Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hated this song for a while.
    But its listen-able here:
    :)
    Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Another good song ruined!

Also, Sonic has certainly changed since I last watched/played it. Why the f**k do they have to use that stupid ass animation now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

C-B-G wrote: »
    Heard it is one of the best films coming out this summer.

Not as "Grrr, the catholics are BAAAD!" but a very good mystery thriller.

I liked it not the kind of film i'd typically see but it was enjoyble what is the worst that could happen for a fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

C-B-G wrote: »
    Heard it is one of the best films coming out this summer.

Not as "Grrr, the catholics are BAAAD!" but a very good mystery thriller.

A mystery thriller it aint, go see Star Trek instead, besides this summer belongs to one Mr Bay with Transformers 2

Lots or raining, lots of thunder :( I am a total pussy when it comes to thunder. Apparently, there's supposed to be some lightning too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

We had a fairly intense thunderstorm there around 5 o'clock, big puddles in the back garden, worst I've seen in the 12 years since it was redone. Loads of thunder and lightning too. :)

. . . and as quick as it came, it's gone. It'll probably be back in about five minutes, the weather has been very erratic the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hrm, i noticed nothing. That said i've been tinkering around with laptops and PC's all day so I probably wouldn't when i'm in that frame of mind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Better not rain too much tomorrow when I visit the big smoke. I'll use it as an excuse to go to a pub to stay dry and I'm hoping not to spend too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Angels & Demons; yay or nay? Or should I just wait until Friday when Drag Me To Hell comes out?

Went to see Angels & Demons on Saturday night and I thought it was quite good. My friend, that I went with, loved the book and thought the film was brilliant but did say that there were some differences between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

thought angels and demons was the worst film i have seen in a long time...just wanted to walk out.

A terrible movie based on a terrible book, well actually its not a terrible book the idea is ok but Dan Brown is an awful,awful writer

I just finished reading Meg, its been in movie development hell for a few years and it seemed interesting, total airport book and it knows it but a fun read, how its taken this long to get the movie greenlit is beyond me, the opening scene is a 60 foot shark attacking and eating a T-Rex, that was me sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As much as I'd like to think that the summer belongs to Transformers 2, nothing will outperform Terminator 4 at the box office. It's what fans have been waiting for since T2. Check out the new four minute trailer:

:D

Many Transformers fans (not me) were put off by the first live action movie and simply won't go to a cinema to see this one. It does look good from the trailers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

When is that out in Ireland? Same as the States a lá Batman last year or what?

Did not even know a 4th one was being made tbh. I look forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must get booking tickets then

T4 is getting awful early reviews though, 27% on rottentomatoes, even Harry Knowles, fanboy of fanboys, hated it, theres a 10 min clip on youtube as well its looks pretty crap tbh, and a PG rated Terminator just isnt a Terminator movie, and it was made by the guy who directed Charlies Angels....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Agreed. It's not gritty looking enough and is rumoured to be released as a 12's movie.

T2 is one of my favourite films of all time and I completely avoided number three as I knew it'd be crap! I'm not sure about this one though as Bale is probably my favourite actor.

The other ones arent exactly what you'd call gritty either, the first maybe as it was made on a shoestring budget but T2 and T3 respectively were the most expensive movies ever made at their production times, T3 is ok, its got some horrible moments where it pokes fun at itself but the action is solid and it has a pretty ballsy ending for a hollywood sequel ,plus the truck chase sequence is still fantastic, T2 on the other hand is an absolute classic.

Cant wait for James Camerons Avatar either, Cameron, doing sci-fi, starring Sigourney Weaver, with a €250 million dollar budget, if theres one thing cinema lacks these days its James Cameron movies, he hasnt made anything aside from documentaries since Titanic 12 years ago

Looks like Terminator Salvation is a wait for rental job then. :D

• Advertisement

People still rent DVD's? The last thing I rented was a WCW video quite some years back.

Out of curiousity, who here still rents?

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    People still rent DVD's? The last thing I rented was a WCW video quite some years back.

The one euro, one movie, one night deal that Xtravision are doing at the moment is pretty tempting, but I haven't rented a film in about two years now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The one euro, one movie, one night deal that Xtravision are doing at the moment is pretty tempting, but I haven't rented a film in about two years now.

How much is dah?

ScumdogV2 wrote: »

I still rent. I didn't buy a 42" screen two years ago to sit hunched infront of a PC or laptop with tinny speakers to watch a badly encoded, jerky scrolling divx. :)

Woo WOO Woo! You KNOW it! Brilliant.......

rent? alien concept to me, pay xtravision 6 quid or however much to watch a movie once or pay the same when it goes on sale to keep it forever, I worked in HMV for years so amassed a pretty decent dvd collection through staff discounts (30% off everything except consoles, including sale pices) god I miss that part of working there, I havent bought a new dvd since before christmas, last thing I got was the Battlestar Galactica boxset for 39 quid and I had a 30 euro voucher to to spend on that :)

DM-ICE wrote: »
    How much is dah?

I see a "thanks" button, but I see no "punch" button.

Woo WOO Woo! You KNOW it! Brilliant.......
    You KNOW it! :D

amacachi wrote: »
    I see a "thanks" button, but I see no "punch" button.

Treat it as a thumb to the eye.

Hate that fraking ad, may as well share the burden of hate

• Advertisement

Treat it as a thumb to the eye.

Hate that fraking ad, may as well share the burden of hate

I wish all dub accents didn't sound the same to me so that I might recognise that ****'s voice some day and break his nose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement