TVs automatically zoom).

I plan to get a 1TB "media drive" so i can connect it straight to my TV. Bought one on eBay the other day and hope to get it up and running when i get it :D

Thanks for all your help man. I feel weird agreeing with you.

Also, yeah, VR, It just comes out. I'm too used to it. Unless i actually sit and think for a minute about your name, i always just type VR :(

I'm sure i'll get it right some day, SR! (VR sounds better though :( :P )

Forgot about that (that TVs automatically zoom).

I plan to get a 1TB "media drive" so i can connect it straight to my TV. Bought one on eBay the other day and hope to get it up and running when i get it :D

Thanks for all your help man. I feel weird agreeing with you.

Bear in mind that some DVDs are done in a really narrow format, extra wide, so even when TV's automatically zoom, it still leaves a border. Usually only for movies though.

I have similar set up for my Xbox 360, a 320GB pocket drive which powers off the USB. It's a pretty sweet deal. :D

And yeah, i agree about the agreeing thing. But like Earl Hickey, i'm just trying to be a better person. ;)
    Also, yeah, VR, It just comes out. I'm too used to it. Unless i actually sit and think for a minute about your name, i always just type VR :(

I'm sure i'll get it right some day, SR! (VR sounds better though :( :P )

Well get unused to it, because the only two left that do it are yourself and Bubs, and trust me, it's equally annoying. :P

No problem... SR!

Thanks again man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i have been mad buzy recently but i just wanna say
    orestes wrote: »
    If there is interest there, I will organise it

You're coming to if this goes ahead, you ain't getting out of it man :D

if there is organisation....i am interested! :D

what program do you guys suggest that can be downloaded ready to go, i got imtoo recently but its only a trial version and i cant find a proper one for free, plus i cant be bothered doing what i tried out and using a video joiner (boilsoft in my case) to to put the file back together again, as the trial version will only rip 5min segments at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Oh yeah! Programme on BBC now about The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe/Narnia. :o

what program do you guys suggest that can be downloaded ready to go, i got imtoo recently but its only a trial version and i cant find a proper one for free, plus i cant be bothered doing what i tried out and using a video joiner (boilsoft in my case) to to put the file back together again, as the trial version will only rip 5min segments at a time

For DVD ripping?

If you read back a little bit, SR recommends programs to me called "CloneDVD Mobile" and "AnyDVD". I've downloaded both and they are working fine (although AnyDVD is apparently only a 21 day trial, so i'll have to find a way around that in a few weeks). CloneDVD converts them directly into AVI files, which is extremely handy in my opinion (although it gives a few choices).

Just ripping Futurama now. When i first ripped i had "Deinterlace video" unticked, and everything was fine and well. However, motion in futurama showed some awkward black horizontal lines. I ripped another episode with the "Deinterlace Video" option turned on, and it seems to have gotten rid of that (just in case you're ripping cartoons).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

The effects of microwave bombardment are said to range from something as simple as pins and needles, to accute pain, to certain types of tinnitis. For example, NASA has patented technology where a person exposed to a certain point. A spy carrying information in his or her mind who was captured by the enemy could, with almost 100% certainty, be broken and made to talk eventually. So began a barrage of government programs which at first sought to create the perfect spy.

The idea was to create a split personality within the agent. The agent would not be aware of the alter-ego. Information could be given to the newly created identity. Then, using some method, such as a key word, the original personality would be brought back to the surface. This agent could then be told to go somewhere, completely unaware that they had this information. Upon reaching the destination, a handler could say a key phrase to the agent, which would bring the split personality to the surface so that at that time the information could be retrieved. If the agent was intercepted enroute to his destination by the enemy, no amount of torture could be used to obtain the information, as the agent would be totally unaware of it.

The effects of microwave bombardment are said to range from something as simple as pins and needles, to accute pain, to certain types of tinnitis. For example, NASA has patented technology where a person exposed to a certain point. A spy carrying information in his or her mind who was captured by the enemy could, with almost 100% certainty, be broken and made to talk eventually. So began a barrage of government programs which at first sought to create the perfect spy.

The idea was to create a split personality within the agent. The agent would not be aware of the alter-ego. Information could be given to the newly created identity. Then, using some method, such as a key word, the original personality would be brought back to the surface. This agent could then be told to go somewhere, completely unaware that they had this information. Upon reaching the destination, a handler could say a key phrase to the agent, which would bring the split personality to the surface so that at that time the information could be retrieved. If the agent was intercepted enroute to his destination by the enemy, no amount of torture could be used to obtain the information, as the agent would be totally unaware of it.

Thats pretty interesting.

I know this is the off topic thread...
    But what?

Liam,
    The subject is off topic, not out of space! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its Friday, I am overdrawn and am probably not going out this weekend. But on the plus side, I have 4 bottles of Hoegarden, 4 bottles of Schneider Weisse and 10 bottles of Carlsberg at home. The sun is shining, I have a new patio out the back garden. Must say, I do not have it too bad :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Its Friday, I am overdrawn and am probably not going out this weekend. But on the plus side, I have 4 bottles of Hoegarden, 4 bottles of Schneider Weisse and 10 bottles of Carlsberg at home. The sun is shining, I have a new patio out the back garden. Must say, I do not have it too bad :)

I'm off out to Bruxelles tomorrow night for a few! Was supposed to be going last saturday but poisoned myself on the JD and Coke, other than i'll be taking it easy as i'm saving most of my money for the following weekend. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Bruxelles? If you means Brussels, great place. Uck, the following wknd is my missus' birthday.

gimmick wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is Bruxelles? If you means Brussels, great place. Uck, the following wknd is my missus' birthday.

It's a late rock/metal bar on Harry St, in Dublin.
    Think of it as Fred Zeppelins, with people in it! :D

Used to be a regular haunt for me years ago, and i've started to frequent it again. :)

Freds is usually busy isn't it? Seems that way anytime I pass it anyway. Not been in there in about 10 years. Not really my scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It's a late rock/metal bar on Harry St, in Dublin.
    Think of it as Fred Zeppelins, with people in it! :D

Used to be a regular haunt for me years ago, and i've started to frequent it again. :)

Of course it's gonna be less busy on a Wednesday :p

• Advertisement

Of course it's gonna be less busy on a Wednesday :p

Forgot it was a wednesday night we were there. I was also fairly drunk that night too.

Aaah fun times. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement