Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

There was one... 5 months and 9 days ago (no prizes for guessing why I have to remember that date hence forth)

Oh dear, who's the poor victim lucky person? :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Ah right yeah. Too much of anything gets old quick. What I meant was more the people who have to have stuff for the sake of it. HAVE to get the latest games console, new games, musical instruments etc. etc., even if they rarely if ever use them. And whatever they don't have they want want want.

I've never been that way really. I'll buy a game only when i run out of or finish my existing games, same with Consoles. I'll milk them right down til the last drop.
    amacachi wrote: »
    I just meant in terms of inward investment etc. Companies are moving to Poland etc., did they suddenly improve the education of everyone despite many people leaving the country? Or is it just that the lower wages over there now outweigh the low corporation tax here?

I'm lost here, i was just talking about people going into third level education, and then proclaiming themselves as geniuses just because they got in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I've never been that way really. I'll buy a game only when i run out of or finish my existing games, same with Consoles. I'll milk them right down til the last drop.
    Same here, just now trying to get the last few achievements on Forza. :P It's the only game I can think of that I feel like I haven't completed it if I don't get all the achievements, I don't feel the same about PGR4.
    I'm lost here, i was just talking about people going into third level education, and then proclaiming themselves as geniuses just because they got in there.

I just meant that I think there's too many degrees flying around at the moment or certainly enough. With the possibility of fees coming in ya get the lefties shouting about how can we compete if we don't have an educated workforce. Course they don't ask how can we compete when we have some of the highest wage rates around. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Recession my ass, its probably Milhouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »

lol, I hate those clowns. Half the time you'll find that they are just pretenders who benefitted from having the best teachers who have the best notes which means revision and memorising = infuriatingly easy. I'd love to see how some of them would have coped with doing the LC in my school. Joke of a system.

• Advertisement

Not just that, it is the problem with free 3rd level education. Free 3rd level means that any tool can go to college for a while and study construction studies or some other course which needs 150 points to waste another year before the real world, all the while taking a student grant and not bothering their hole going to college very often.

The student loan system works very well in other countries. Why can it not be the same here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CameraDude

Just wondering how often you guys spend on the internet everyday? I'm just curious as some you seem to be on it literally all day. I know Sean Raven or VR! or whatever his name is tends to spend his days on the site. You see him posting messeges at 7am, 2pm, 6pm, 11pm, 3am. I dont think the guy sleeps or does anything else:D

CameraDude wrote: »
    Just wondering how often you guys spend on the internet everyday? I'm just curious as some you seem to be on it literally all day. I know Sean Raven or VR! or whatever his name is tends to spend his days on the site. You see him posting messeges at 7am, 2pm, 6pm, 11pm, 3am. I dont think the guy sleeps or does anything else:D

I spend basically all day online, no point turning the laptop off like. :) Though Tuesdays and Thursdays I be busy in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A lot.
    I do a lot of research so im always at a computer.

Not trying to sound smart, but you've only been a member since april.
    And its a good few months since shawn changed his name.

Who were you before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And you're off already the second your ban is up. Some people never learn, I guess.

• Advertisement

Possibly the most off topic post i will ever make so it fits in perfectly here:

I was bored as hell a little while ago and after playing and completing professor layton on my gfs DS, i decided to go in search of a site that has logical puzzles and that.

But i found one which is quite good but want to know what some peoples answers are because it supposedly gives an insight into the persons pyche depending on the aswer given.

Here is the riddle:
    While at the funeral of her mother, she met a man whom she did not know. She thought he was amazing, her dream guy, and she fell in love with him but never asked for his number and could not find him after the funeral.
    A few days later the girl killed her sister.
    What was her motive in killing her sister?

When someone gives the right answer i will give the explanation to why it is.

Have fun. :)

While at the funeral of her mother, she met a man whom she did not know. She thought he was amazing, her dream guy, and she fell in love with him but never asked for his number and could not find him after the funeral.
    A few days later the girl killed her sister.
    What was her motive in killing her sister?

Did her sister kill her mother?

When someone gives the right answer i will give the explanation to why it is.

Have fun. :)
    So the man will turn up again. It is a test to see do people have pschopathic tendencys.

gimmick wrote: »
    So the man will turn up again. It is a test to see do people have pschopathic tendencys.

Had to ruin it didn't you?:P

gimmick wrote: »

:(

No need to ruin it when only one person replied.

Go on, delete the post and lets see what kinda answers we get ;)

(or at least use spoilers.)

I probably should have spoilered it. Maybe you can delete the quote?

Your turn amacachi, spoiler tag the quote.

Sorry, half asleep here.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lynnsback

Her sister killed her mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

her sister had sex with the man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Her sister was happy and didn't mourn for the mother and had a prefect life/lover already. So Jealousy and anger/stress made resent her sister so much that she killed her.

Should I book myself in?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lynnsback

I'm DYING with the suspense here. Tell me the answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

She killed her so the man would turn up again to the sisters funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Do ya think they will have sex?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The missus is watching Dave, Lee Mack is on 'Live at the Apollo', he gave credit for halloween to the americans. Always thought Halloween was irish

SR, If you're out there, can you perform any kind of an I.P check for littleman, PRICELESS, callaway92 and young10rules (preferably with the punishment for all four, or any combination of them having the same address, resutling in a permaban? :p )

SR, If you're out there, can you perform any kind of an I.P check for littleman, PRICELESS, callaway92 and young10rules (preferably with the punishment for all four, or any combination of them having the same address, resutling in a permaban? :p )

Wont happen.

SR's away on biznezz and he left me in charge. ;)

So far callaway92 and priceless are not the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

AHHHH SR IS AWAY!?

Lets go mad!!

....Right Im tired now. Night Night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone see Caleb Folans rush of blood, mad kick. Just got a sight of it on match of the day, hope the lad skrtel was okay but the way he decided to lash out was terribly funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭steod

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Anyone see Caleb Folans rush of blood, mad kick. Just got a sight of it on match of the day, hope the lad skrtel was okay but the way he decided to lash out was terribly funny.

yeah seen it a bit mad alright phil brown was not impressed with Folan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement