Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hrm, not sure it works that way dude. I've been balding since I was 20 (first at the back, then the hairline started to go about two years ago), but my facial hair hasn't accelerated at all. Raw blade once a week keeps the head in check.

Sean Connery was once voted sexiest man in the world...
    ... he has my haircut. :D

Just meant that I'm gonna be a slaphead pretty soon and having a beard with that is just gonna look stupid.
    Really not looking forward to trying to shave my head, I take lumps out of my face anytime I try that, and I can usually see what I'm at with it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

The 80's had the best of everything in my opinion. Ive always wished I was a teenager in the 80's. Also think the 90's were much better than the 00's, and baldness can be very sexy, that is all.

pingu_girl wrote: »
    The 80's had the best of everything in my opinion. Ive always wished I was a teenager in the 80's. Also think the 90's were much better than the 00's, and baldness can be very sexy, that is all.

Well I'm 100% fine whether my hair is long or short, it's my personality that shines through, coz that's all women look for eh? :P Well, that and not being on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Man 24 is great, I only started watching it this morning and I'm on episode 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The first series is very good, and it stays strong for a few seasons, but the last few have been awful.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The first series is very good, and it stays strong for a few seasons, but the last few have been awful.:(

Season 6 was fairly crappy but still better than most things on TV. The latest season is definitely a return to form.

I love all the HBO shows too, all of em are top class and hard hitting. Oz, The Wire and Deadwood are all amazing. Of course The Sopranos too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Really not looking forward to trying to shave my head, I take lumps out of my face anytime I try that, and I can usually see what I'm at with it. :P

Basically don't attack a hedge with a pair of scissors.

Use an electric shaver to shave you down to stubble, then you attack the stubble with the Bic. You don't need your eyes for the back of it, you shave it for a few minutes (to make sure you don't miss a bit) and then you go by touch.

Do it once, and you'll do it a hundred times. :)

amacachi wrote: »
    Well I'm 100% fine whether my hair is long or short, it's my personality that shines through, coz that's all women look for eh? :P Well, that and not being on the dole.

Dude, tell me you don't think all women are that shallow. ;)

Ha of course not, it also helps if you've the cock of a horse or the tongue of a lizard :pac:

Ha of course not, it also helps if you've the cock of a horse or the tongue of a lizard :pac:

So that's why you're not gettin' some then! :pac:

• Advertisement

Haha good one! I guess I just got ****ed there though :pac:

Haha good one! I guess I just got ****ed there though :pac:

And before anyone tries to report my post.
    ShawnRaven didn't screw Dez... DEZ SCREWED DEZ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

I've just watched the Lost season 5 finale again, trying to make sense of it all. I won't give anything away but i thought it was a bit of a disappointment to be honest.

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    I've just watched the Lost season 5 finale again, trying to make sense of it all. I won't give anything away but i thought it was a bit of a disappointment to be honest.

I've known this guy four years now and he's been hooked on Lost from the getgo. So if this guy's disappointed with the finale, you can take it to the bank that it's gonna absolutely suck!

Oh yeah.
    Nailed the teaching practice btw, All 1's and 2's (1 being good, 2 being satisfactory and 3 being unsatisfactory). The two hour lesson flew in. Only one more of these and i'm done. :D

So i'm on top of the f*cking world right now, even if i am psychologically drained! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can I be a mod SR :pac: Worth a try anyways

Nah, only 55% of them. ;)http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0410/1224244361038.html

Can I be a mod SR :pac: Worth a try anyways

Nobody asks to be mod, (well they do, they just don't get any serious responses back), it's a case of you get asked.

And well... let's just say that as busy as I am, i'm not so busy that i can't make time for PW once or twice a day, and that'll end in a weeks time. So i'm in no hurry to step down. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ScumdogV2 wrote: »

What could you have possibly been disappointed by?

DON'T DRINK THE WATER, DON'T DRINK THE WATER!

Seriously, this is where the real talent of The Darkness went to, Dan Hawkins with power riffs! Justin Hawkins and Hot Leg can shove their sh*tty album up their ass. Been listening to the Stone Gods album for the guts of two months and i'm still not tired of it. :D

Love the subtle ripoff of The Who at the very end of it too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I forgot about them Darkness lads altogether. They arent half bad sounding at all. Must look up more of them.

Im even more surprised to hear Justin has his own thing goin now. This PhD is nothing more than a giant rock that i live under now...

Brow wrote: »
    I forgot about them Darkness lads altogether. They arent half bad sounding at all. Must look up more of them.

Im even more surprised to hear Justin has his own thing goin now. This PhD is nothing more than a giant rock that i live under now...

Basically Hawkins came out of rehab and went and told everyone in a press conference that The Darkness were no more.

Unfortunately, his brother Dan and the rest of the band were the last to know!

So Hawkins went on to form Hot Leg, and former Darkness bassist, Richie Edwards took on guitar duty and vocals so they're essentially going just under the name of Stone Gods. Both of which released albums around the same time. So you'll either prefer one or the other really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

thanks for that shawn, didnt know they were still goin without justin (and i have never been impressed with his "solo efforts" or hot leg) that song is awesome alright ill have to check out more!

thanks for that shawn, didnt know they were still goin without justin (and i have never been impressed with his "solo efforts" or hot leg) that song is awesome alright ill have to check out more!

Stone Gods - Silver Spoons And Broken Bones. Add it to your collection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

if that single is anything to go by ill defo have to pick it up!

if that single is anything to go by ill defo have to pick it up!

It's very mixed. There are some fun ones, fast ones, catchy ones, cheesy ballads. Very much like Permission To Land in the way of format, but not in sound, if that makes any sense.

And by someone who has more that one high squeaky pitch tone throughout the entire album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Angels & Demons; yay or nay? Or should I just wait until Friday when Drag Me To Hell comes out?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Angels & Demons; yay or nay? Or should I just wait until Friday when Drag Me To Hell comes out?

Heard it is one of the best films coming out this summer.

Not as "Grrr, the catholics are BAAAD!" but a very good mystery thriller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

C-B-G wrote: »
    Heard it is one of the best films coming out this summer.

Not as "Grrr, the catholics are BAAAD!" but a very good mystery thriller.

:eek: Really? That's the first positive thing that I've heard.:P

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :eek: Really? That's the first positive thing that I've heard.:P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_and_Demons_(film)#Critical_reception

The best question i heard about it was this:

"What sorta films are you in to?"

Its a case of personal preference.

If you like dramas then go for it, if you dont, stay well away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement