Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Seriously, can yourself, flahavaj and others write the proper english please? The "day-cent, arra, and aight bah" novelty wore off weeks ago.

I grew up in Finglas, but you don't read my statements such as
    "Eeeeeh yeah, so righ, was watchin' smackdown, righ? And i couldn' believe i' righ? Jeff Haaaaaaaardy did the swaaaaanton, righ?"

You know what I mean.
    Thanks.

I would say you can count on one hand the amount of times I've posted phrases such as that on here in over 1100 posts. But, no bother, it'll stop.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

flahavaj wrote: »
    I would say you can count on one hand the amount of times I've posted phrases such as that on here in over 1100 posts.

If that hand spent six hours in nuclear waste maybe! ;)
    If it was the occasional post, it wouldn't be too bad, but when it's in nearly every post (and for some people it is), it pretty much falls under the "annoying as txt spk" rule.

What comes across as funny over voice, does not come across funny on screen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If that hand spent six hours in nuclear waste maybe! ;)
    If it was the occasional post, it wouldn't be too bad, but when it's in nearly every post (and for some people it is), it pretty much falls under the "annoying as txt spk" rule.

What comes across as funny over voice, does not come across funny on screen. :)

As I said, its a very very occasional indulgence but it won't happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

No bother, I hadn't an Iota it was causing a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand thats 500.

go me. goodnight.

• Advertisement

500? :D
    Aw bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

500? :D
    Aw bless!

500 is a big one because you get an extra star. Remember back when I was a boards nipper I viewed it as a milestone and as a stage when people would take less pops at you because of the extra star.

Turns out I was wrong and the only way for that to happen is to become a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

pingu_girl wrote: »
    http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

Anybody else going? I am :D

Seriously what a line up

Awwwww

Korn, Killswitch AND Bizkit on the same day....
    i think..

Donington is calling me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Awwwww

i think..

Donington is calling me :D

Good man yourself!! The faith no more/motley crue clash is a bit of a dose, would love to see them both. I think the crue will win this battle though

i think..
    Yep Friday Its going to be brilliant, ill probably be half dead after Staind let alone after Limp bizkit who Ive been waiting almost 10 years to see play live. Download is one of the most friendly places Ive ever been and the festival is run very well, id definitely recommend it .

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Good man yourself!! The faith no more/motley crue clash is a bit of a dose, would love to see them both. I think the crue will win this battle though

If its the same lay out as last year you could easily see a bit of both that's what I'm planning on doing if i'm still breathing ,

But anyways you should be more concerned about seeing the lovely Aaron Lewis for the first time, as I know you've got a thing for Passionate , overweight, bald, guitar playing men with beautiful voices.

• Advertisement

Yep Friday Its going to be brilliant, ill probably be half dead after Staind let alone after Limp bizkit who Ive been waiting almost 10 years to see play live. Download is one of the most friendly places Ive ever been and the festival is run very well, id definitely recommend it .

Wait, dam, Another self admitted Bizkit fan?

I thought we had all died out, or it was a myth or something. :o

Thats pretty much all i'd go for to be honest, them 3 bands, ive seen everyone else on the line up that i really wanna see.

On a side note:
    I remember i had tickets to their (LB) show ..once... Wait, im just after realising if i say any more i could be banned...

So yeah, i was going to go, except i woulda been underage.

I had tickets to a limp bizkit gig too many years ago I was also underage and too young to travel to where the gig was on on my own so the mammy was going to bring me :o Bless

Bubs101 wrote: »
    500 is a big one because you get an extra star. Remember back when I was a boards nipper I viewed it as a milestone and as a stage when people would take less pops at you because of the extra star.

Turns out I was wrong and the only way for that to happen is to become a mod

Strange about misconceptions isn't it? I used to think moderators could change their avatar and tagline too. I only discovered that was a subscribers feature last year. I was always an avatar meddler on discussion forums. The 50 squid a year is enough to keep me happy for that alone. :D

Shawn, what's the buzz with the new location? It's very provocative and false

Folks, being a moderator isn't all it's cracked up to be, for all the perks, there are pitfalls too.

My biggest pitfall when I got the job, was the fact that i had to take this guy off my ignore list. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yep, sitewide trolling I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If its the same lay out as last year you could easily see a bit of both that's what I'm planning on doing if i'm still breathing ,

But anyways you should be more concerned about seeing the lovely Aaron Lewis for the first time, as I know you've got a thing for Passionate , overweight, bald, guitar playing men with beautiful voices.

Is nu-metal still banging about? I admit I listened to limp bizkit....10 years ago, I was young and didnt know any better:(

amacachi wrote: »
    Yep, sitewide trolling I think.

Take it to feedback, folks. :D

krudler wrote: »
    Is nu-metal still banging about? I admit I listened to limp bizkit....10 years ago, I was young and didnt know any better:(

Fraid so, Static-X made a comeback the other year, much to my dismay. Wikipedia has the balls to put them under the category of Industrial Metal. Felt like puking up, almost as bad as when NME lumped Paramore into a goth category once.

But then NME never did know their arse from their elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fraid so, Static-X made a comeback the other year, much to my dismay. Wikipedia has the balls to put them under the category of Industrial Metal.
    That's just stupid.
    Felt like puking up, almost as bad as when NME lumped Paramore into a goth category once.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

• Advertisement

Fraid so, Static-X made a comeback the other year, much to my dismay. Wikipedia has the balls to put them under the category of Industrial Metal. Felt like puking up, almost as bad as when NME lumped Paramore into a goth category once.

Id say toilet breaks were hard then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Probably because they were so far up their own arse they found them indistinguishable, there's a free cloud of pretentiousness with every issue

krudler wrote: »
    Probably because they were so far up their own arse they found them indistinguishable, there's a free cloud of pretentiousness with every issue

It's always been with those guys. Hell, if you get a copy of Sisters Of Mercy' "Some Girls Wander by Mistake", read the final credit written by Eldritch, i think it was in 1992 when he wrote the notes for it. It reads

Thank you to yada yada yada and then
    "... and no thanks to NME"

He had many disagreements with that rag dating back to the mid 80s!

Id say toilet breaks were hard then.

Nowhere near as bad as having to listen to Papa Roach at the beginning of a certain Monday Night Program.

I tune in late for a reason. :D

Static-x never went away only there guitarist trip did for getting with some underage girl from the Internet pretending to be a 17 year old impersonator of himself! Quite disturbing and sick.

They've had an album every second year since 1999 and for your information there self proclaimed genre is "Evil disco" haha

They've had an album every second year since 1999 and for your information there self proclaimed genre is "Evil disco" haha

Too bad few people gave a f*ck about em! :pac:wacka! wacka! wacka!

Folks, being a moderator isn't all it's cracked up to be, for all the perks, there are pitfalls too.

My biggest pitfall when I got the job, was the fact that i had to take this guy off my ignore list. :(

What are the perks out of curiosity?

And in all fairness did you not expect to get some sort of a response to such a location? No need to get so snappy shaun.

Up the premier

What are the perks out of curiosity?

And in all fairness did you not expect to get some sort of a response to such a location? No need to get so snappy shaun.

Up the premier

Who's getting snappy?
    And no, i didn't expect to get any response out of a location, as it's only an internet forum at the end of the day.

Now quit trying to be a troll Ger, you've been testing my patience with some of your comments in the last couple of weeks and patience is something i'm beginning to wear thin of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

NME are alright in my book, they are the only media outlet that give Oasis the respect these days.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol, i never saw the yellow card icon thinggy before!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement