Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thank feck I missed the Eurovision, went to the cinema and pub instead lol.

Oh and City are still top of the league, i'm happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I was subjected to the bloody eurovision. I was under the impression that they all had to sing live in it but there seemed to be some really obvious miming going on.

You couldn't bring yourself to avert your eyes, could you amacachi? :P

Would think most of them mimed anyway. Joke of a competition imo, what is the point?! Neighbouring countries just show favourtism to one another in the end.

You couldn't bring yourself to avert your eyes, could you amacachi? :P

Would think most of them mimed anyway. Joke of a competition imo, what is the point?! Neighbouring countries just show favourtism to one another in the end.

Can ya blame me?
    ditah.jpg

:P

I love how people give out about the "political voting" as if it's a new thing, it's always been the same ffs. Plus the fact that Andorra's vote is worth as much as Germany's, with less than 80,000 people living there.

Ah well, thank the Lord for NASCAR, some proper competition. :P

Ah yeah, can't blame ya there.....the guy's shiny trousers are fairly fetching alright :P

I know it's always been that way, but just nothing has changed. I just can't stand the Eurovision overall :)

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, can't blame ya there.....the guy's shiny trousers are fairly fetching alright :P

I know it's always been that way, but just nothing has changed. I just can't stand the Eurovision overall :)

I'm like a Magpie. :P

Sometimes it can be decent if ya just turn your mind off, but not even that made it enjoyable this year. :P Terry Wogan leaving just ruined the last good thing about it.

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm like a Magpie. :P

Sometimes it can be decent if ya just turn your mind off, but not even that made it enjoyable this year. :P Terry Wogan leaving just ruined the last good thing about it.

:pac:

I suppose so, especially if in need of some cheesiness lol. Oh long gone are the years when it was the only entertaining thing on tv around my birthday, thankfully :pac:

Forgot Wogan was gone, Norton doing it now isn't it?!

:pac:

I suppose so, especially if in need of some cheesiness lol. Oh long gone are the years when it was the only entertaining thing on tv around my birthday, thankfully :pac:

Forgot Wogan was gone, Norton doing it now isn't it?!

Another year older are you? :P

Yeah Norton doing it, not great. Though when Malta were about to start and the introduction video was rolling he said "She's a lovely lady, never met a malteser she didn't like." So of course a plump lady then comes out and starts singing. :P Only semi-entertaining thing he did or said all night.

Another year older are you? :P

Yeah Norton doing it, not great. Though when Malta were about to start and the introduction video was rolling he said "She's a lovely lady, never met a malteser she didn't like." So of course a plump lady then comes out and starts singing. :P Only semi-entertaining thing he did or said all night.

Next weekend :/

lol, sounds, eh, entertaining :pac: Now even more glad that I didn't catch it :p

Next weekend :/

lol, sounds, eh, entertaining :pac: Now even more glad that I didn't catch it :p

The big four-o yeah? :pac:

What did ya see in the cinema? Haven't been in ages, nothing's really appealed to me in a while.

• Advertisement

The big four-o yeah? :pac:

What did ya see in the cinema? Haven't been in ages, nothing's really appealed to me in a while.

Oh yeah, ya know too well :pac: lol, I have a bit to go yet :P

Not much on in the cinema that I'd want to see either really, although some decent ones coming out over the summer that I want to check out.

Went to see Angels and Demons, thought it was good. My friend that I went with had read the book and said that some bits were different, but she really liked it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Eurovision camp cheesiness rules. Weak enough alright this year but enough to keep be interested like Azerbaijan girls legs, Estonia girl, British girl getting hit by the violin player, the minute silence, Ukraine vote girl cleavage etc. Nothing near the quality of last years pirate/crazy clothesline/operatic devil angels/ rapping pensioner delights though.

Oh yeah, ya know too well :pac: lol, I have a bit to go yet :P

Not much on in the cinema that I'd want to see either really, although some decent ones coming out over the summer that I want to check out.

Went to see Angels and Demons, thought it was good. My friend that I went with had read the book and said that some bits were different, but she really liked it anyway.
    When it comes to age the worst thing for me about going bald is that I'm gonna have to shave my face more often, otherwise I'm going to look about 60 rather than 20. :P
    Not a fan of Dan Brown at all, Angels and Demons doesn't look like my kind of thing at all. Seen anything decent the last while?
    Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Eurovision camp cheesiness rules. Weak enough alright this year but enough to keep be interested like Azerbaijan girls legs, Estonia girl, British girl getting hit by the violin player, the minute silence, Ukraine vote girl cleavage etc. Nothing near the quality of last years pirate/crazy clothesline/operatic devil angels/ rapping pensioner delights though.

Missed the British entry. The eejit with the minute's silence was so daft, the ma wasn't really paying attention and just saw him standing in silence with his hand on his chest, thought somethin major had happened. :P
    The brit get a good smack from the violin? :P If I ever met her there's no way I'd ask her what time it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Was the daft cow's own fault, her leaning right into him warbling away while he's concentrating trying to fiddle up a treat and he hits her with the bow. Fair play she kept going like nothing happened but it sure made the song more interesting.

God I need to get out more :p

When it comes to age the worst thing for me about going bald is that I'm gonna have to shave my face more often, otherwise I'm going to look about 60 rather than 20. :P
    Not a fan of Dan Brown at all, Angels and Demons doesn't look like my kind of thing at all. Seen anything decent the last while?

Not something I would have to worry about, but good luck with that :pac:

Last film I saw in the cinema before that was either The Boat That Rocked or Mall Cop, both of which I thought were good enough. Last DVD would have been Role Models, which was a good comedy, the kid in it is so funny along with McLovin :pac:

Not something I would have to worry about, but good luck with that :pac:

Last film I saw in the cinema before that was either The Boat That Rocked or Mall Cop, both of which I thought were good enough. Last DVD would have been Role Models, which was a good comedy, the kid in it is so funny along with McLovin :pac:

I really hope that first sentence comes back to bite you in the ass! Nah not really. :P

Aye, Role Models looks good, must get that somewhere. Was The Boat That Rocked a typical british film? I never like them for some reason.

That lad is always going to be McLovin. :D Superbad is such a legend of a film, thought it was going to be **** but then watched it one night and 3 times the next day with different people who came around to the house. A full day of that plus good company and copious amounts of alcohol and stuff, excellent day. :P

I really hope that first sentence comes back to bite you in the ass! Nah not really. :P

Aye, Role Models looks good, must get that somewhere. Was The Boat That Rocked a typical british film? I never like them for some reason.

That lad is always going to be McLovin. :D Superbad is such a legend of a film, thought it was going to be **** but then watched it one night and 3 times the next day with different people who came around to the house. A full day of that plus good company and copious amounts of alcohol and stuff, excellent day. :P

:( Aw, don't say that :P

I guess it would be, especially with the line-up that it has and the fact that it is by the same creator of Four Weddings, Notting Hill and Love Actually.

It'll stick with him throughout his career for sure lol "McLovin? What kind of a stupid name is that, Fogell? What, are you trying to be an Irish R&B singer?"...classic :pac:

It'll stick with him throughout his career for sure lol "McLovin? What kind of a stupid name is that, Fogell? What, are you trying to be an Irish R&B singer?"...classic :pac:

He's certainly white enough to be irish. :P Also apparently his ma had to be on set for his sex scene in Superbad because of his age. :P

If any of ye have Sky and aren't watching the NASCAR you just missed out on 3 unbelievable laps of racing, 7 more to go once they tidy the oil off the track after the crash just now. :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

First things first...
    "I AM MCLOVIN'!" I would love to have that name, i'm gonna get my name changed by depole. Shawn McLovin' has a nice ring to it, I think. :D

Hrm, not sure it works that way dude. I've been balding since I was 20 (first at the back, then the hairline started to go about two years ago), but my facial hair hasn't accelerated at all. Raw blade once a week keeps the head in check.

Sean Connery was once voted sexiest man in the world...
    ... he has my haircut. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It may be almost 20 years ago but i havent smiled as much as i did while wayching this in a long time. Everything from Bill in studio to the entire Irish nation taking the piss as only those just leaving the 80s could, it was all new to us goddammit :D

• Advertisement

I love the way people talk about leaving the 80s behind as if it was some sort of achievement! Considering the crap we put up with in the 90s. Allow me to remind you.

Clothing:

Puma and Adidas shiny happy tracksuits
    NAFFCO54
    SUSST
    Even Dungarees made a f*cking comeback in the early 90s!

Music:
    2 Unlimited
    Culture Beat
    Take That
    Boyzone
    B*Witched
    Spice Girls
    Snap!
    Hell, even Cliff Richard wouldn't go away in the 1990s!

Food:
    Pop Tarts - Seriously?!
    Coco Pops were renamed Choco Krispies for a brief period only to be renamed back to Coco Pops quick sharp.

Pro Wrestling had it's worst years ever from 1992-1996, especially both WWE and WCW, even ECW's stuff in 92-93 was fairly abysmal.

Mike Tyson was never so hungry he had to resort to biting peoples ears off in the 80s
    And finally, in my honest opinion, more important musicians kicked the bucket in the 90s than they did in the 80s. Freddie Mercury being the first one to come to mind.

Yeah, the 90s sucked donkeys, sorry!
    By comparison, i'm actually glad I was a kid growing up through the 80s, we weren't a money hungry, greed driven country back then and nobody gave a crap. By the time mid 90s pre Celtic Tiger came along, People stopped caring about each others well being and started thinking "me me me".

Which is why I don't feel sorry for the same c*nts who are now crying "recession" after losing so much. Because what goes around comes around. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Everyone set for the Season Finale of Lost tonight? After last weeks episode set it up so well, I can't wait to see it!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I love the way people talk about leaving the 80s behind as if it was some sort of achievement! Considering the crap we put up with in the 90s. Allow me to remind you....

Which is why I don't feel sorry for the same c*nts who are now crying "recession" after losing so much. Because what goes around comes around. :)

hahhaha i only mentioned the 80s cos of the look of the clothes, tv studio etc in the video, but you never do miss a good opportunity for a rant tho do you :pac:
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    Everyone set for the Season Finale of Lost tonight? After last weeks episode set it up so well, I can't wait to see it!

Watched it last Thursday night...no spoilers... check out my bored ramblings about it on the lost forum after, i posted it in a seperate thread as i thought it was too long to be in the normal thread but tbh as ive said i consider it bored ramblings yet somehow on my last check about 10 people had thanked the original post and one guy said i coulda robbed it off the writers desk, which def gave me a good chuckle.

hahhaha i only mentioned the 80s cos of the look of the clothes, tv studio etc in the video, but you never do miss a good opportunity for a rant tho do you :pac:

Oh dont get me wrong, i wasn't singling you out. But if i see another 15 year old kid (who bear in mind, wasn't even born in the f*cking 80s), advocating how much they love the 80s.

- I will wring their f*cking neck
    - I will have no bones about letting them know I SURVIVED the 80s
    - I will have no bones about letting them know that it sucked the first time around
    - I will then toss them on the rail tracks in front of an oncoming train whilst saying "I ain't living through that again", while dusting my hands off.

All you knacker-neon wearing f*cks... lock and load!
    As bad as the 80s were though, the 90s were still much worse. :D

Watched it last Thursday night...no spoilers... check out my bored ramblings about it on the lost forum after, i posted it in a seperate thread as i thought it was too long to be in the normal thread but tbh as ive said i consider it bored ramblings yet somehow on my last check about 10 people had thanked the original post and one guy said i coulda robbed it off the writers desk, which def gave me a good chuckle.

I will do. 8 o clock cant come fast enough for me today! I think I heard that it was a bit of a let down, was it as good as you expected? Without spoilers...

Well the thing is your expectation, some were dissapointed but admittidly they expected it to blow their minds while as always a season finale is two episodes which are better than normal ones atleast, and a hell of a lot of crazy crap does happen, some big questions are answer which of course knowing lost means you have even more new questions about the answers. It really gathers pace as it goes to a climax ending as any season finale does but the reveals arent all at the end.

dunno if that helps but without spoilin i obviously cant go into detail and lost is something which as you will see if you do read that thread i can talk crap about for ages even when it isnt at its best kinda like wrestling i suppose (not to suggest the finale isnt it at its best). So I will avoid saying too much

Also watched the end of Prison break and although the series got worse with each passing season, the finale is worth a watch if you used to like the show.

DISCLAIMER:
    Spoilers are at posters discretion here to be honest.There's a big f*ck off warning in the topic, so if anyones viewing gets spoilt, it's their own fault for coming in here instead of waiting for a few hours. :D

Well the thing is your expectation, some were dissapointed but admittidly they expected it to blow their minds while as always a season finale is two episodes which are better than normal ones atleast, and a hell of a lot of crazy crap does happen, some big questions are answer which of course knowing lost means you have even more new questions about the answers. It really gathers pace as it goes to a climax ending as any season finale does but the reveals arent all at the end.

dunno if that helps but without spoilin i obviously cant go into detail and lost is something which as you will see if you do read that thread i can talk crap about for ages even when it isnt at its best kinda like wrestling i suppose (not to suggest the finale isnt it at its best). So I will avoid saying too much

Also watched the end of Prison break and although the series got worse with each passing season, the finale is worth a watch if you used to like the show.

That's always the way with Lost, big questions are answered then they throw even bigger ones at you. Can't believe after tonight there's only 1 series left.

Never really got into Prision Break for some reason. The main fella in it annoys me, I dunno why, I think it's cos his eyebrows never move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

I just looked at the first ever episode of 24, never seen it before, but judging by the first episode I'll be seeing a lot more f it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

OrtonViper wrote: »
    I just looked at the first ever episode of 24, never seen it before, but judging by the first episode I'll be seeing a lot more f it.

Do. It's definitely worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement