Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Oh it's the worst thing, travelling home after a defeat, I'll never forget the bus back from Belfast after City's defeat to Linfield, had to be up for college then two hours after I got home, not pleasant lol.

Although it would serve her right for travelling all the way :pac:, can only imagine what her workplace would be like on Tuesday (seemingly all Munster fans) if they were to lose.

Many will have moved on to another bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Actually i can differentiate between a Yorkshire, London, Sheffield, Manchester, Northampshire and Plymouth accent pretty well.

And that's before i even begin to watch the better half's soaps. :)
    Somehow I don't think i count as 99% ;)

Also meant to say, any time I'm in Dublin all the Dubs think I've a Northern accent, and when I was in Tralee about a third thought I was Scottish and another third thought I was ****in English.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, I bet you're at the stage where you actually enjoy watching the soaps with your missus.:p

Quiet you! :P

amacachi wrote: »
    Also meant to say, any time I'm in Dublin all the Dubs think I've a Northern accent, and when I was in Tralee about a third thought I was Scottish and another third thought I was ****in English.:rolleyes:

To be fair, i know a couple of guys from Monaghan that sound like they're Nordies. They took major offence to it initially but now they just laugh it off.

The Scottish and English comparisons are ones I don't get at all.

To be fair, i know a couple of guys from Monaghan that sound like they're Nordies. They took major offence to it initially but now they just laugh it off.

The Scottish and English comparisons are ones I don't get at all.

Outside Dundalk there's a fair amount of northern-type accents. In the Cooley peninsula it's almost a Donegal accent they have, and over along Monaghan and that there's plenty of what you Dubs would call Northern accents. :P Funnily enough no-one from Dundalk thinks I've a northern accent.

The scottish and english comparison probably just comes from the fact that all they know is the south-west culchie accent, the dub and the northern accents. Most of them hadn't a clue where Dundalk was ffs. :P

• Advertisement

Funnily enough no-one from Dundalk thinks I've a northern accent.

Funny that, nobody in Dublin thinks i have an accent, period! :P
    The scottish and english comparison probably just comes from the fact that all they know is the south-west culchie accent, the dub and the northern accents. Most of them hadn't a clue where Dundalk was ffs. :P

We learned about Louth in school at an early age from Milk Cartons.
    Drogheda and Dundalk Dairies. lol

We learned about Louth in school at an early age from Milk Cartons.
    Drogheda and Dundalk Dairies. lol

Which milk was that? I thought Champion was based in Monaghan, didn't realise there was much of a dairy scene here in town. :P

Which milk was that? I thought Champion was based in Monaghan, didn't realise there was much of a dairy scene here in town. :P

I am going back about 25 years here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Its exam time for a lot of PW boardsies, whos skrewed? / about to start 16 hour cram sessions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Its exam time for a lot of PW boardsies, whos skrewed? / about to start 16 hour cram sessions?

Yeah they're starting Tuesday for me. Have a good bit done though so hopefully will be fine. What's everyone studying? I'm doing chemistry and forensic science.

• Advertisement

Currently doing my T-Dip in IT to make the transition from technician to teacher/trainer.

Got a mock exam on Education Principles & Practice on wednesday, ICT exam about a week and a half after that, and the proper EP&P exam two weeks further after that. I'm not sweating it, the ICT part I will breeze through due to spending 10 years in the industry, which leaves me with more time to study for EP&P.

Studying Business, starting my last 4 Tuesday also.

Already have 6 exams down and 2 100% continuous assessments in with 1 dirty fail in that 8 so I'm back in August for the repeat/session already wahey! just gotta make sure its not 2 now

That's handy having some done already. I've twelve exams coming up! 10 Chemistry, 1 Forensic Forensic Psychology and 1 Toxicology. It's a long month ahead :(

I hate trying to study, i really do! This isn't going too well for me at all. At present i'm just typing out answers to potential exam questions, but i'm suffering the whole "I know what i want to write, but it's not coming out the way i want it to" syndrome.

And i've a whole bank holiday weekend of this sh*t ahead of me. 3/10 questions done so far, with tuesday and wednesday to then study my answers to prep me for Wednesday evening's mock.

That's the plan, f*ck knows if it'll work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Leinster looking good ATM. Studying is the worst thing ever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Madrid v Barca game is a cracker as is this world snooker semi, come on Neil:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The Madrid v Barca game is a cracker as is this world snooker semi, come on Neil:D

It's been a long day of sport and Hatton/Packman is still to come.

It's been a long day of sport and Hatton/Packman is still to come.

Another big day tomorrow though I'll probably miss most of it. Damn people's mortality.

I have to watch the Hatton fight. We need to see Hatton vs Mayweather Jr II

I have to watch the Hatton fight. We need to see Hatton vs Mayweather Jr II

Only if they'll have a referee who will enforce the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

We need to see Hatton vs Mayweather Jr II

I think we need to see Pacman/Mayweather. Both fights with Floyd would do great business but as much as I like Ricky but I think Pacman would test Floyd at this stage alot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Well, it's wet and windy outside, generally just one of those miserable days. Thank Christ it's a bank holiday, I ain't even thinking of venturing outside today. I'm gonna make a few bacon and egg sandwiches, a cup of tea, put my feet up and watch Shrek, then Shrek 2.

Life is good.

I'm just gonna saty in bed all day and relax

Just finishin a breakfast roll that was bought for me this morning, but I'm only up. Curry, rice and chips coming up soon. :P

Might watch Planet Earth or something later on.

Still got my head buried in a folder and a laptop doing sample exam questions (hence my general quietness all weekend). Doesn't look like they'll be that tricky though. Only a handful more and i'm done. I might even have time to do something tonight outside of study. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Been hitting the Philiosphy meself today. Plato, Luhman and Marx to be exact. Plato is ridiculous imo, but he keeps it simple, so I'll give his question a right crack Friday now

Marketing exam in the morning :( at it all day - till about 4am tonight maybe even an all nighter. Same question for 50% every year, material is easy out but theres a crazy amount of material.

I've just spent the last two days re-writing answers to 8 out of 9 exam questions! I'm about to finish my last one. Some of these f*cking things better come up on the actual papers or i'll riot!

Just discovered i've a second part of an assignment from the other week due in on wednesday.
    Suck it up time now. :D

Lanthanide chemistry tomorrow! Shouldn't be too bad, I hope!

• Advertisement

Ditched windows off the laptop over this weekend too. Now ununtu 8.10 powered.
    Virus free for life. :D

Bye bye microsoft, it's been fun, but not really! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement