Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

C-B-G wrote: »
    Whats going on, has the recession caused everyone to go out and trade in their laptops/computers?

Forum seems to be dead.

Quite the opposite really, people tend to head out and drink more during these times, and was a bank holiday.

Also we have a number of people with exams starting this week.

Finally WWE has been kinda cack over the last couple of weeks, Sh*t product = Not much to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I tent to spend a lot more time online around exam time with the thought of not being able to do anything go anyplace because I must study. Yet sitting at home unable. Strong pass yesterday anyways which has me happy out :D cant seem to get started for Fridays at all yet!

Found out the August repeat fee has jumped from €70 - €150 this year no matter how many repeats you have, I'd nearly fail my last 3 to get my moneys worth, That'd show em! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good grief how glad I am I still do not have to do exams. I was rubbish at them. I used get so worked up i used that frigging traquillisers to calm me down.

I still have dreams that I am at college and a certain exam is nigh, and i have absolutely nothing done for it, not even been to class. Its a relieved wake up every time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ugh, dunno if I'm even arsed doin this Leaving Cert. Have science in the bag from last time. Blergh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Exams starting tomorrow now, should be okay, Psychology is tomorrow. Autism and Memory are expected to come up, they do every year in one question or another. ****ed if they dont. I'd much rather this than having the Leaving before me though, jesus that was awful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone know anything about TEFL courses?

Seem to me to only be neccesary because certain employers ask for them as a requirement when teaching abroad yet if you have teaching experience they arent of any major benefit. I've a years experience subbing in Ireland and worked for a month as a TA in England while doing a PGCE (withdrew due to unfortunatley timed appendicitus) so might not really need a TEFL. However I wouldent mind being actually certified in some form as a teacher especially if i was considering travelling around the world doing it. Therefore maybe id consider an Online one though i personally wouldnt rate them but itd mean a quick qualification and job opportunitys.

i dunno anyone know anything about all this?

Depends where ya go. Some countries consider any degree from a western country enough experience to teach english. Thats about all I know....

cheers thats what im thinking (and ive already got a standard degree in media) but for good jobs over there, I can imagine they would be given to someone with a cert (not that i know) so maybe adding the online one plus my exp could get me a good one.

Im fairly sure the online one which means the person may have never been in a classroom in their life is lookied down on but combined with my exp id consider it if anyone who knows about this stuff think its worth doing

I think the course is only 3-4 weeks long anyway. Might be worth your while doing it before ya set off anyway. Where ya thinking of going?

well SE Asia, Thailand, Japan type area but tbh it depends on the job i can get (i.e often you need it sorted to get the visa etc) and without a teaching qualification of some sort i think certain countries would be out of the question and id be left with at best places like South Korea but im only starting to look into it, fup all media work going too

• Advertisement

Hong Kong seems to be the best option, i know a few peope doing it and am considering it myself. Funny ya brought it up, meself and a friend had a wicked serious conversation about it today. Really thinking about it once I've the degree in the bag

well unless your degree is going to be in an industry that keeps updating and you could get left behind if you didnt get into it immediatley post degree would be ideal to travel the world while making money out of it. Not neccesarily loads of money to bring home but itl be a lot for where you are it seems. Hong Kong is on my list too but like i said only now looking into it.

btw you might really like it but from my personal experience people expect someone with your profile pic to be argumentative and annoying, maybe youd be shocked and people would suddenly become uber nice to you if you had a different pic :D when Vr became Sr and dropped the cornholio look for example twas like a face turn in my eyes like the opposite of Jericho and his nappy... uh oh on topic.... yeah so Hong Kong eh ;)

Leave Beavis alone, hes deadly! My avatar on boards.ie is the least of my worries right now... Might have a browse through the selections later, just for you

Hong Kong seems to be the job, live like a king, be treated like one, cheap cheap lifestyle, how bad! I'll worry about all that next year though!

always loved beavis and butthead but wouldent be surprised if people link the avatars to the poster some times.

btw what a feckn goal by Essien just now, on the volley just outside the box with his left foot off the crossbar and in 1-0 chelsea but of course an away goal would put Barca through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Mate of mine spent 6 months teaching business men English with TELF in Mexico 2 years ago. She said they looked after her well and was put up in a nice house with other Irish girls the money was very small about €600 a month but she was able to live well on that over there.

Shes off again this summer dunno where though but it would be safe to say not Mexico

yeah id love to go somewhere like mexico maybe if i was to do it again, and they do seem to pay well by that countrys standards i.e like i said wont bring back much but youll live well. I think the places that dont pay much usually help out with accomodation costs

Looks like a minute into injury time was the perfect time to put the football on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Barca are lucky ducks. Chelsea had their clear chances though and they could have cleaned out Barca instead of moaning about rued peno decisions.

27th May will be a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Great game, the ending was very funny as well.:D

capture-2.gif
    14ui442.jpg

cheers man was just trying to explain that drogba bit to my housemate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rjd2 wrote: »
    14ui442.jpg

What was going on here?!

C-B-G wrote: »
    What was going on here?!

He shouted "It's a ****ing disgrace!" down the camera after the match.

If you have the two of them we NEED a clip of Ballack chasing the referee! I roared out laughing when that happened

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

amacachi wrote: »
    He shouted "It's a ****ing disgrace!" down the camera after the match.

The irony of HIM shouting that as all the kiddies watch just before being sent to bed. The *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Breezed through the mock!
    Oh, that assignment i sent ya the other week, KKV? Got it back with a nice big fat A written across it. :)

EDIT: Found a better one.

2a7a3qv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Devestated.

amacachi wrote: »
    EDIT: Found a better one.

2a7a3qv.jpg

You are just fantastic

Gerard.C wrote: »