Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I used to love my tropical fish. Except for the angel fish. It ate the baby tetras. I found that quite traumatising.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

flahavaj wrote: »
    No hassle, it was only a throwaway question really, I never realised there were so many budding marine biologists on the board!:pac:

I wanted to get a tropical fish tank the week we moved into the (now not so new) place. They really brighten up the place. :)

I used to love my tropical fish. Except for the angel fish. It ate the baby tetras. I found that quite traumatising.

I love my angel fish, i don't keep tetras though, they don't last pissing time in my tank. I have 2 plecos, 3 angel fish and a few mollies. Really colourful tank. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dingle is great. They have pub/hardware shop. You can buy Guinness and a hammer at the same time!

That same pub is a leather work-shop too, you can dirnk your pint with your hammer while you wait on your boots to be done!

Dingle still sucks though
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Be my guest, i'll have a great time sueing you for damages! :P

Sue me for what?! My laptop is the only thing of worth I own, and this ain't even in my name :D

Anyone fancy some fried pleco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

pingu_girl wrote: »
    If I were you I'd get a tortoise they'd make a much cooler pet than a gold fish.

At least I woudn't have to change the water and no fear of him running away.:pac:

• Advertisement

85947_f520.jpg

That's a pleco, and guess what flahavaj? They survive in fresh water too! You can dump him in there in a goldfish tank. :D

orestes wrote: »
    Sue me for what?! My laptop is the only thing of worth I own, and this ain't even in my name :D

Anyone fancy some fried pleco?

You can sue people what they don't have too, they can pay on week to week basis. :D

Oh i could have a lot of fun milking orestes on a weekly basis for his dole money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

If only Sloths could be kept as pets, they sleep upto 18 hours a day, so no hassle at all :pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    At least I woudn't have to change the water and no fear of him running away.:pac:

Actually turtles and tortoises are even more work to keep than fish are! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

85947_f520.jpg

That's a pleco, and guess what flahavaj? They survive in fresh water too! You can dump him in there in a goldfish tank. :D

You could have fucking warned me man!

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    You could have fucking warned me man!

Bwahahah! He's a harmless little pleco! He ain't exactly Jaws!

If only Sloths could be kept as pets, they sleep upto 18 hours a day, so no hassle at all :pac:

Cost ya a fortune importing baby ruth bars tho!

What the hell did I start with one little question?:pac:

I love my angel fish, i don't keep tetras though, they don't last pissing time in my tank. I have 2 plecos, 3 angel fish and a few mollies. Really colourful tank. :)
    Aye, they die like flies alright, but they're pretty to look at. Had mollies myself. And no tank is complete without the bottom-feeders like plecos. I used to have a big selection of different Gouramis, which were brilliant cus they were nice to look at but lasted for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Anybody see the season finale of shameless last night? T'was so sad :( I must admit I was sobbing like a baby at the end. Cant wait for the next season.

Aye, they die like flies alright, but they're pretty to look at. Had mollies myself. And no tank is complete without the bottom-feeders like plecos. I used to have a big selection of different Gouramis, which were brilliant cus they were nice to look at but lasted for years.

How the hell were you able to keep Gourami's with pretty much anything else? They f*cking eat everything in sight!

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Anybody see the season finale of shameless last night? T'was so sad :( I must admit I was sobbing like a baby at the end. Cant wait for the next season.

It was unreal. This whole series has been exceptional. Thats the great thing about shameless, one minute its heart breaking, the next its hilarious, the next it incredibly tense.

I'd love to hear a drunken conversation between Frank gallagher and orestes.:pac:

Adjusting the title cos i'm not gonna keep slapping wrists for spoilers over a dumb soccer game in a WRESTLING forum!

How the hell were you able to keep Gourami's with pretty much anything else? They f*cking eat everything in sight!
    Dunno. The only problems we ever had were with the angel fish. Some of the gouramis could be agressive alright, but I don't recall them eating anything.

Dunno. The only problems we ever had were with the angel fish. Some of the gouramis could be agressive alright, but I don't recall them eating anything.

I'd love a couple of them for my tank, as expensive as they are, i'd go without a weeks shopping. But i'd be scared that they would wipe out the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*hic*

ive decided to take myself to this thread for now... anyone wanna give me a topic to ramble on about? :D

*hic*

ive decided to take myself to this thread for now... anyone wanna give me a topic to ramble on about? :D

Roy Keeeeeeeeeane like!
    (f*ckin sheep shagger from Cork with a smell that would knock a fly off a bucket of sh*te!) :D

im not from cork but i couldent disagree further ive always found myself agreeing 100% with what keane says. Ive not liked the situations he puts himself in by opening his mouth so often but i generally dont agree ( i say generally cos of alf inge haaland or however thats spelt). one of his problems is that he expects the people around him to do their very best always but some are happy with just doing what they can the FAI for example.

no im not from cork loike boi ya langer

was trying to avoid ramblin above but alas here is the topic that will be brouht up should anyone reply and the perfect example of how i feel about Keane.

Saipan:

Keane criticised the preperation for the world cup and facilities which were amateur (he was 100% right imo but prob should have waited to say it) he was called before McCarthy with other senior squad members like Quinn and Staunton, where McCarthy went mad at him and apparently suggested he had feigned injury and not turned up in the past (not on at all if said even in private). Keane blew up at this and made the famous comments about McCarthy not being irish etc which lead to him being sent home (McCarthy had to after that outburst but....Keane never walked out he was sent home).

I agreed with Keane the whole way through but wish he kept his mouth shut. from that time on though ireland was split in 2 with regards Keane (cept Cork) and some will hate everything he does now some suggested its all good. for example his time at Sunderland and his prospects now at Ipswich

im impressed i think that all made sense ^^

Keane criticised the preperation for the world cup and facilities which were amateur (he was 100% right imo but prob should have waited to say it) he was called before McCarthy with other senior squad members like Quinn and Staunton, where McCarthy went mad at him and apparently suggested he had feigned injury and not turned up in the past (not on at all if said even in private). Keane blew up at this and made the famous comments about McCarthy not being irish etc which lead to him being sent home (McCarthy had to after that outburst but....Keane never walked out he was sent home).

Not sure I entirely agree with that, you forgot to mention the rows Keane had with Bonner and Kelly prior to his argument with McCarthy.
    Keane basically got himself pushed out so he could absolve all blame of him walking. His timing was waaaaay off to air his grievance, but you pretty much acknowledged that anyway. McCarthy's nationality shouldn't have been an issue in that issue, that was just Keane being a complete and utter prick. McCarthy was defending in the World Cup in Italy in 1990 while Keane was trying to figure out what to do with a football!
    I agreed with Keane the whole way through but wish he kept his mouth shut. from that time on though ireland was split in 2 with regards Keane (cept Cork) and some will hate everything he does now some suggested its all good. for example his time at Sunderland and his prospects now at Ipswich

im impressed i think that all made sense ^^

Keane is his own worst enemy. I watched a lot of those Korea-Japan matches in 2002 whilst in Cork oddly enough, the outrage down there was chaos. God help you if you had a Dublin accent. Every asshole in every bar down there all had the same thing to say

"What ye think da Roy Keeeeeane situation like?"

Told em all the same thing, that they were both acting like kids, now please piss off and let me enjoy my pint. At that point I was 26 and getting too old for bar brawls.

im quoting you so i can just about focus and remember what im replying to so hope i make sense ;)
    Not sure I entirely agree with that, you forgot to mention the rows Keane had with Bonner and Kelly prior to his argument with McCarthy.
    Keane basically got himself pushed out so he could absolve all blame of him walking. His timing was waaaaay off to air his grievance, but you pretty much acknowledged that anyway. McCarthy's nationality shouldn't have been an issue in that issue, that was just Keane being a complete and utter prick. McCarthy was defending in the World Cup in Italy in 1990 while Keane was trying to figure out what to do with a football!...

Keane is his own worst enemy. I watched a lot of those Korea-Japan matches in 2002 whilst in Cork oddly enough, the outrage down there was chaos. God help you if you had a Dublin accent. Every asshole in every bar down there all had the same thing to say

"What ye think da Roy Keeeeeane situation like?"

Told em all the same thing, that they were both acting like kids, now please piss off and let me enjoy my pint. At that point I was 26 and getting too old for bar brawls.

Well iirc correctly the rows prior to Mccarthy were about the things he spoke out about i.e the preperation, training facilities etc, this was picked up on by two journos ans as keane always does he answerd their questions then the sh!tstorm started. Thats the thing with Keane he may tell the truth but he talks when others dont and then his words become a big media story.

you are right tho they both acted like children and it is a lot like the bret situation in as much as not just one person screwed the other.

McCarthy screw Keane, Keane screw McCarthy, Keane screw himself with his mouth, McCarthy screw himself losing his best player, they both scred us in a way.

as a manager I still think he has potential and like him going to Ipswich but think itl continue to be interesting to watch as he asks for 100% from all those around him and not all will meet his standards.

and yeah mcCarthys nationality had no place in it but from what i know that was probably him venting after the injury feigning thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Would you consider getting a small shoal of clown loaches? I reckon they would go well in that tank, if you have the room.

I used to feed tetras to a polka-dot grouper when I worked in Petstop as a kid, I was a strange kid :(

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Would you consider getting a small shoal of clown loaches? I reckon they would go well in that tank, if you have the room.

I used to feed tetras to a polka-dot grouper when I worked in Petstop as a kid, I was a strange kid :(

You're still a strange kid, durron. Luckily for you, we wouldn't expect it any other way. ;)

I've had a couple of clown loaches in there before, both places we got em before in the past, the loaches lasted a month tops. And the things are too expensive these days.

Gets tiring hearing them being called "nemo's" by younger visitors too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I've no time for Roy Keane. Yeah, he was one of the greatest players of all time, but his mouth is far too big for his own good. I'd be fully behind McCarthy for the Saipan incident. And I thought Keane's carry-on with the media during his reign as Sunderland manager was pathetic.

I do like Goldfish though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

2pqrp82.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement