Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    On that note.
    Exactly one month to the day since i've given up drink. :)
    C'MOOON! :D

Pfft, I regularly go that long without noticing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Pfft, I regularly go that long without noticing. :P

I wasn't going for a competition here, but if you insist...
    My record is seven years from 99-06, give it a shot if you think you're hard enough :P

My record is seven years from 99-06, give it a shot if you think you're hard enough :P

When I'm you're age I'm sure I will have done. ;)

When I'm you're age I'm sure I will have done. ;)

When you're my age? Pft!
    I'll still be around when you fall, pal!... and i'll be the one laughing. :D

When you're my age? Pft!
    I'll still be around when you fall, pal!... and i'll be the one laughing. :D

The hope is to be a doctor at 27 and start nicking heroin, no drink once I have a clean reliable source of something else. :P

• Advertisement

Meaning that i'll still outlive you! :D

Meanwhile, i got reminded that not EVERYTHING about the 90s was complete cack.
    Most awesome TV commercial ad ever, if you were around in 93 with a sense of humour, you'll remember it.

If not, your loss!

Meaning that i'll still outlive you! :D

Meanwhile, i got reminded that not EVERYTHING about the 90s was complete cack.
    Most awesome TV commercial ad ever, if you were around in 93 with a sense of humour, you'll remember it.

If not, your loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I remember being pretty excited when tab was brought out here. And i also remember being hugely disappointed when a moment after I tasted it. As soon as that diet coke after taste kicked in.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I remember being pretty excited when tab was brought out here. And i also remember being hugely disappointed when a moment after I tasted it. As soon as that diet coke after taste kicked in.

That was Tab clear, the Tab in the 80s tasted VERY differently though.
    Both were considered diet drinks though, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The hope is to be a doctor at 27 and start nicking heroin, no drink once I have a clean reliable source of something else. :P

Sure no bother to you, aren't you the fella who thinks the Leaving is a piece of p*ss!? Make sure and let us know how that goes!:p

• Advertisement

Keep it civil guys!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sure no bother to you, aren't you the fella who thinks the Leaving is a piece of p*ss!? Make sure and let us know how that goes!:p

Done two days of studying so far, still on track for a couple of As. ;)

What's everyone reckon to the football tonight? I stuck a fiver on Ronnie first goal and United 3-1 and a fiver on Ronnie first goalscorer and United 3-1. If Ronaldo doesn't score the first I'll be cheering for Barce big style. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The match will be posponed due to a terrorist alert. Thats my prediction ;)

I've just realised Carlos Puyol looks shocking like kerry von Erich, the Texas Tornado.:pac:

****sake, that was probably Ronaldo's only good free kick of the game used up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

Was there a reason for going off drink for so long? If you were a regular drinker before that then that was quite impressive.

I'll be off drink three weeks if I can last until Sunday. Yes I know, its a bit less than your seven years!

Barca were sensational tonight. Several of United's players were exposed as being inferior tonight at the top level of the game.

Was there a reason for going off drink for so long? If you were a regular drinker before that then that was quite impressive.

In a nutshell, when i was nearly 24, my doctor had told me that if i mantained my current lifestyle at the time, that I wouldn't reach 30. It was a scary prospect and a wake up call. I was a fairly heavy drinker, not in an AA needed way, but more in a case of, work's done, no reason to head home, off to the local.

More a case of wanting to, as opposed to needing to.

Barca were sensational tonight. Several of United's players were exposed as being inferior tonight at the top level of the game.

United just never got going tonight, don't think it's fair to judge United purely on tonight's performance.

Still delighted Barca won. :D

United just never got going tonight, don't think it's fair to judge United purely on tonight's performance.

Still delighted Barca won. :D

Why not? carrick, Park, Anderson not good enough. Good enough for the Prem perhaps, but not at that levek. United need a top class defensive midfielder in the Summer.

• Advertisement

Why not? carrick, Park, Anderson not good enough. Good enough for the Prem perhaps, but not at that levek. United need a top class defensive midfielder in the Summer.

Carrick seemed to do OK in last year's final. Park isn't great but I thought his playing was a necessity? Anderson the same.
    They just never got going tonight, the entire team looked slow to change direction and change direction right from the start. Starts like that can make or break a team for the whole match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

I agree with that. Also when you take into consideration the ages of Giggs and Scholes now, they need to sign a few midfilders. Add to that a striker if they dont keep Tevez.

Carrick seemed to do OK in last year's final. Park isn't great but I thought his playing was a necessity? Anderson the same.
    They just never got going tonight, the entire team looked slow to change direction and change direction right from the start. Starts like that can make or break a team for the whole match.

He wasn't in any way great in the final last year. He's a decent premier league level midfielder. They needed a top class holding midfielder in there tonight, whos comfortable on the ball. Carrick's just so awkward with the ball at his feet in tight situations, and he doesn't have the discipline to track back effectively like he should do. And Tevez would have done every bit as much work as Park and offered twice as much going forward.

He wasn't in any way great in the final last year. He's a decent premier league level midfielder. They needed a top class holding midfielder in there tonight, whos comfortable on the ball. Carrick's just so awkward with the ball at his feet in tight situations, and he doesn't have the discipline to track back effectively like he should do. And Tevez would have done every bit as much work as Park and offered twice as much going forward.

Sorry, I reread the first post you made about it, I thought you said that united were exposed as inferior, but you said some players were, and you're right. Why Tevez doesn't start more often is beyond me anyway.

Sorry, I reread the first post you made about it, I thought you said that united were exposed as inferior, but you said some players were, and you're right. Why Tevez doesn't start more often is beyond me anyway.

No bother. Shouldn't you be at the books anyway!?;)

In all seriousness have you applied for medicine and where?

No bother. Shouldn't you be at the books anyway!?;)

In all seriousness have you applied for medicine and where?

Yeah I've applied to Trinity. With the apptitude test I'm guessing about 520 points could get me in. All depends on the apptitude test I already did, judging from asking people after the exam I seemed to do pretty well, but the results of it aren't out until after the LC is over. Pain in the nuts.

Yeah I've applied to Trinity. With the apptitude test I'm guessing about 520 points could get me in. All depends on the apptitude test I already did, judging from asking people after the exam I seemed to do pretty well, but the results of it aren't out until after the LC is over. Pain in the nuts.
    Is this aptitude test a new thing? Never heard of it before.

If you get into medicine be prepared to have no life for the next decade. The sister did it. Its a brutal way of life, not at all as glamorous as its made out to be.

Is this aptitude test a new thing? Never heard of it before.

If you get into medicine be prepared to have no life for the next decade. The sister did it. Its a brutal way of life, not at all as glamorous as its made out to be.

Yep, aptitude test is a new thing, just for medicine, it's worth up to 300 points, then the points in the leaving are worth the usual up to 550, then 1 point for every 5 over that, so the most in the LC is 560 for a total of 860. I know I got 7 of the last 11 right in the aptitude test right, and was picking between two for the other 4, everyone else said they guessed at least 10 of the last 15, so fingers crossed.

Aye I'm not expecting glamour or easy living for a good while if I do get it, will be bringing a bucket for when we start on cadavers. :P TBH it'll suit me just fine, having as little time as possible to think is probably my best chance to make it through the next few years.

Yep, aptitude test is a new thing, just for medicine, it's worth up to 300 points, then the points in the leaving are worth the usual up to 550, then 1 point for every 5 over that, so the most in the LC is 560 for a total of 860. I know I got 7 of the last 11 right in the aptitude test right, and was picking between two for the other 4, everyone else said they guessed at least 10 of the last 15, so fingers crossed.

Aye I'm not expecting glamour or easy living for a good while if I do get it, will be bringing a bucket for when we start on cadavers. :P TBH it'll suit me just fine, having as little time as possible to think is probably my best chance to make it through the next few years.

You won't even have time to sleep when you're a junior doctor, not to mind think!:p

• Advertisement

You won't even have time to sleep when you're a junior doctor, not to mind think!:p

That's the hope. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement