Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just saw the first TV ad of the Summer for The Sunday Game. It'll be good to get back to the real sports in the light of the posturing, diving and general acting the c*nt that went on last night at Stamford Bridge.

Championship. I live for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its back sunday with Mayo against New York I think, should be a cracker. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

flahavaj wrote: »
    Just saw the first TV ad of the Summer for The Sunday Game. It'll be good to get back to the real sports in the light of the posturing, diving and general acting the c*nt that went on last night at Stamford Bridge.

Meh, bunch of mulchies bashing away at balls with sticks don't mean all that much to me.

Real sport my ass, now the snooker that was on the other day... that's a whole other story. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nothing like a shot of whiskey before a brake eh SR!

Those be the days :)

Nothing like a shot of whiskey before a brake eh SR!

Those be the days :)

Those days are gone now. I'm off alcohol as of almost two weeks now. The worst part of withdrawl is almost finished, even if it has left me a cranky and miserable bastard.

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Those days are gone now. I'm off alcohol as of almost two weeks now. The worst part of withdrawl is almost finished, even if it has left me a cranky and miserable bastard.
    To be expected when you go off anything addictive. At least its not coke or hash.

Good luck with sobriety SR

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Eh its not the 80's. The crap stuff the some gaa lads get up to now is a bit of a joke. For some of them, Every time a lad gets a shoulder he either lies on the ground holding his face or gets his handbag out and starts swinging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

To be fair, last Sunday in Thurles there was a bit of feck acting going on. Tommy Walsh flinging the hurley at Shane McGrath was scandelous, bannable offence in my opinion. I have nothing but respect for Brian Cody and most of the boys on the Kilkenny team, but there was times last Sunday where they really wern't professionals.

Meh, bunch of mulchies bashing away at balls with sticks don't mean all that much to me.

Real sport my ass, now the snooker that was on the other day... that's a whole other story. :)

*Shakes head in deapair*

And we wonder why the country is in the state its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The snooker was superb until the final which hugely anti climatic, although seeing as I hate Murphy, watching it was not a total waste of time. :D

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Eh its not the 80's. The crap the gaa lads get up to now is a joke. Every time a lad gets a shoulder he either lies on the ground holding his face or gets his handbag out and starts swinging.

Thats a very general statement, to say every player carries on like that is a joke. Very very few players act that way, though it is starting to creep in a bit more these days unfortunatley.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    To be fair, last Sunday in Thurles there was a bit of feck acting going on. Tommy Walsh flinging the hurley at Shane McGrath was scandelous, bannable offence in my opinion. I have nothing but respect for Brian Cody and most of the boys on the Kilkenny team, but there was times last Sunday where they really wern't professionals.

Walsh is an unreal hurler, I've seen him give some incredible displays the last few years and for a guy his height I've never seen him beaten in the air. But throwing the hurl was appalling, He should have gotten the line, yellow card at the very least. But Tipp were no angels either,, they came out and hit KK hard (and rightly so), there was an aggressive undercurrent to the whole game.

Great game though. Think ye can push on and go one better in the Summer? Kelly's still to come after all?

Thats a very general statement, to say every player carries on like that is a joke. Very very few players act that way, though it is starting to creep in a bit more these days unfortunatley.

Yeah your right. It was a general statement. And it was a bit of a joke the way i worded it. I'll edit it.

But i don't think its creeping in, i think its well established among certain players, not all, but certain players.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Eh its not the 80's. The crap the gaa lads get up to now is a joke. Every time a lad gets a shoulder he either lies on the ground holding his face or gets his handbag out and starts swinging.

While that happens on extremely rare occasions in GAA, it is exactly that, a rarity. As Ger said, a total and completely unfair generalisation. In comparison to soime of the stuff you'd see Ronaldo, Drogba, Gerrard et al get up to on a weekly basis its practically non-existant.

Edit: just spotted your post above. Fair play. It is creeping in but thankfully its being well controlled.

Walsh is an unreal hurler, I've seen him give some incredible displays the last few years and for a guy his height I've never seen him beaten in the air. But throwing the hurl was appalling, He should have gotten the line, yellow card at the very least. But Tipp were no angels either,, they came out and hit KK hard (and rightly so), there was an aggressive undercurrent to the whole game.

Great game though. Think ye can push on and go one better in the Summer? Kelly's still to come after all?

He's a savage hurler alright but you can't be throwing your hurley at someone like that! Tipp didn't really foul though, they were just rough and up for it. It was a wicked rough game, appart from a few silly incidents there's nothing wrong with that though.

There's talk Kelly's gone for the season, haven't heard much since Sunday but the father seemed to think he'd be gone for a while. If he got back and was fit I'd say we could go all the way. Looked very like a Tipp-Kilkenny final this year, a step up from Sunday now and we'd beat them I think. Is there anyone else though? Galway maybe?

While that happens on extremely rare occasions in GAA, it is exactly that, a rarity. As Ger said, a total and completely unfair generalisation. In comparison to soime of the stuff you'd see Ronaldo, Drogba, Gerrard et al get up to on a weekly basis its practically non-existant.

Edit: just spotted your post above. Fair play. It is creeping in but thankfully its being well controlled.

I should also have said that when i used to go to league games it was happening more in football than hurling.

*Shakes head in deapair*

And we wonder why the country is in the state its in.

Careful now...

I have no faith in Galway after seeing them last Summer in thurles against Cork. Against an ageing team, down to fourteen men, the only one who hurled was Canning. the other 5 forwards were pathetic. Maybe being in Leinster will help them, but they'll need huge improvements to challenge.

As for Waterford, theres lost of discontent down here. Not a whole lot new coming through though Dan's brother Maurice is a goal machine. They'll probably still get to an All-Ireland semi, though and you never know after that.

Wonder what Justin will do with Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

What about Jamie Nagel or Richie Foley are they going to be any use dya think Flahavaj?

pingu_girl wrote: »
    What about Jamie Nagel or Richie Foley are they going to be any use dya think Flahavaj?

As a lad who came from nowhere last year Nagle did great. Tidy little hurler, got a few crucial scores as well. heard he might be going to a senior club which will help him no end.

Foley had a good league. Is he championship standard? Not sure. With Tony Browne and David Moran to come back I don;t think he'll be a starter. A good prospect though.

Didn't know you were a hurling woman pingu!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Jesus I'm not I wouldn't be into any of that real sport at all, just know the lads is all, went to school with em.

I have no faith in Galway after seeing them last Summer in thurles against Cork. Against an ageing team, down to fourteen men, the only one who hurled was Canning. the other 5 forwards were pathetic. Maybe being in Leinster will help them, but they'll need huge improvements to challenge.

As for Waterford, theres lost of discontent down here. Not a whole lot new coming through though Dan's brother Maurice is a goal machine. They'll probably still get to an All-Ireland semi, though and you never know after that.

Wonder what Justin will do with Limerick?

I dunno, Waterford can be great but jesus they can be desperate sometimes too. Its a pity, cos whenever 14 men play ****e, there's always one stand out. Like the All Ireland last year, as much as i dislike the man, John Mullane was incredible that day, given the chances they had. Is Maurice getting called up this year? I'd say this could be Dan's last year, if hes not starting on the bench this year. He was wicked inconsistant last year.

It's a pity Canning is with Galway, he's a man of unreal talent. Bit like Shocks with Limerick, but they're a better team by far. Couldn't tell ya what Justin's going to do up there, I hope they're drawn against Waterford in the Munster anyway!

Good luck with sobriety SR

Cheers
    I've actually kicked worse, this will be a piece of piss.
    And besides, i was off it for seven years once. This is my attempt at doing it again. :D

Swine Flu will ruin any chance Galway have of doing anything in the championship. Wait and see folks and watch out for pigs

It's a pity Canning is with Galway, he's a man of unreal talent. Bit like Shocks with Limerick, but they're a better team by far. Couldn't tell ya what Justin's going to do up there, I hope they're drawn against Waterford in the Munster anyway!

We are drawn against them! Grudge match of the year, justin vs the players that ditched them. I'll be there in Thurles, it will be sesimic.

We are drawn against them? Grudge match of the year, justin vs the players that ditched them. I'll be there in Thurles, it will be sesimic.

I couldn't tell ya! Speaking of grudges, is Ger McCarthy still alive? Jesus imagine if he was managing another team in munster, there'd be WAR if they were drawn against Cork!

I couldn't tell ya! Speaking of grudges, is Ger McCarthy still alive? Jesus imagine if he was managing another team in munster, there'd be WAR if they were drawn against Cork!

Sorry that should've been an exclamation mark not a question mark. We're playing them in the Munster semi, June 9th I think. Might see you there.;)

Isn't McCarthy on holiday courtesy of the Cork County Board?

Sorry that should've been an exclamation mark not a question mark. We're playing them in the Munster semi, June 9th I think. Might see you there.;)

Isn't McCarthy on holiday courtesy of the Cork County Board?

Haha yeah he's on a good long holiday too god love him. I'd have been in favour of him myself in that whole situation, but I'm just glad it's over, dragged on for ages.

What would I be doing going to that game at all? I'd say Waterford should take that one, Tipp-Waterford than in the final. Tipp walking away easy winners of course :) It'll be an interesting year for the GAA anyway

Linux-Desktop2.jpg

Got Linux installed on the desktop, too bad photobucket shunk the image down to hell! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Linux-Desktop2.jpg

Got Linux installed on the desktop, too bad photobucket shunk the image down to hell! :(

Wooooo. I likes.
    What linux is that? :pac:

Not ubuntu is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement