Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

steod wrote: »
    yeah seen it a bit mad alright phil jones was not impressed with Folan

Phil Brown? I know sport is emotional when its played but why do players do that sort of thing. I'm not complaning as i find it funny (When no one is hurt) put i don't understand it. Roy Keane was a legend for that carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Folan lost his temper when Skrtel was obstructing him. LOoked fair until Caleb kicked him

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭steod

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Phil Brown? I know sport is emotional when its played but why do players do that sort of thing. I'm not complaning as i find it funny (When no one is hurt) put i don't understand it. Roy Keane was a legend for that carry on.

Sport is certainly emotional you cant legislate for what someone will do when the adrenaline kicks in. What about the amount of players who keep taking their jerseys off when they score knowing damn well it will cost them a booking.

Take the guy Wallace who scored the winner for preston v birmingham earlier, he was already on a yellow card but had to take off his shirt and got second yellow and sending off.

Happened in the last minute but he will miss a match now because of it when his side are pushing for playoff place fcuking fool.

Just corrected that :)

Take the guy Wallace who scored the winner for preston v birmingham earlier, he was already on a yellow card but had to take off his shirt and got second yellow and sending off.

Happened in the last minute but he will miss a match now because of it when his side are pushing for playoff place fcuking fool.

That is daft!

On a seperate issue, snooker replay is on now till 2.30. Is it me or is this classis after the pub scoffing a take away tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm well happy with Birmingham losing, all they have to do is draw or lose to Reading on the last day and when Sheffield United beat Palace, they'll go up and I'll be a happy kid.

I'm well happy with Birmingham losing, all they have to do is draw or lose to Reading on the last day and when Sheffield United beat Palace, they'll go up and I'll be a happy kid.

Are you a blades fan. I'd like to see them come back up.

One bloke in work is a blues fan. He was over at the game today and will be sick for days now. I runva pools comp for the building and sometimes i stick championship games to make up numbers, he goes mad when i pick birmingham says they lose when i pick them in the pools (Like thats the reason), guess whos game i normally pick?

Are you a blades fan. I'd like to see them come back up.

Yup, and they'll go up automatically (positive thinking never hurts:)).

Yup, and they'll go up automatically (positive thinking never hurts:)).

Palace being the team they face certainly adds an extra twist to the story.

Palace being the team they face certainly adds an extra twist to the story.

Too true. I'm hoping Warnock will throw the game for us.;)

• Advertisement

Too true. I'm hoping Warnock will throw the game for us.;)

Like pompey did for West Brom:p. Pity reading are as good as in the play offs now with the goal differance they have.

Sport is certainly emotional you cant legislate for what someone will do when the adrenaline kicks in. What about the amount of players who keep taking their jerseys off when they score knowing damn well it will cost them a booking.

No idea about anything football related (I'm guessing it's football you're all talking about?) but from what i gather from the above post...

Is there a rule that you're not allowed to remove your jersey!? If so, why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I presume no one saw Wayne "the "God" Rooney playing like the God he is. WAYNE FTW.Next year eh!?:pac:;)

No idea about anything football related (I'm guessing it's football you're all talking about?) but from what i gather from the above post...

Is there a rule that you're not allowed to remove your jersey!? If so, why? :confused:

Yeah if they remove their jerseys when celebrating a goal its an automatic yellow card. A silly rule but it exists so the players should now better.

Not sure why but they can be also booked for running into the crowd after scoring like jumping over the advertising boards and hugging fans etc. , it can be seen as inciting the fans or riling up the opposition supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah if they remove their jerseys when celebrating a goal its an automatic yellow card. A silly rule but it exists so the players should now better.

Not sure why but they can be also booked for running into the crowd after scoring like jumping over the advertising boards and hugging fans etc. , it can be seen as inciting the fans or riling up the opposition supporters.

The keeping their jersey on rule is because not too long ago a few players had slogans on the vest thing under their jersey and FIFA or UEFA were worried what someone might put on their vest. Fairly sure that was the reason given for the ban at least.

Yellow cards are basically given for over-celebration like getting in the opponents face or doing something dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yellow cards are basically given for over-celebration like getting in the opponents face or doing something dangerous.

No, If the shirt comes off, they get booked. It doesnt matter if they are in someones face or doing something dangerous.

Its a ridiculous rule. Its a heat of the moment thing. Definitely shouldnt be a bookable offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

No, If the shirt comes off, they get booked. It doesnt matter if they are in someones face or doing something dangerous.

Its a ridiculous rule. Its a heat of the moment thing. Definitely shouldnt be a bookable offence.

i completely agree wiht oyu here! ive heard that taking the shirt off = showing the nipples = incedent exposure.....or some complete and utter twaddle like that!

ok it made sence when giggs did it in 1999....that was just wrong, someone please think of the children!

hahaha they probably brought it in after that...

i remember ehn porto were in the chapions league final, some young lad scored and took off his shirt and was booked. Its just ridiculous.

ESPECIALLY if they later get a second yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

hahaha they probably brought it in after that...

i remember ehn porto were in the chapions league final, some young lad scored and took off his shirt and was booked. Its just ridiculous.

ESPECIALLY if they later get a second yellow.

yeah andy gray made a good point about it (i know shock horror) but its as if refs just dont understand passion in football, in the heat of the moment a player celebrates and can get booked for it? joke imo!

like poor macheda.....scores a goal to win utd the match on his first ever game, hugs his dad and gets a yellow! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

its because refs are bitter and twisted.

Mike Riley is just waiting to catch that sweet volley.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Who is this Miley Cyrus, who i am having to listen so much about?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Who is this Miley Cyrus, who i am having to listen so much about?

She's the daughter of that country music murdering humunculous mongoloid Bill-Ray Cyrus, of Achey-Breaky Heart fame

shes Disneys latest child cash cow.Hannah-Montana-ds105.jpg

to be fair to her she seems quite down to earth.

wouldnt be the most talented mind.

New movie coming out soon. Expect big takings at the box office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Anybody know what the storey is with the watson brothers slaping the heads of each other with hurls as a right of passage? Flavahaj text me about it last night but I was fairly intoxicated so didnt get the full storey........Animals

Hannah-Montana-ds105.jpg

Mate text me a bit ago saying something like "went to see hannah montana movie with little brother, dam miley cyrus is a fine thing".

Going by the abvove picture maybe i should book him into somewhere :eek::confused:

Mate text me a bit ago saying something like "went to see hannah montana movie with little brother, dam miley cyrus is a fine thing".

Going by the abvove picture maybe i should book him into somewhere :eek::confused:
    She's only 15 or 16 so your friend may need a reminder

That pic looked like 14 year old so googled the name just in case. Date of Birth. 23 November 1992. You decide if thats worrying or not.

if theres grass on the field.

jesus though...she is fairly young. not even 17!? thought she was a good bit older...

• Advertisement

Apparently there is 24 members online right now.

Hello all! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement