Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Christy Moore > Lady Gaga.

Ah in fairness, they have on thing in common. A cock.

Easily my favourite rumour of 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This was one of the best Yahoo questions (and answers) i've read in a while:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090115172500AADEFw6

Purely because you know the eldest person who responded is about 12. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Good christ, if Lady Gaga isnt the prfect of example of **** singers with studio produced albums I dont know what is, cant stand these ringtone acts theses days, the fact shes an egotistical mentalist is just another reason to hate her/him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

krudler wrote: »
    Good christ, if Lady Gaga isnt the prfect of example of **** singers with studio produced albums I dont know what is, cant stand these ringtone acts theses days, the fact shes an egotistical mentalist is just another reason to hate her/him

Hardly fair, he writes her own songs which means alot considering the type of act that he is. As for egotistical mentalist, as a wrestling fan you should know better, it's a gimmick to get attention. Do you think he'd have a number one album if he didn't dress like a slut (and tuck his cock in) no, of course not. Like saying you hate Goldust because he's an egotistical maniac. I hate him because his songs for the most part are simplistic and ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Any idea where that whole rumour got started? Other than the general hideousness of her. My favorite internet thing of the year so far too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This was one of the best Yahoo questions (and answers) i've read in a while:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090115172500AADEFw6

Purely because you know the eldest person who responded is about 12. :pac:

Brilliant...... 'no... she is a LADY. hense the name...' only a kid could think lady has to be literal.

I must be getting old, i hadn't a clue who lady gaga was till 10 mins ago. Thats what i get for listening to newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Brilliant...... 'no... she is a LADY. hense the name...' only a kid could think lady has to be literal.

I must be getting old, i hadn't a clue who lady gaga was till 10 mins ago. Thats what i get for listening to newstalk.
    Neither did I, I'm proud to say. Still don't really.

Jesus Christy was immense on the Late Late. Tears in me eyes, meself and flahavaj senior all emotional and awkward watchin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

flahavaj wrote: »

Jesus Christy was immense on the Late Late. Tears in me eyes, meself and flahavaj senior all emotional and awkward watchin it.

I didn't quite get to tears but I got goosebumps listening to his Ordinary Man rendition. He's a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

amacachi wrote: »
    Any idea where that whole rumour got started? Other than the general hideousness of her. My favorite internet thing of the year so far too.

It all started with Christina aguilera, basically gaga wrote pretty much all of britneys hits as well as most of her latest album.
    And because of the big rivalry between aguilera and britney, christina basically said in interviews that gaga was a man, and she seen his c*** in a dressing room once. And told her fans not to bother liking her.

And thus, even before gaga had her album released the media was all over what was said and the rest, as they say, is history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I didn't quite get to tears but I got goosebumps listening to his Ordinary Man rendition. He's a one off.

National treasure. He fair belted it out. The line in the Ruby Walsh song about "Brazilian Crewcuts" had me and senior in stitches as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

flahavaj wrote: »
    Neither did I, I'm proud to say. Still don't really.

Phew, i was lying about knowing her now. thought i was only one who doesn't know who she is, i still don't really know. On sunday (I think) the top 40 (i think) was on the radio in the car and they announced lady gaga, i thought oh great another cr@p r&b american crew and switched back to newstalk.

Christy is class, i better catch the replay, didn't know he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Christy Moore > Lady Gaga.

They both suck, either way, only Christy Moore probably sweats less while doing so!
    Seriously though, is Christy Moore some culchie passion that us city guys don't get?!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Seriously though, is Christy Moore some culchie passion that us city guys don't get?!

Must be.

For those who have 800 Microsoft Points spare for the 360, do get your hands on Outrun Arcade online.

It's a redux of the classic 80s driving game, in high def with full multiplayer options.
    And unlike the xbox 1 version, this one is bug free. :D

1239304497.jpg

Loved it in 1987, love it in 2009 :D

I have the points but I haven't got Gold membership at the moment so I think I'll give it a miss for now. Really wish I didn't have to stay up for the Formula 1 tonight. :P

I have the points but I haven't got Gold membership at the moment so I think I'll give it a miss for now. Really wish I didn't have to stay up for the Formula 1 tonight. :P

Yeah, because you're being forced at gunpoint to do so. You sound as bad as a soccer fan. Seriously, our college class was moved to Wednesday last week because Monday was a bank holiday and half didn't turn up because of a soccer match.

DVD recorder and ignore the world til it's finished. :)

Yeah, because you're being forced at gunpoint to do so. You sound as bad as a soccer fan. Seriously, our college class was moved to Wednesday last week because Monday was a bank holiday and half didn't turn up because of a soccer match.

DVD recorder and ignore the world til it's finished. :)

I know I'm not being forced to do it, I thought the emoticon would show I was being somewhat sarcastic.

I hope you kicked whoever made that decision square between the legs.

I hope you kicked whoever made that decision square between the legs.

Not seen em yet, when they're screwed come closer to exam time, that'll be enough of a kicking. :D

I actually just splashed out and bought The Lost And Damned for GTA IV. A major factor in me buying it is the "Gang Burrito" van. It's a gang van in the game with a spoiler that looks similar to the A-Team's van. I used cheats to spawn is straight away when I turned on TLAD. I enjoyed spinning around for a while before I went into multiplayer online and decided to spin around in my new-found A-Teamness.

I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment when I found out that van isn't available online, and there's nothing i can do to get it. I mean really. What's the point in making a DLC pack for a game, putting about five new vehicles in it, and only letting half of them be used online?!

Idiotic Rockstar crap. I wish they'd just release a vehicle pack for online gameplay, or even a new program you can install onto your hard drive where you can put your own designs on cars in the game and upload them to free roam or something (so you could drive the actual GMC A-Team Van or other cars like the ones in starsky and hutch, knight rider, smokey and the bandit, etc. etc.)

For someone like myself (no interest in the missions, just plays the game to spin around and have a laugh) The Lost And Damned is a horrible waste of money. :(

I'm sorry KKV, but you knew what you were getting before forking out, in fairness.
    I'm actually enjoying TLAD, but then, i do actually play it for the storylines and the missions. If i want to do pointless driving around, i'll get Need For Speed or some other driftastic boyracer[/b]car entheusiastic (sp?) sh*t like it.

• Advertisement

I partly knew.

Considering the van was shown off in magazines and online constantly in the run-up to its release, i assumed it would at least have been available in Free Roam online. I still don't see any reason why it isn't. From now on i'm really gonna have to read into everything Rockstar do with GTA's DLC. I noticed they also included a nice tow truck, but never mentioned the fact that, unlike San Andreas, you can't actually tow anything, and may aswell just be driving any other truck.

The reasons I liked GTA was because of the silly novelty things that could be done with some cars. But in IV there's a lot missing. I thought being able to move the forks on the forklift (to try lifting cars, etc.) being able to connect trucks and trailers, having a parashoot from the helicopter and other things (lots of stuff that was present in San Andreas) would be in the game from the start, and considering they're not huge things, I'd have thought they'd add them in DLC packs randomly, but it doesn't seem that's the plan.

I imagine they'll keep small novelty stuff like that for the next game release. GTA IVice City, perhaps?

Spend a tenner and buy Just Cause instead, it sounds more up your alley to be honest.

I can't wait for a Vice City version of GTA IV, it will be absolutely awesome. But it needs to stay in the 80s, and I can't see that happening. They'll have it moved to either very late 80s or early 90s.

Which means the soundtrack will blow.

What's Just Cause all about? I did a Google image search and it looks pretty interesting. I like to be able to pick up a game and just mess around with no real goal or anything to accomplish. The only two games i actually own are IV and SVR09. SVR was played for about three days on and off before it got retired to a dusty shelf. I don't think i played it since.

I reckon the next place they'll do with IV graphics will be Vice City again, but I hope not. As much as i enjoyed Vice City (I thought it was great) i'd much rather they did somewhere new. I'd like to see them do Vegas again though. I'd also like to see them do the 80s again (in any city). Well, actually, no, i'd rather they kept it up to date, but at least included a "retro" radio station with well-known music on it.

I wonder how long it will take until Rockstar team with Google and use google earth to make their cities for the games. Photo-realistic graphics and the likes.

What's Just Cause all about? I did a Google image search and it looks pretty interesting. I like to be able to pick up a game and just mess around with no real goal or anything to accomplish. The only two games i actually own are IV and SVR09. SVR was played for about three days on and off before it got retired to a dusty shelf. I don't think i played it since.

Just Cause is similar to GTA, instead of it in Gangster style, your guy is more of a James bond character, but one of the cool things you can do is jump off a bridge and grab onto a plane. Only ever managed to do it the once myself, but I reckon from what you've told me, that this game is your proverbial wet dream. Never actually finished SVR 09, rented it out but got through about 3/4 of it.
    I reckon the next place they'll do with IV graphics will be Vice City again, but I hope not. As much as i enjoyed Vice City (I thought it was great) i'd much rather they did somewhere new. I'd like to see them do Vegas again though. I'd also like to see them do the 80s again (in any city). Well, actually, no, i'd rather they kept it up to date, but at least included a "retro" radio station with well-known music on it.

Naaaah, the soundtrack made the Vice City series!! Gunning down a bunch of Cholos with 99 Red Balloons on in the background. Awesome stuff. I'd love to see them do London again, it's only been done and that was a 1969 add on for the original GTA in 1998, but it was brilliant![/quote]
    I wonder how long it will take until Rockstar team with Google and use google earth to make their cities for the games. Photo-realistic graphics and the likes.

Next gen consoles probably. I'm thankful, i like SOME animation in my games. :)

Until they can get perfectly photo-realistic graphics on top of perfect physics/gameplay, I'm not interested.

Just finished a 52 minute Forza race there, crashed with three laps to go dropping from a probable 2nd to 6th. Bastard. :(

Well that's certainly endurance racing.

London.. That would be good. Getaway did a decent job of that city. The game was pretty crap though (although i only played the first one). When they first came out, i bought The Getaway, True Crime: Streets of LA and Driv3r and I didn't think any of them were as good as their GTA coutnerparts at the time. Must admit that I did quite enjoy spinning around london in a Police car.

It'd be great if they did ireland. Lots and lots of fields. Oh the possibilities :pac:

If they do another GTA IV (Vice City, for example) they should try and use the internal hard drives that consoles have nowadays, to be able to add Vice City onto Liberty City. Dunno how they'd do it exactly, but im sure they could find a way around it. I wouldn't mind a bit of loading time between the two cities or something like that if it were possible.

Well that's certainly endurance racing.

London.. That would be good. Getaway did a decent job of that city. The game was pretty crap though (although i only played the first one). When they first came out, i bought The Getaway, True Crime: Streets of LA and Driv3r and I didn't think any of them were as good as their GTA coutnerparts at the time. Must admit that I did quite enjoy spinning around london in a Police car.

It'd be great if they did ireland. Lots and lots of fields. Oh the possibilities :pac:

If they do another GTA IV (Vice City, for example) they should try and use the internal hard drives that consoles have nowadays, to be able to add Vice City onto Liberty City. Dunno how they'd do it exactly, but im sure they could find a way around it. I wouldn't mind a bit of loading time between the two cities or something like that if it were possible.

I've done longer, had to do a shortish one to be finished in time for the F1. :P

Agree with you about The Getaway, looked good, poor to play though I thought.

Agree with you about The Getaway, looked good, poor to play though I thought.

I got The Getaway - Black Monday for the PS2 a couple of years back.
    Jesus, that was so poorly executed. It was like being in an episode of the bill.

Sucked as much too.

Jesus, that was so poorly executed. It was like being in an episode of the bill.

Sucked as much too.

I wouldn't know, never been in an episode of the The Bill. :(

Can't wait for Forza 3, I'll make sure I have the steering wheel by then too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Mod edit: Take the wrestling talk to another thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement