Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

amacachi wrote: »
    I wish all dub accents didn't sound the same to me so that I might recognise that ****'s voice some day and break his nose.

Rather find what marketing team came up with the retched thing :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Just discovered that RebelRockChick has a poster of Simon f*cking Cowell on her bedroom wall.

All credibility just went out the window! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Just discovered that RebelRockChick has a poster of Simon f*cking Cowell on her bedroom wall.

How did you end up there!!?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

:eek: SOOOO DON'T!!!

flahavaj wrote: »
    How did you end up there!!?:p

Ah. Skype and a webcam!
    Woo woo woooo, you KNOW it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

End of year exams tomorrow.

Technical Drawing, Physics and Business Studies :mad:

End of year exams tomorrow.

Technical Drawing, Physics and Business Studies :mad:

Oh man, i loved techy drawing.
    Pythagoras Theorem:

In any right angled triangle, the number of squares on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of squares on the other two sides.

About the only theorem I could remember. But it was the one question that I did for my Inter Cert (last class to do that before it became the Junior Cert) Tech Drawing exam that passed me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is it just Galway or are Tech Drawing teachers the most interesting people ever? I've had 2. One of them quit after he cut his thumb off in the woodwork room and the second one has a brutal lisp.

You gotta love tech :)

In my old secondary, the tech drawing teacher is a politician.

Take that either way you want....

C-B-G wrote: »
    In my old secondary, the tech drawing teacher is a politician.

Take that either way you want....

I feel sorry for him if he's Fianna Failure. They're so not getting back in at next general election, and i think the EU election will reflect how a lot of people feel about them at the moment.

Our tech drawing teacher had black hair, but a ginger beard. Very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

My careers teacher was/is a politician. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My former career guidance guy and previous to that accounting teacher is now the Irish rugby manager.

gimmick wrote: »
    My former career guidance guy and previous to that accounting teacher is now the Irish rugby manager.

So wait, just to clear this up..

Your on about Declan Kidney? :eek:

That's pretty cool.

Yup. Its funny, because as an accounting teacher he was a complete and utter jerk. Sarcastic beyond belief and an all round tool. He then went and took a year off and did the career guidance course during this I think. We all feared he would be a bitter shít in this role when he came back. How wrong were we. He was unbelievably helpful and a general very nice guy. Complete about turn.

Of course, anything was better than the previous incumbent in that job. He basically told me in 4th year that I was wasting my parents money and my own time in school, that even pass English was above me etc etc etc. I smiled when I learned of his death. Funny thing was, I got a B1 in honours English. It was always my best subject. That and History.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I feel sorry for him if he's Fianna Failure. They're so not getting back in at next general election, and i think the EU election will reflect how a lot of people feel about them at the moment.

yeah they are baring the brunt of the blame game for the "r-word" as if it was all their fault, ive got news for ya people....it wasnt! sure they didnt help matters but everyone was lovin them when times were good and now hates them the moment they have to tighten the purse strings (sad fact is if these same people continued spending we may not be as bad) they blame fianna fail (no fáda) for the economic situation as if it was their choice that the country would be fcuked! :rolleyes: i hate the blame game because the climate didnt turn because of one single entitiy so stop pointing fingers and deal with it! [/rant]
    Our tech drawing teacher had black hair, but a ginger beard. Very odd.

haha! my tech drawing teacher in junior cert year had the biggest stutter of all time, he would contantly get stuck on the word "the".....said it about 100 times in the middle of a sentence, crazy guy, but he was alright!

oh yeah and one more thing....
    I smiled when I learned of his death.

dude thats a fcukin horrible thing to say, i dont care what beef you had with the guy or if he was mean to you about your grades/possibilities saying something like that is horrible!

Yes, it is a horrible thing to say, but that is but one instance of the guy totally demeaning fellas in our school. I will not apologise, nor do I expect anyone to agree with me.

they blame fianna fail (no fáda) for the economic situation as if it was their choice that the country would be fcuked! :rolleyes: i hate the blame game because the climate didnt turn because of one single entitiy so stop pointing fingers and deal with it! [/rant]

Nobody blames them for putting us here, but everyone blames them for not having a contingency plan for when it all went tits up, and rightfully so. Given that we went down this road before, we should have learned. Fianna Failure had no backup plan, no contingency plan, all they did was spend us into oblivion, and as a result of their incompetency, Cowen is now trying to tax us out of this crisis with a half-assed plan that clearly isn't working.

It's not a case of the blame game, and it is clearly a case of an incompetent government that only looked after themselves instead of planning ahead back ten years ago when the boom had hit it's peak. Which is exactly why we're in the mess we're in now, while Canada is laughing their asses off saying "surely you dumb f*ckers saw this sh*t coming?"

But then, how much extra did you get shafted on tax and levies this year?
    dude thats a fcukin horrible thing to say, i dont care what beef you had with the guy or if he was mean to you about your grades/possibilities saying something like that is horrible!

This I will agree on, but i'll take comfort in the fact that there'll be more than likely someone out there saying the exact same thing about him, in time to come.

Strange question here, but has anyone ever got any furniture off argos before?

Im looking at this:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6272447/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|12158564/c_2/2|cat_12158564|Sofas+and+chairs|12158748/c_3/3|cat_12158748|Leather+recliners|12158774.htm?Price+Cut=1

But i will be more than likely moving into an apartment soon thats a few floors up and no lift.

On the page it says minimum assembly required, is that mean it could be flat packed or wha?

Yes, it is a horrible thing to say, but that is but one instance of the guy totally demeaning fellas in our school. I will not apologise, nor do I expect anyone to agree with me.

BULL SH*T! If anyone else had said that, you'd have been the first to report it!
    :P Jesus, you really are a hypocrite at the best of times. I'm sorry, but this has to be said. But it's statements like your above one that really expose you as the "moany bastid from Cork who talks out of both sides of his mouth"

It's not a case of the blame game, and it is clearly a case of an incompetent government that only looked after themselves instead of planning ahead back ten years ago when the boom had hit it's peak. Which is exactly why we're in the mess we're in now, while Canada is laughing their asses off saying "surely you dumb f*ckers saw this sh*t coming?"

And thats a perfect reason to why no one will vote them back in, its not like if they didnt have one they are magically going to make one now.

• Advertisement

Strange question here, but has anyone ever got any furniture off argos before?

Yep, we got our suite from em. They pretty much get their stuff from Homebase.
    But i will be more than likely moving into an apartment soon thats a few floors up and no lift.

More than likely they'll get you to confirm stuff like that before they deliver it.
    On the page it says minimum assembly required, is that mean it could be flat packed or wha?

For our suite, the only thing we had to do was attach the feet at the end of the couches, so the chances are that's all you'll have to do as well.

Nobody blames them for putting us here, but everyone blames them for not having a contingency plan for when it all went tits up, and rightfully so. Given that we went down this road before, we should have learned. Fianna Failure had no backup plan, no contingency plan, all they did was spend us into oblivion, and as a result of their incompetency, Cowen is now trying to tax us out of this crisis with a half-assed plan that clearly isn't working.

oh don't get me wrong i am in no way an advocate for that usless shower we unfortunatley call our governement, the party that can take the green party (one that used to mean something, stand up for wat they believe in, and live up to their promises) and basically turn them into a glorified "green-a fáil"

they definatley should have been watching the banks and completely curb their own spending, the over reliance we have on america (who had Dubya at the time) and the UK (whos current PM said last year "economically the times of boom and bust are over"....yeah great prediction nostradamus :rolleyes: ) the sad fact is we are in the ****ter and while i dont like FF, if and when they call a general election and get voted out, they will simply sit on the opposition benches and yell "why havent you fixed it yet", letting FG do what they did last time and put the wheels in motion to turn the economy around....yet again resulting in FF getting back in when times are good! fcuk i hate politics!

the sad fact is we are in the ****ter and while i dont like FF, if and when they call a general election and get voted out, they will simply sit on the opposition benches and yell "why havent you fixed it yet", letting FG do what they did last time and put the wheels in motion to turn the economy around....yet again resulting in FF getting back in when times are good! fcuk i hate politics!

Sad thing is, it's idiots like the general public who voted because their great great grandfather's niece's son's nephew's daughter on his sister's side who can get traced back to 900BC voted in Fianna Failure and the rest of the family are a bunch of sheep who just do it because "it's family heritage" that let them back in.

Sad thing is, Fianna Fail are responsible for a lot of the original boom, dating back to 1992 when Albert Reynolds devised the concept, it was then John Bruton (FG) who implemented it. And as you said, when the wheels were in motion, Bertie came in, sat there, took all the credit and milked it until the cash cow was exhausted. And we've done the 180, yet again.

And the chances are we'll live through another 3-4 more recessions before we kick the bucket, because Ireland as a country, just doesn't f*cking learn.

BULL SH*T! If anyone else had said that, you'd have been the first to report it!
    :P Jesus, you really are a hypocrite at the best of times. I'm sorry, but this has to be said. But it's statements like your above one that really expose you as the "moany bastid from Cork who talks out of both sides of his mouth"

Thats nice that is. Its pretty clear you and I will never ever see eye to eye, but I will leave that at the door. And don't give me the usual line which come in these cases "I am only being honest, and if you can handle honesty blah blah blah.........................."!.

I probably should report the above post, as it crosses the line. But Ill not bother.

Sad thing is, it's idiots like the general public who voted because their great great grandfather's niece's son's nephew's daughter on his sister's side who can get traced back to 900BC voted in Fianna Failure and the rest of the family are a bunch of sheep who just do it because "it's family heritage" that let them back in.

spot f*cking on, people feel like they have some sort of weird alliance to this useless shower because they agree with the stance they took when the original sinn fein split...news flash it was a very very long time ago, people take of the blinkers and see how pathetic a political party we have then maybe something may get done! and we really are a laughing stock amongst aother countires.....mary harney is our minister for health!??!
    And the chances are we'll live through another 3-4 more recessions before we kick the bucket, because Ireland as a country, just doesn't f*cking learn.

maybe just maybe this one may be the kick up the ass they need.....i can dream cant i?! :p
    I probably should report the above post, as it crosses the line. But Ill not bother.

dude you posted about being happy to hear another human being had died....you dont think THAT crosses the line!?

Yes, it does. I probably should have said i was not sad to see him die. Error of judgement on my behalf.

Thats nice that is. Its pretty clear you and I will never ever see eye to eye, but I will leave that at the door. And don't give me the usual line which come in these cases "I am only being honest, and if you can handle honesty blah blah blah.........................."!.

Hold up, you thank my post, and THEN an hour later you decide to disagree with it?

Report the post by all means, pal. You were bang out of order with your comment and you know it.

Also the fact that i have the misfortune to read it when i'm putting on a suit to attend a removal of a close family friend, really doesn't help your case either and sure as hell doesn't make your opinion easier to swallow just because you couldn't handle a little constructive criticism in school.

If you still feel hard done by my comments, i'm more than willing to trash it out with you via PM, I've tried being nice to you, but your double standards are somewhat sickening. I could live with it if you were consistent, I really could, but you know for a fact that you have given out about comments that were less offensive than your own.

So don't be so damn shocked if people find yours a lot more offensive just because you feel like changing the rules because of "a bad experience".

In short, think before you type.

EDIT: Just saw your second post there. Nice to see you've come around a little bit. Let me get one thing straight, I don't advocate school bullying one bit, i got all sorts of sh*t from my maths/physics teacher in secondary school. However I'd never wish death on/be happy the guy is dead if he died. Simply because i know for a fact he's a husband and father. But then, you probably don't know much about growing up without a parent, do you? Because I do.

This place is a barrel of laughs tonight :(

Sooooooo......

Anyone got any other ideas about my furniture situation?

Also, if a place is advertised as a 3 bed (2 double, 1 single) but then it turns out to be 3 single beds, would i be in my rights to have something put in to compensate for the lack of the double beds, say a tv, or some furniture of a different kind?

Also, if a place is advertised as a 3 bed (2 double, 1 single) but then it turns out to be 3 single beds, would i be in my rights to have something put in to compensate for the lack of the double beds, say a tv, or some furniture of a different kind?

Probably not, especially if the option to view it beforehand is there and you didn't take it up.

• Advertisement

Probably not, especially if the option to view it beforehand is there and you didn't take it up.

We have, twice. :p

Does that change anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement