Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I'm loving threadless t shirts at the moment, they send me an email every week with there new t shirts and its a constant case of :eek: "I want it" Ive far too many at this stage.

www.threadless.com

Too studenty looking for my own personal taste. At least the ones in the first few pages of the mens section anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Whats brought on this bout of sadness and anger on? Talk to auntie pingu....

I'm watching Angelas Ashes and that was a real fecking depression, when you have to pick coal up off the street as it falls off the coal cart and eat what you can find, all these whingy feckers complaining cos they ca't afford a second car need a look at that shit and to shut their damn complaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

orestes wrote: »
    Everybody who whinges about the recession should be forced to watch Angelas Ashes and then shut up with their damned complaining :mad: /rant

And anyone who says they're hungry should be forced to watch reruns of the BBC news reports from Ethiopia in the 80s. ****in ingrates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

amacachi wrote: »
    And anyone who says they're hungry should be forced to watch reruns of the BBC news reports from Ethiopia in the 80s. ****in ingrates.

Here fecking here brother

amacachi wrote: »

Do they know it's christmas?
    {Whaddya mean it's not for 8 months?}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

MANBEARPIG EPISODE!! comedy central right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Woohoo. Holidays booked for Saturday week. A nice week in Lanzarote will do just nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

where ya headed?

had a great time there myself last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

You lucky sod gimmick, Lanzarote is very nice, the water park is savage bai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm watching Angelas Ashes and that was a real fecking depression, when you have to pick coal up off the street as it falls off the coal cart and eat what you can find, all these whingy feckers complaining cos they ca't afford a second car need a look at that shit and to shut their damn complaining

Is that not set in present day limerick?

HIIIIOOOOO!

• Advertisement

You lucky sod gimmick, Lanzarote is very nice, the water park is savage bai.

Love waterparks. Or I used to. I have steadily got more scared of the more steep slides in the last few years. Sign of growing old :(. That said, there has never been a slide that has beaten me.
    where ya headed?

had a great time there myself last year.

Porto Del Carmen. Just off the beach. Never been, so looking forward to it. Anything is better than being here I guess.

gimmick wrote: »
    Love waterparks. Or I used to. I have steadily got more scared of the more steep slides in the last few years. Sign of growing old :(. That said, there has never been a slide that has beaten me.

Porto Del Carmen. Just off the beach. Never been, so looking forward to it. Anything is better than being here I guess.

Went for a couple of weeks last summer, kicks ass. Beaches aren't the best but the heat is fantastic, I never felt as good physically as I did during the time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Everybody who whinges about the recession should be forced to watch Angelas Ashes and then shut up with their damned complaining :mad: /rant

Haven’t seen it, but SR gives a pretty good argument against recession whinging, turned me into a glass half full man anyway :)

D-FENS wrote: »
    Haven’t seen it, but SR gives a pretty good argument against recession whinging, turned me into a glass half full man anyway :)

Don't know how I missed this post, lol. I'll never be allowed live that one down will I? :)

Fúcking sickening. The wimminz in the office today are wearing their Nunster garb hoping "we" win tmr. They do not know whether the ball is pumped or stuffed yet thats all they talk about for the week.

Christ I despise rugby fans. At least soccer/GAA fans know what they are talking about (most of the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Fúcking sickening. The wimminz in the office today are wearing their Nunster garb hoping "we" win tmr. They do not know whether the ball is pumped or stuffed yet thats all they talk about for the week.

Christ I despise rugby fans. At least soccer/GAA fans know what they are talking about (most of the time).

I'd say if you walked around UCC today, the amount of grey trackies and munster jerserys on display would break your heart

To be fair, a lot of that is down to the UK education system! You've no idea how UK's history of Ireland and Ireland's history of Ireland tend to differ! And i could go on a six page rant on exactly how.

But hey, i'll stay on topic instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    To be fair, a lot of that is down to the UK education system! You've no idea how UK's history of Ireland and Ireland's history of Ireland tend to differ! And i could go on a six page rant on exactly how.

Itd probably equate to Shelbyvilles version of how the lemon tree wound up back in Springfield:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Why on Earth would the U.K. care about Ireland. Small country complex

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Why on Earth would the U.K. care about Ireland. Small country complex

Had me scratching my head as well, but hey, you know what they did to get their hands on the Falkland Islands too!

And with that in mind, i'm moving this to OTB. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

The British haven't a clue about Ireland. The amount of times someone has heard my big thick Dublin accent and said "Ayyy, our kid here"! while pointing at me. They'll take the piss and put on a Northern Irish accent while thinking it's a Dulin accent. How the f*ck does that work? *They* don't know the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

I'm Irish, I've been living in the UK for close to two years, yet even as a kid I could look at a map of the UK and point out Wales and Scotland. Give a Brit a map of Ireland and they wouldn't have the first clue where the divide is.

*Ok, I'm generalising with the "they" remark, but honestly, 95% of the British that I've met haven't a clue about Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

They were selling Munster scarves on the stall outside Turners Cross tonight, I know Musgrave is around the corner and all but wtf! :confused:

A friend of mine has been drawn into the Munster buzz big time since moving to Limerick, she is heading up to Dublin tomorrow to watch the match...in the pub. Yet she won't bother coming back to Turners Cross lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

she is heading up to Dublin tomorrow to watch the match...in the pub.

Thats a bit mad aint it. Its only a semi

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    The British haven't a clue about Ireland. The amount of times someone has heard my big thick Dublin accent and said "Ayyy, our kid here"! while pointing at me. They'll take the piss and put on a Northern Irish accent while thinking it's a Dulin accent. How the f*ck does that work? *They* don't know the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

I'm Irish, I've been living in the UK for close to two years, yet even as a kid I could look at a map of the UK and point out Wales and Scotland. Give a Brit a map of Ireland and they wouldn't have the first clue where the divide is.

*Ok, I'm generalising with the "they" remark, but honestly, 95% of the British that I've met haven't a clue about Ireland.

Over 99% of Irish people have the slightest idea about Britain either ffs. They might know where the divides are on a map but how many people in Ireland could tell the difference between most english accents, let alone actually do them. When I was in London a girl tried doing an Irish accent and did a Northern one by accident. I then did a northern accent and she could tell the difference handy enough, she just couldn't do the accent herself. To take the piss I then did a Lancashire-type accent as an impersonation of her. :)

Actually i can differentiate between a Yorkshire, London, Sheffield, Manchester, Northampshire and Plymouth accent pretty well.

And that's before i even begin to watch the better half's soaps. :)
    Somehow I don't think i count as 99% ;)

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Thats a bit mad aint it. Its only a semi

Exactly what I thought :pac:. When she told me she was going I thought she had a ticket. Most pubs around Munster would probably have a good atmosphere without having to travel to Dublin!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Exactly what I thought :pac:. When she told me she was going I thought she had a ticket. Most pubs around Munster would probably have a good atmosphere without having to travel to Dublin!

Muster better win for her then, otherwise she will have a long journey home.

Actually i can differentiate between a Yorkshire, London, Sheffield, Manchester, Northampshire and Plymouth accent pretty well.

Ya might count towards the 1% ya are. :P But no-one I know would have a clue which was which. Well one or two now that I've started telling jokes that rely on puns and accents for the punchline. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah yeah, I bet you're at the stage where you actually enjoy watching the soaps with your missus.:p

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Muster better win for her then, otherwise she will have a long journey home.

Oh it's the worst thing, travelling home after a defeat, I'll never forget the bus back from Belfast after City's defeat to Linfield, had to be up for college then two hours after I got home, not pleasant lol.

Although it would serve her right for travelling all the way :pac:, can only imagine what her workplace would be like on Tuesday (seemingly all Munster fans) if they were to lose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement