Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Mod edit: Take the wrestling talk to another thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Which part of OFF TOPIC do either of you not get? Not to mention the obvious spoilers for those who didn't watch it. Seriously, use the heads!

The spoilers part is also a bannable offence, but because the draft thread has suffered enough, i'm letting you both off with an infraction. Sorry if this comes off as dickish, but this thread has been going on long enough for people to understand that it's the one part of the forum that isn't supposed to have wrestling talk in it.

Or should i just lock it up? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

amacachi wrote: »
    I wouldn't know, never been in an episode of the The Bill. :(

Can't wait for Forza 3, I'll make sure I have the steering wheel by then too. :D

Why not, I thought everyone got to be in the bill;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone played Dead Space? picked it up cheap during the week in Gamestops easily exploited 30 euro trade in offer and got it for free, its so much better than Resident Evil 5 which i tried and wanted to love but the broken mechanics and the fact it adds nothing new to the series just didnt cut it for me, DS on the other hand, is a gem, not to mention one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment when I found out that van isn't available online, and there's nothing i can do to get it. I mean really. What's the point in making a DLC pack for a game, putting about five new vehicles in it, and only letting half of them be used online?!

I could think of worse things to spend 16 euro on when it comes to games.

But yeah, that with gta pissed me off too.

• Advertisement

True enough. But i was in XtraVision a while ago and they had PGR 4 for €10 and PGR 3 for €5. I didn't really recognise many of the other games, but for less than a tenner, PGR 3 is a steal (And same can be said for PGR 4 for a tenner).

Don't know why i didn't buy PGR4 actually. It looks pretty good.

I have 500 MS Points.. they don't expire do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

True enough. But i was in XtraVision a while ago and they had PGR 4 for €10 and PGR 3 for €5. I didn't really recognise many of the other games, but for less than a tenner, PGR 3 is a steal (And same can be said for PGR 4 for a tenner).

Don't know why i didn't buy PGR4 actually. It looks pretty good.

I have 500 MS Points.. they don't expire do they?

PGR4 is ok, a little short and then repetitive for my liking TBH. Graphics are damn good and the physics are excellent. Not proper sim like Forza, but very god nonetheless.

I think the only way MS points expire is if you got them free as part of a promotion.

PGR4 is ok, a little short and then repetitive for my liking TBH. Graphics are damn good and the physics are excellent. Not proper sim like Forza, but very god nonetheless.

I think the only way MS points expire is if you got them free as part of a promotion.

So amacachi, what game would you recommend as an enjoyable racing game?

I keep doing GTA IV online races, and it's pretty good, but very annoying when there's 6 year olds going around backwards, etc. ruining it for people who actually want to paly the game.

You mentioned you were reacing in forza 2 for 52 mins? was that online?

Burnout. In particular Burnout paradise.

Brilliant racing game thats got them crazy moments.

PGR is too real to be fun. Its like the tiger woods games, they are really realistic, but they done usually stray away from all they are, which is a golf game.

With burnout its got a little better life than burnout for you going by the amount of time you spend on GTA.

I keep doing GTA IV online races, and it's pretty good, but very annoying when there's 6 year olds going around backwards, etc. ruining it for people who actually want to paly the game.

You mentioned you were reacing in forza 2 for 52 mins? was that online?

I'm more into Racing Sims rather than arcade-y type racing games, so Forza 2 would be my recommendation. the long races were just against the computer. Unfortunately I've found the online play to be somewhat lacking, though I didn't try all that hard at the time to get into it. There's tournaments which you have to set a qualifying time for then race in heats etc. or quick play in which I couldn't find an obvious option to find a friend to play against. In the quick play there were quite a few gimps just drifting, and seeming to really enjoy it.:confused: I'm putting most of it down to the age of the game, rightly or wrongly.
    Forza 2 wouldn't be to everyone's taste as it has realistic braking and handling, and is pretty damn challenging in a nerdy kind of way, so if you think you'd be into that then I'd definitely recommend picking up a copy and giving it a go. :)
    PGR is too real to be fun. Its like the tiger woods games, they are really realistic, but they done usually stray away from all they are, which is a golf game.

Depends what you're looking for I suppose, but PGR isn't all that realistic in comparison with real driving sims tbh.

• Advertisement

Well i quite like the PGR games. The Kudos thing is pretty cool, although Forza doesn't sound too bad. I wouldn't be looking for something to arcadey though. I enjoy the racing in GTA for the most part, but it's very sloppy a lot of the time (if there are more than 7 or 8 people in a race, at the first turn everyone just drives directly into each other, and so forth) but its a good laugh.

How much does Forza 2 go for these days?

As for Burnout, i really really enjoyed the first one. Second one was good too. After that i kinda lost interest in it. Played Burnout Revenge for a bit but didn't get into it as much as i'd have liked to.

You could pick up a second hand copy for a tenner, new for about twenty. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone you knew with a copy sitting around. Forza 2 is dead hard just to give ya a headsup, I can beat all my mates at it, but I still can't win on Hard:o
    Forza 3 is meant to be out this year, can't wait :)

I just read a review of it. Think it may not quite be what i'm looking for. I'd probably be better off sticking to something a little more arcadey (like PGR) for the time.

I just read a review of it. Think it may not quite be what i'm looking for. I'd probably be better off sticking to something a little more arcadey (like PGR) for the time.

Telling ya KKV, Outrun Online Arcade! If you like arcadey driving games, get this! You'll feel the need.. the need for speed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Hmmmm, I think I have a few xbox points to spend, think I might give Outrun a crack tonight

orestes wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I think I have a few xbox points to spend, think I might give Outrun a crack tonight

It's 800 points and there's a demo available to download which gives you one level to play, once you download the demo, you can purchase it with the points and the rest of the game becomes unlocked.

Worth a shot.

Used to love going into the arcade in town just to play Outrun 2.

The heart attack mode was great but very repetitive and got boring.

I want to get the outrun game.. But 800 points is a lot on a game i would spend a maximum 15 minutes and about 5 euro on to play.

SR, your thoughts?

Anyone else watchin lost? :D

Used to love going into the arcade in town just to play Outrun 2.

The heart attack mode was great but very repetitive and got boring.

I want to get the outrun game.. But 800 points is a lot on a game i would spend a maximum 15 minutes and about 5 euro on to play.

SR, your thoughts?

800 points for the multiplayer action is worth it. People paid nearly twice that much for Street Fighter HD, which in my honest opinion, is more of a throwaway title. But when it comes to games, it's horses for courses.

The arcade mode is challenging enough if you do all five routes, routes D and E will have you going back again until you do it again. Also trying to get better scores and faster laptimes. But if it's not your scene, then it can get boring.

But if you like mindless driving, especially in KKV's case, he'd get a lot more value out of this than he did with The Lost And Damned.

Cos if you think 800 is a lot for Outrun? Imagine how he feels paying 1200 for an A-Team van! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone else watchin lost? :D

Been waiting for a Miles episode for ages, it's deadly so far

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Imagine how he feels paying 1200 for an A-Team van! ;)

1600. :cool:

Notice that rockstar like using the name Jimmy?

Like off the top of my head there isnt many names that have been used more than once by them, and in Bully, which i got a few weeks ago, and the main guy is Jimmy, in IV you have Jimmy Pegorino and then in TLAD, one of Johnnys mates is called Jim, or Jimmy.

I wouldnt say there is any major significance, but it is a little thing i noticed from playing my xbox way too much. :o

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Been waiting for a Miles episode for ages, it's deadly so far

Love the fact that they are just answering the questions of who miles is so effortlessly without causing any more questions, so to speak.

Kate you idiot. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Love the fact that they are just answering the questions of who miles is so effortlessly without causing any more questions, so to speak.

Kate you idiot. :mad:

I love yourman Chang, i knew from the very start he'd be big in the end of it.

Saw that one coming for miles

1600. :cool:

Notice that rockstar like using the name Jimmy?

Like off the top of my head there isnt many names that have been used more than once by them, and in Bully, which i got a few weeks ago, and the main guy is Jimmy, in IV you have Jimmy Pegorino and then in TLAD, one of Johnnys mates is called Jim, or Jimmy.

I wouldnt say there is any major significance, but it is a little thing i noticed from playing my xbox way too much. :o

Forgot it was 1600, i bought 5000 of em at the time of release, got my nick changed, TLAD and a f*ckload of arcade classics that i enjoyed playing as a nipper.

I must get my hands on Bully, i have it for the PS2 but it's quite crude looking!

On another topic, college is really grinding my gears at the minute. I got one project out of the way last tuesday, and now i've an assignment in for next monday, which seems alright, but the problem is i'm out of the country next weekend, which gives me even less time to work on it. So i had to get cracking on it today, to get it done for tomorrow.

That way if i hand it in and it needs altering, i have some time to do so before the weekend.

Ugh, i'm too f*cking old to be a student :o

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I must get my hands on Bully, i have it for the PS2 but it's quite crude looking!

About €15 in xtravision pre owned, which isnt bad considering all the other crap you can get for around that price.

For anyone who watched lost tonight:
    82317_hoth-1_122_883lo.jpg

I just watched The Wrestler. Don't read below if you've yet to see it. It'll ruin it.

I heard that the end of the film was brilliant, so I was naturally let down when it didn't end. Does he die or what's the crack?! Unless i got a very dodgy version of it, he jumps off he ropes, over the camera and cue the credits... What's that all about!? Am I missing something?

EDIT: SR, sorry if that's considered "wrestling talk".

I just watched The Wrestler. Don't read below if you've yet to see it. It'll ruin it.

I heard that the end of the film was brilliant, so I was naturally let down when it didn't end. Does he die or what's the crack?! Unless i got a very dodgy version of it, he jumps off he ropes, over the camera and cue the credits... What's that all about!? Am I missing something?

EDIT: SR, sorry if that's considered "wrestling talk".
    It's called an ambiguous ending. :) Up to you to work out what should happen to him.

It's called an ambiguous ending. :) Up to you to work out what should happen to him.
    Meh. I'd call it a lazy ending. I'd rather watch him die or live happily. They did similar with Rocky Balboa. Hate films that have that kind of ending. I don't understand the point in starting to tell a story if you're not going to finish it.

• Advertisement

Quick question:

Whats the easiest/quickest way to send a load of photos to someone? Most sites like rapidshare, mediafire, etc. only let you upload individual files. Same for yahoo (to the best of my knowledge). Anyone know a way of sending/uploading an entire folder of pictures to someone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement