Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Forgot it was a wednesday night we were there. I was also fairly drunk that night too.

Aaah fun times. :D

Indeed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was looking at some of the recent bans here and that had me thinking of the long lost but never forgotten KentonBomb. Then I remember probably the greatest poster in internet wrestling forum history from the IWW forum - "Hello Sir". The poor fúcker could not last more than a day or two without being banned, and it was mostly for idiocy. Poor kid. Think he was only about 13 or so at the time.

Some good posters there as well who never came over here and 'established' themselves. Shame that.

Thumbs up to "hello sir"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    greatest poster in internet wrestling forum history from the IWW forum - "Hello Sir". The poor fúcker could not last more than a day or two without being banned, and it was mostly for idiocy. Poor kid. Think he was only about 13 or so at the time.

Some good posters there as well who never came over here and 'established' themselves. Shame that.

Thumbs up to "hello sir"

Wasn't that Jimmy Jailbait Jailbreak?!

IWW had some comical ones, the various incarnations of hello sir, Jimmy Jailbait, Jimmy The Packer, Hellbilly, my god, too many to mention.

Thought Jimmy Jailbreak was some older dude from Waterford? If I remember rightly hello sir totally set off sasr everytime

Thought Jimmy Jailbreak was some older dude from Waterford? If I remember rightly hello sir totally set off sasr everytime

Nah, that was Jimmy The Packer! Jimmy Jailbait was a dude from Limerick i think that wanted to go to the Waterford shows. Woody was supposed to give him a lift.

Hah, woody (SuperWoody101 here, posts more on MMA these days), he got some abuse there too. :)

• Advertisement

Woody did? I can never remeber anyone giving him grief.

Haha, Jimmy The Packer. I remember him now. He made me laugh. Alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I find it funny that Rovert has joined the IWW forums but he wont come back and post here.

Woody did? I can never remeber anyone giving him grief.

You must have arrived too late. ;)
    Haha, Jimmy The Packer. I remember him now. He made me laugh. Alot.

I think i remember once reading that pingu_girl was going to get him either a book or a mic from the early learning centre from him.

Don't think it happened in the end though.

I find it funny that Rovert has joined the IWW forums but he wont come back and post here.

He doesn't feel that he has to, most of the guys he talks to from here, he catches on the F4W forums. I still talk to him from time to time either via PM or in Rock & Metal.

While on the topic of the Iww forums, i think my name was Chris182, or something to that effect.

Was a good forum that, bloody annoying when the online terrorists kept taking it over.

• Advertisement

While on the topic of the Iww forums, i think my name was Chris182, or something to that effect.

Was a good forum that, bloody annoying when the online terrorists kept taking it over.

I left after it got hacked twice in one week. That's kinda when i came back here after a three year absence.

It was an odd forum. It had bursts of decent threads and all, then there would be nothing for a week. I think what finished it off for eevryone was after the 2nd hack, it was down for about 8 weeks, them one of the reps came on here calling it "a high profile forum". Shame, as it was fun. A good few here used post there as well.

Its quite a representation of what Iww done to irish wrestling as a whole.

Everybody was all over it like a rash, had nothing but good things to say about it, really pushed forward.

Time of absence and a lack of contribution by anyone in the Iww "office", then the posters got bored of hanging about and moved onto other places, and thus left Iww to slowly dwindle away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It was an odd forum. It had bursts of decent threads and all, then there would be nothing for a week. I think what finished it off for eevryone was after the 2nd hack, it was down for about 8 weeks, them one of the reps came on here calling it "a high profile forum". Shame, as it was fun. A good few here used post there as well.

Back in the glory days it was great craic, more about the banter than anything else. Then around the time of the hackings it fell apart completely, the regulars dropped away and the quality of poeter deteriorated rapidly. Then followed my last run on that place, otherwise known as the "flahavaj reign of terror." If you have a quiet half hour and do a search on the current incarnation of the board of all my posts, man oh man I was a grumpy c*nt in those days.:pac:

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Nah, that was Jimmy The Packer! Jimmy Jailbait was a dude from Limerick i think that wanted to go to the Waterford shows. Woody was supposed to give him a lift.

Hah, woody (SuperWoody101 here, posts more on MMA these days), he got some abuse there too. :)

NOT a racist.:pac:;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    man oh man I was a grumpy c*nt in those days.:pac:

In those days? FFS, mention the term IWW is enough to set you off on one it seems :D

In those days? FFS, mention the term IWW is enough to set you off on one it seems :D

Haha says himself!:pac: The grumpiest man on the internet!

Ha, thats merely a myth propagated by the dublin influence on boards.ie

Ha, thats merely a myth propagated by the dublin influence on boards.ie

No, that's based on the several rants, moans and complaints by you over the course of the last four years alone! ;)

No don't thank me, i'm not telling you anything you don't already know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

lol its an old un but a good un

Jimmy the packer is the one from Waterford theres videos of him on youtube singing Spancil hill and on mad rants about things,I saw em one day, I laughed.

In other news the new Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Bites Nuts & Caramel , dont waste your money lads, Simply Vile.

• Advertisement

Woody & Orlando Jordan = One Love For All! :D

Lady gaga is on Jonathan Ross :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

she's a bit strange lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No thanks, I'd rather not get mouth diarrhoea.

amacachi wrote: »
    No thanks, I'd rather not get mouth diarrhoea.

Your on about wossi im guessing?

Your on about wossi im guessing?

Nah I'd just puke uncontrollably if I see that GaGa thing.

amacachi wrote: »
    Nah I'd just puke uncontrollably if I see that GaGa thing.

:eek:
    Blasphemy!

:eek:
    Blasphemy!

Stolen from AH, her before and after she has her makeup done:

monkey_13087_51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Christy Moore > Lady Gaga.

• Advertisement