Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I know a fair few dubs who love christy...

Don't encourage em, man! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Which is why a lot of music that comes out of this wretched country is a joke.

To be fair, you could say that about 25 our of 26 counties in the Republic, cos Kilkinney seem to f*ckin' it ever year! Dubs use a hurley what we use most long things made of wood...

An offensive or defensive weapon! :D

We've the baytins of the cats in the league final this year boy.

Probably not though. I reckon when youngfellas are born in Kilkenny they pop out with a hurley in their hand, the doctor slaps them, then they're brought straight down to u 12's training. They're unreal in fairness to them

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Probably not though. I reckon when youngfellas are born in Kilkenny they pop out with a hurley in their hand, the doctor slaps them, then they're brought straight down to u 12's training. They're unreal in fairness to them

They seem to win it every damn year, now i'm no fan of bogger sports, but anytime i had the misfortune of coming back from Waterford on a night Kilkenny win the All Ireland hurling, i'm stuck trying to get across that bridge in Kilkenny for f*cking ages!

I don't give a sh*t if you won, i've been drinking Jack Daniels all day and i'm now on a bus with no Air Conditioning and i'm really f*cking hungry! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

and don't forget your shovel

:D I laughed, Good one bai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, Lisdoon Lisdoon Lisdoon Lisdoon VARNAAA! Sooo passionate.
    I could bayte him alright. Tie him to a railroad track and bayte him with a bleedin' hurley for hours.

I'd never get tired of that! :D

I loathe Christy Moore, when I worked in HMV a few years ago every time he he had one of his wrist slittingly dreary albums out and all the nana brigade would be in the morning after the inevitable Late Late plugathon asking for "Christys new one" as if they ****ing know the guy cos they get pissed on Paddys every christmas and bang out a few aul tunes by him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Directed at Sunset V:

What were they doing in dublin, did they have a gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Directed at Sunset V:

What were they doing in dublin, did they have a gig?

Can he answer that, because of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977434 ?

Jolt2007 wrote: »

;)

Got ya. I'll take it as a "yes" to my original question so.

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Id like to make a suggestion to the mods if I may.... How about an off topic thread about wresting for stuff that doesn't fit into other threads or need its own thread and is also kept separate from this one?

• Advertisement

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Id like to make a suggestion to the mods if I may.... How about an off topic thread about wresting for stuff that doesn't fit into other threads or need its own thread and is also kept separate from this one?

That was already attempted in the "Wrestling rumours" thread.

Ill try and find it and link it.

Got it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055533950

I remember that but no so much breaking news as off topic wrestling banter where everything goes except spoilers and personal abuse obviously

I remember that but no so much breaking news as off topic wrestling banter where everything goes except spoilers and personal abuse obviously

Make one and see if it picks up steam and im sure if it gains enough momentum SR will sticky it.

We don't need a mods approval for a thread?

Ah I think ill wait to get a green light on it, for fear id get accused of "muppetry most foul" again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

krudler wrote: »
    I loathe Christy Moore, when I worked in HMV a few years ago every time he he had one of his wrist slittingly dreary albums out and all the nana brigade would be in the morning after the inevitable Late Late plugathon asking for "Christys new one" as if they ****ing know the guy cos they get pissed on Paddys every christmas and bang out a few aul tunes by him

Ever sing Ride On when you're demented? Some job boy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Like him or not, he did write the greatest football song of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ever sing Ride On when you're demented? Some job boy

I always said you were a man of impeccable taste Ger bah.:D

The PW forum works this way.
    It's Pro Wrestling, make a thread, if discussion takes place, great. But a clique of four or five mates crack in jokes which aren't really all that funny, it gets binned.

For anything NOT wrestling related, it goes in here!
    End of.

Quick question for anyone with Lost and Damned.

After i downloaded it, every time i turned on GTA IV, it'd give me a screen saying "Lost and Damned has been downloaded, would you like to play it". I'd pick yes. After three or four times of this, it stops giving me that message and instead just loads TLAD automatically.

However, i want to play regular Pre-TLAD online racing. How do i turn the game on and NOT play TLAD? (It seems 97% of races online in TLAD are on bikes, which is annoying).

Anyone got any idea?

Quick question for anyone with Lost and Damned.

After i downloaded it, every time i turned on GTA IV, it'd give me a screen saying "Lost and Damned has been downloaded, would you like to play it". I'd pick yes. After three or four times of this, it stops giving me that message and instead just loads TLAD automatically.

However, i want to play regular Pre-TLAD online racing. How do i turn the game on and NOT play TLAD? (It seems 97% of races online in TLAD are on bikes, which is annoying).

Anyone got any idea?

Go into TLAD game and then when the game starts go to "Game>Load" and load up your normal gta iv game.

Time consuming but its the only way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Right, I want to ditch my landline as it is costing too much money, but want broadband at home. I used have the o2 hub dealy, but it was beyond useless. Anyone have an o2/vodafone/meteor/3 hub now and have they improved any? And what are the download allowances? I think the meteor allowance is 5gb a month which is pretty poor.

Cheers CBG. I'll check it out when i get home.
    gimmick wrote: »
    Right, I want to ditch my landline as it is costing too much money, but want broadband at home. I used have the o2 hub dealy, but it was beyond useless. Anyone have an o2/vodafone/meteor/3 hub now and have they improved any? And what are the download allowances? I think the meteor allowance is 5gb a month which is pretty poor.

Other side of the country here, but a friend of mine has 3 and says they're not too bad.

Have you considered Irish Broadband? I've got them and think they're excellent (no download limit, either).

Go into TLAD game and then when the game starts go to "Game>Load" and load up your normal gta iv game.

Time consuming but its the only way. :)

Cheers for this, Was actually wondering myself as I might do the story mode on GTA IV again once i'm done with TLAD.

That said, i still have the PS3 version to go through too. :)

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

Anybody else going? I am :D

Seriously what a line up

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

Anybody else going? I am :D

Seriously what a line up

That lineup, although it has something for everyone, pales in comparison to Hellfest in France. Something i would love to go to if other plans weren't getting in the way this year.

http://www.hellfest.fr/web08/accueil.php?langue=english

Now THAT is a lineup :D

That lineup, although it has something for everyone, pales in comparison to Hellfest in France. Something i would love to go to if other plans weren't getting in the way this year.

http://www.hellfest.fr/web08/accueil.php?langue=english

Now THAT is a lineup :D

Its day-cent enough alright , Id love to see KMFDM and Suicidal tendencies there out of the bands not doing download.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gimmick wrote: »

Not sure how helpful this will be. I have 3 mobile, its 15gb and 19.99 a month. You can get a 6 month contarct if your willing to buy the modem, its 18 months to get it free.

Its pretty good ,can be slow between 8and10 mon to thursday but rest of time its usually fine. I never had landline internet broadband so i have nothing to compare with. Best way to sum it up is, this is a mobile internet connection, you can look at as much as you like most of the time but downloading can be slow. Depends what you want fom your access.

Its day-cent enough alright

Seriously, can yourself, flahavaj and others write the proper english please? The "day-cent, arra, and aight bah" novelty wore off weeks ago.

I grew up in Finglas, but you don't read my statements such as
    "Eeeeeh yeah, so righ, was watchin' smackdown, righ? And i couldn' believe i' righ? Jeff Haaaaaaaardy did the swaaaaanton, righ?"

You know what I mean.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Seriously, can yourself, flahavaj and others write the proper english please? The "day-cent, arra, and aight bah" novelty wore off weeks ago.

Thanks.

Yeah you should Write the proper english

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Yeah you should Write the proper english

Well i don't speak-type, don't know about you! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement