Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Even at a general schools level at getting children interested in the game, they are a distance ahead of other sports with the number of programmes they run.
    The only people to ever try and recruit in my primary school was the local cricket team. Dont think they were very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The only people to ever try and recruit in my primary school was the local cricket team. Dont think they were very successful.

In my experience the GAA are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anybody see the new star trek movie? Without giving away any of the plot i was just wondering if you thought it was any good.

Just wondering as i never liked star trek, saw the new movie and now find myself at home watching one of the star trek tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Haven't seen it myself, but it was recommended to me, despite the fact that i'm not a Star Trek fan. I might try and catch it over the weekend if i get the chance to draw a breath. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Haven't seen it myself, but it was recommended to me, despite the fact that i'm not a Star Trek fan. I might try and catch it over the weekend if i get the chance to draw a breath. :)

Well I had to be dragged to see it, so i won't suggest any non fan should go and see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

according to a friend of mine its the movie of the year so far, and has every opprtunity of giving the other summer blockbusters a run for their money. bold statement seeing as we have transformers and terminator comin out....oh and inglorious basterds which i'm really lookin forward to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

First 3 exams went surprisingly well but after an all nighter Monday for yesterdays exam and a late night last night I slept in until 4pm this evening and my brain has given up on me completely.

Ive been sitting in front of my notes on the computer with almost 3 hours with nothing going in, last exam tomorrow haven't a tap done for it.

Any tips ? apart from the obvious "get off boards"

Brain has died on me, and with Teaching practice coming up with this weekend and a case study up on Monday, i'm hoping a good nights rest will set me up for a brainstorm tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone watchin the United match? The crowd are hilariously on Ronaldo's back. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I really enjoyed Star Trek, after the abysmal Wolverine it was a great summer blockbuster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

according to a friend of mine its the movie of the year so far, and has every opprtunity of giving the other summer blockbusters a run for their money. bold statement seeing as we have transformers and terminator comin out....oh and inglorious basterds which i'm really lookin forward to!

Bruno FTW!

I'm looking forward to Bruno to be fair, any of the trailers i've seen so far were hilarious. :D

I love the direction they seem to have gone with Bruno, its on the same wavelength as Borat just not as controversial so i guess it means its more likeable.

Bruno_poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Loving the umlaut on the u. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Anybody see the new star trek movie? Without giving away any of the plot i was just wondering if you thought it was any good.

Just wondering as i never liked star trek, saw the new movie and now find myself at home watching one of the star trek tv shows.
    Saw it. Hated it. Made no sense. But then, I'm a Trekkie.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

C-B-G wrote: »
    I love the direction they seem to have gone with Bruno, its on the same wavelength as Borat just not as controversial so i guess it means its more likeable.

not as controversial? he picks up a black baby from the airport in a cardboard box and goes on a talk show calling it OJ......and he stages a bare knuckle cage fight that ends in a riot (that is gonna be hillarious)

not as controversial? he picks up a black baby from the airport in a cardboard box and goes on a talk show calling it OJ......and he stages a bare knuckle cage fight that ends in a riot (that is gonna be hillarious)

Exactly, not AS controversial ;)

Borat was completely antisemtic and poked fun at every kind of demographic.

This is just insulting to some gay people and black people (from that particular scene your on about!)

On an off topic note:

Fcukin GOLFERS!!! :mad::mad:

The irish open is just down the road from me and all the highty-tighty ignorant pricks that have taken the place over.

Arhhhhh....

[/RANT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Bounty Hunter: Does Phil Lynott count as a face turn? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Bounty Hunter: Does Phil Lynott count as a face turn? ;)

ahahhaha nice, very much so, everyone loved that dude

Score!
    One two hour lesson plan drawn up, covering seven topics. Done a lot quicker than i thought I would too. That gives me all of tomorrow to design the exercise sheets and worked examples. :D

Took six hours to do most of a two hour lesson plan. Whoever says teachers are overpaid are talking out their hole and have no idea how much work they have to put in outside of school hours, especially if they're given a new class.

I'm wrecked. I'm gonna take this well deserved break now. :D

• Advertisement

Thinking about investing in a new mp3 as the 30gb one is nearly full, whats the biggest mp3 going does anyone know? I saw a 120gb one on ebay. Any recomendations?

Thinking about investing in a new mp3 as the 30gb one is nearly full, whats the biggest mp3 going does anyone know? I saw a 120gb one on ebay. Any recomendations?

120 gb.

Apple ipod classic.

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

Pretty sure you can get them in currys these days for €200.

Was half considering getting one except ive had a creative for years now and ive filled my 30gb too :(

No point getting a new MP3 when it only holds the same amount.

C-B-G wrote: »
    120 gb.

Apple ipod classic.

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

Pretty sure you can get them in currys these days for €200.

Was half considering getting one except ive had a creative for years now and ive filled my 30gb too :(

No point getting a new MP3 when it only holds the same amount.

Good man yourself. Might have to invest in that soon enough, fingers crossed for a summer job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Anybody here watch Breaking Bad on FX?
    Trying to find out when Season 2 will be aired, no one seems to know on the TV forum...

Right guys, suck it in, because i'm ready to f*cking blow.

Since last Saturday, save for one day I was lucky to take off for a break, all i have done is work my f*cking ass off! I am mentally burnt out and on the verge of a mass killing spree.

My sanity has f*cked off and took the bus headed in the opposite direction that I've been going all week. So I will share my pain, I feel it's only fair. :)

- On Saturday and Sunday, i sat in on some fellow students doing their teaching practice, and whilst it was somewhat informative, i've also seen some of the mistakes that can happen, either by lack of preparation, or inadequete college facilities that obviously, are beyond my control. As a result of the taking mental notes, i also pretty much sh*t a brick, knowing full well, that was going to be me on that podium one week from that Sunday.

- College on Monday, and it turns out I was nowhere near prepared for my ICT case study exam, so that was back to the drawing board. I've also been told that for my teaching practice on Sunday, i'll need to use at least one visual aid. I wasn't prepared for that, for two reasons.

1) My handwriting is utter bollocks, so using a whiteboard is out of the question
    2) The rooms are too bright at 2pm to even consider a projector and screen, the guys I sat in fell into that trap and found the facility completely unusable.

... and people wonder why I've been in crap humour this week, eh?

- Distressed, distraught and discomforted, I took tuesday off. A friend came up and we hit the bars and coffee shops of Dublin, i'm still off booze, and while i've no problem walking into a bar and asking for a non alcoholic Erdinger, it would help if i was able to drown out the disaster that has been the weekend and Monday, but whatever. The gig was awesome and got to meet the performer after. Much as i'd love to talk about that, despite the fact that Aitken promoted it, it took place in a venue that's banned from discussion here, so that's the end of that.

- Wednesday, my better half comes back from work sick as a dog and barely able to function. So that leaves me playing Florence Nightengale for the day. I've no problem with that at all, she's done it for me several times in the past, but unfortunately my friend was up for both days, and I had to leave her in Dublin on her own for the day. Needless to say i'm guilty if i went in or didn't. So i had to pick the one who would be most likely not to hang it on my head for weeks later. So i arrange to meet her the next morning for breakfast before she heads home.

- I go through my lesson plan, to discover to my horror that i have nowhere near the amount of work I had planned to cover the two hour class on Sunday! Under the normal run of things, i'd be tearing my hair out at this point, only i don't got none! If i wasn't going bald through natural courses, i'd be going bald from stress at this point! Lesson plan finalised for the day. It's gonna be a long thursday and friday!

- After an early night on Wednesday, i'm up relatively early on Thursday, with the intention of getting in for 9, only the Harristown Triangle strikes again (where you see a rake load of buses going in that direction of Harristown Garage, but they ain't coming back out of there!). I hate those lazy, unmotivated shower of c*nts! Phibsborough Garage should never have been touched, at least Dublin Bus provided a decent service when i lived in Finglas, but since I moved, and Phibsborough drivers moved to Harristown, it's gone to complete and utter sh*t. I wait for about 25 minutes in the pissing rain on a damn bus, that C R A W L S into town. I'd have been quicker getting out of the stupid thing, decking and knocking out the driver and pushing the bus into town! That's how slow we were running.

And if another country dweller tells me how good we have it up here with the public transport service, i'll knock their teeth in too!!

- I make it in... at 9.30! And her bus is at 11am. Thankfully we're still able to do breakfast. So i order my morning mocha, she has a smoothie, and we're wondering where the f*ck our bagels are?! About 15 minutes later, i ask. Of course, the staff forgot about us. I kept my cool, going nuts in there wasn't going to serve a purpose. There's nothing to do in Dublin at 10am on a weekday morning in the pissing rain anyway and we weren't far from her bus stop so it worked to our advantage to stay in the place as long as we could. So we discussed the gig, plans for the rest of the week, 11pm comes and she goes.

- I should have gone home there shouldn't I? Nah, i end up visiting a mate and dropping in a CD to him. I should have gone straight away, but no. I talked for bloody hours. I made it back home for 4pm!!

- I get stuck into the 2 hour plan at 4.30 and save for a 20 minute break to eat something at around 7.30pm, i finish up at 10.30pm. Now we're talking. I was prepared for an all nighter, mocha at the ready! Which brings us to...

TODAY!

- .... and i get writers block! I'm supposed to be knocking exercise sheets and worked examples out of the f*cking park, but i've only gotten 4 out of 6 done. This sh*t is in for Sunday, and i still have to prep and double check everything for Sunday, which is what i'm hoping tomorrow will be used for. I feel like a hermit because save for two days out of the guts of the past week, i've been stuck in this poxy apartment in sh*t mood.

- I'm dropping up to a mate to fix his laptop in a few hours, and why am I doing it?

BECAUSE I NEED THE F*CKING BREAK! Yes, only good ol' SR fixes laptops for a break!

No amount of facepalms can express how i'm feeling right now. I'm physically and psychologically drained, and here's the worst thing about it.

For taught lessons, i have to do this all again next week. And on top of all this, once Sunday is over with and done, i have to go back to the books cos my f*cking case study is on the following monday.

Load up the f*cking guns, because russian roulette is very tempting right now.
    And i'm done. Thanks for reading!

DUDE! the rant and rave forum would love you man . Thanks for sharing, its always good to get things out of your head and on paper (Or in this case boards).

All i can say is even though your not at the point you would like to be this week, you still have got a hell of alot done. Well done on that and good luck with the tasks you have left.

Hah, you should read my public transport rants, those are quality!
    Felt good to get it all off my chest though.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hah, you should read my public transport rants, those are quality!
    Felt good to get it all off my chest though.

When i get really miffed i always write it out on paper and it makes me feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

fingers crossed for a summer job

You, me and tens of thousands of others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Little Shyte on the lookout too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement