Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Gotta get in there quicker than that, Dangermice. :P

Cool, i like what you did there.

I'm not sure how you get more drink into a thicker glass, would there not be less volume?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Cool, i like what you did there.

I'm not sure how you get more drink into a thicker glass, would there not be less volume?

Thicker glass is bad phrasing on my part, apologies. I meant WIDER glass. :D
    The glass is wider, more alcohol is poured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

pingu_girl wrote: »
    You hardly drink 6 litres of cider before you go out?

I'd be a fan of pear cider ona hot day with ice only the 1 or 2 mind there very sweet.

well no... but six pints isnt really enough. Probably get 2/3rds hrough the second bottle?

by out I mean skipping the expensive middle man of the pub and going straight to club.

Thicker glass is bad phrasing on my part, apologies. I meant WIDER glass. :D
    The glass is wider, more alcohol is poured.

Ah yes, now i see. I remembered thick glasses from before but thought i was remembering thick when it had to be thin.

Wide glasses are your enemy..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So with all the "cut backs" people going on about has it affected anyone that greatly in the PW forum?

• Advertisement

So with all the "cut backs" people going on about has it affected anyone that greatly in the PW forum?

I generally don't drink that often, a €25 bottle of jack daniels tends to last me a month or so! Unless i'm out or at a house party and someone with a fat wallet is pouring the bottle down my throat. So 25 beans a month isn't that bad considering a lot of people spend three times that on one night!

I reckon i'm doing good. :)

Do you intend to say if its affected you?

I'm cheap, i have a job, no loans, don't drink, don't smoke and no kids so NOPE. I do have outgoings but they were always a good bit less than my income so i'm lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

well no... but six pints isnt really enough. Probably get 2/3rds hrough the second bottle?

by out I mean skipping the expensive middle man of the pub and going straight to club.

Even so thats still a lot, then again when i was 19 I could drink a fair bit more than I can now 3 years on.

I'm cheap, i have a job, no loans, don't drink, don't smoke and no kids so NOPE. I do have outgoings but they were always a good bit less than my income so i'm lucky.

Only debt i have is my mortgage, and it's as cheap as (non student accomodation) rent is at the minute for the area that I'm in, I don't smoke and don't actually head out that often, Once a week to get shot of the cabin fever, and on top of that, i've no kids demanding high upkeep.

Being in my 30s though folks, I got all that out of my system whereas a lot of you guys are still only getting it in! ;), I took one thing from my early years, which was the reason we're escaping from in OTB, and it's a pretty big thing. I don't do holidays that often, so the cutbacks, while they're hitting me, they're not hitting me as hard as they're hitting other people in the country. But i kept a bit aside because the news was coming from as far as two years ago when companies started pulling jobs and fleeing out of the country. (Hrm, funny feeling i've said this before...)

So while i'm definitely not as well off as I was eight months ago, i'm not exactly in the poor house... yet, but Mr Cowen might have his way yet when Decembers budget comes in.

Indeed i do. :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Have a small job going but will be claiming dole soon, dont drink, dont smoke, no drugs, (ha, i was sXe before i knew it existed) and all i really pay is my keep and internet.

BUT, i do have a girlfriend so that takes most of it. :p

• Advertisement

Lara Croft on the Xbox 360 does not count, sorry to dash your hopes. ;)

Lara Croft on the Xbox 360 does not count, sorry to dash your hopes. ;)

Now now.

Thats touching on getting personal shawn :P

And anyway...

I cant stand the TR games.

Now now.

Thats touching on getting personal shawn :P

And anyway...

I cant stand the TR games.

I can understand why you got offended then, my bad. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

will be claiming dole soon, dont drink, dont smoke, no drugs
    Loser.

See? :P

Can't say the cutbacks have affected me too badly, drink feck all, might spend 20 or 30 quid once or twice a month. Smoke maybe 4 boxes of fags a week, will be buying up north soon enough. Live with the parents so bills and that are handy enough. Paying back a loan which is taking up about a third of what I get on the dole which is a pain. I have to say that alienating pretty much everyone I was friends with in the last few months has left me able to almost save up enough for a telly. :P

Only debt i have is my mortgage, and it's as cheap as (non student accomodation) rent is at the minute for the area that I'm in, I don't smoke and don't actually head out that often, Once a week to get shot of the cabin fever, and on top of that, i've no kids demanding high upkeep.

Being in my 30s though folks, I got all that out of my system whereas a lot of you guys are still only getting it in! ;), I took one thing from my early years, which was the reason we're escaping from in OTB, and it's a pretty big thing. I don't do holidays that often, so the cutbacks, while they're hitting me, they're not hitting me as hard as they're hitting other people in the country. But i kept a bit aside because the news was coming from as far as two years ago when companies started pulling jobs and fleeing out of the country. (Hrm, funny feeling i've said this before...)

So while i'm definitely not as well off as I was eight months ago, i'm not exactly in the poor house... yet, but Mr Cowen might have his way yet when Decembers budget comes in.

In bold sound similar to me.

I am cheap though. I keep getting told this story bout myself... When i was eight (16year ago) my uncle gave me and my cousins a pound each. Its not as generous as it sounds as he owned his own shop where we would be spending it. My uncle went off for a few mins and when he came back, all the other kids got sweets but i had none. Uncle: Danger did you not buy anything? Danger: No i don't spend pounds i save them, Poor uncle had to give me 50p to buy sweets:p

Indeed i do. :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Have a small job going but will be claiming dole soon, dont drink, dont smoke, no drugs, (ha, i was sXe before i knew it existed) and all i really pay is my keep and internet.

Tough break fella.

In bold sound similar to me.

I am cheap though. I keep getting told this story bout myself... When i was eight (16year ago) my uncle gave me and my cousins a pound each. Its not as generous as it sounds as he owned his own shop where we would be spending it. My uncle went off for a few mins and when he came back, all the other kids got sweets but i had none. Uncle: Danger did you not buy anything? Danger: No i don't spend pounds i save them, Poor uncle had to give me 50p to buy sweets:p

I wouldn't say I'm cheap, i bought everything under the sun when I had the money and times were good. These things are now keeping me sane and i'm now appreciating them because i can use them, because i had zero time to do so when I got them. :)

Tough break fella.

Well i mean i've had my hours reduced and now down to 3 days a week, so i am eligible for the supplementary dole.

Should start getting it soon enough now.

amacachi wrote: »
    Loser.

See? :P

i'm confused now...

I wouldn't say I'm cheap, i bought everything under the sun when I had the money and times were good. These things are now keeping me sane and i'm now appreciating them because i can use them, because i had zero time to do so when I got them. :)

If i said you were cheap i didn't mean to.

When i first started working i spent most of my wages (Was just on basic pay in tesco) but after a year or so i moved to a temporary job for experience and it was for only three months, when that finished i had no job for 6 months so i was more careful after that.

• Advertisement

If i said you were cheap i didn't mean to.

When i first started working i spent most of my wages (Was just on basic pay in tesco) but after a year or so i moved to a temporary job for experience and it was for only three months, when that finished i had no job for 6 months so i was more careful after that.

Ah no, i didn't think you were insinuating that for a second. But when i first drew the dole, it was something like £60IR in 1994, so you learned how to save your money then. I just got some nice sh*t while I had the chance, and i've zero regrets on it. At least i've something to show for it as opposed to a few photos of the 4 holidays a year I could have taken.

i'm confused now...

Jokingly calling you a loser for being/going on the dole then the fact that you have a girlfriend to back it up.

Ah no, i didn't think you were insinuating that for a second. But when i first drew the dole, it was something like £60IR in 1994, so you learned how to save your money then. I just got some nice sh*t while I had the chance, and i've zero regrets on it. At least i've something to show for it as opposed to a few photos of the 4 holidays a year I could have taken.

The whole 4 holiday and a holiday home in turkey/Spain etc thing annoyed me. I have gone on holiday twice in the last three years and refused to pay more than 350. Only went coz the missus wanted to go.

The thing that annoyed/annoys me most were/are the 4x4s with no muck on them. On thursday i was in the city centre (Obvious reasons) there was a WHITE spotlessly clean range rover creeping along the quays. Daft.

EDIT:Excuse my rant but the 4x4 was WHITE, that aint cool

Sarcasm has lost it's place in the new millennium when one Louth guy can't get another Louth guy's humour. :)

The whole 4 holiday and a holiday home in turkey/Spain etc thing annoyed me. I have gone on holiday twice in the last three years and refused to pay more than 350. Only went coz the missus wanted to go.

Try twice in 10 years, that's how strongly I feel against it. I don't see the point in it. I go for long standing things, if i'm gonna fork out my cash, i want something to last for it. Just how i was brought up though
    The thing that annoyed/annoys me most were/are the 4x4s with no muck on them. On thursday i was in the city centre (Obvious reasons) there was a WHITE spotlessly clean range rover creeping along the quays. Daft.

We'll be seeing less and less of those ugly-ass things in weeks to come, and i'm smiling as i type that. :)

Sarcasm has lost it's place in the new millennium when one Louth guy can't get another Louth guy's humour. :)

Its not a case of the county,

He's from dundalk and the nearest town in relation to me is drogheda.

Now, even though i spent time living and attending school up there, and used to do the shopping there because the closest aldi is in the town,
    I still dont get some of the jokes! :p

Its not a case of the county,

He's from dundalk and the nearest town in relation to me is drogheda.

Louth is Louth, stixville! ;)

Should be 200% tax on cars over a certain size which aren't being used in agriculture.
    Try twice in 10 years, that's how strongly I feel against it. I don't see the point in it. I go for long standing things, if i'm gonna fork out my cash, i want something to last for it. Just how i was brought up though
    I can see the reasoning for both tbh. I got away twice last year on the cheap and am hoping for once this year. It's nice to have stuff too though. :P Different strokes and all that, just about what balance ya prefer. Unless you're someone who's never gonna be happy with what they have.:P
    Louth is Louth, stixville! ;)
    Hey! Don't be at that!

We'll be seeing less and less of those ugly-ass things in weeks to come, and i'm smiling as i type that. :)

This might be my evil side coming out... thats not 100% true, in many cases people who bought them will find they can't trade them in and can't sell them... they are stuck with them!:D

• Advertisement

This might be my evil side coming out... thats not 100% true, in many cases people who bought them will find they can't trade them in and can't sell them... they are stuck with them!:D
    If you find someone tell them to give me a shout, 400 quid, take it or leave it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement