Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Coupla years back? Ya must have a silver tongue to have put it off til now. :P

Nah we set the date to be just over two years later so that we wouldn't pressure ourselves when it came up with the money.

Turns out we were right, we saved a f*ckload, and then the price of hotels, flights and rings ploughed their way down. We're under budget still and nearly everything is planned to a tee. :D

Yo gimmick.
    Wasn't there a CCFC match tonight against their fave rivals Drogs?

What was the final result, out of curiosity? I've heard the club depends on the last few matches this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Shawn, your f*cking evil you are....but if anything you already know that by now! :P

It was a 2-1 loss :mad:

Shawn, your f*cking evil you are....but if anything you already know that by now! :P

It was a 2-1 loss :mad:

Actually didn't know, i knew it was 1-0 down before i logged out earlier, but didn't know the final score.

Oh dear, he aint gonna be pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yo gimmick.
    Wasn't there a CCFC match tonight against their fave rivals Drogs?

What was the final result, out of curiosity? I've heard the club depends on the last few matches this month.
    I don't think its so much the result thats relevant to their survival as the attendance. Though I wouldn't claim to be any great LOI expert.

• Advertisement

gimmick or RRC wanna answer this one for us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick or RRC wanna answer this one for us?

I'm just guessing that if they get a good attendance they get a few bob in. Whereas the bailiff aren't going to give flying f*ck what CCFC's results are if they can't pay the bills. Then again it may have been a cup match and winning that would have been imortant as a cup run means added revenue.

On a complete side issue, funniest and most bizarre football chant ever, CCFC fans, to the tune of "Starry, Starry Night"

"Starry, starry Night,
    Paint your langer green and white.":pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'm just guessing that if they get a good attendance they get a few bob in. Whereas the bailiff aren't going to give flying f*ck what CCFC's results are if they can't pay the bills. Then again it may have been a cup match and winning that would have been imortant as a cup run means added revenue.

*going by what was posted on the ccfcforum* City have been given a few weeks to pay 90k of 300k, which apparently has added up since the start of the season, to have a chance when they go back to court June 15th.

It would be great to get the money from attendences, even had the biggest attendence of the season last Friday at approx 5,300. But sometimes, it's seems to be a case of that many will attend while city are on the back of success, so losing the last two games isn't good. But also have to take into account the money that has to be paid to players and staff and rent for the cross, out of the takings as well.

Rumours of a new consortium looking to come in now and take over the club, so who knows, tell will tell I guess :)

On a complete side issue, funniest and most bizarre football chant ever, CCFC fans, to the tune of "Starry, Starry Night"

"Starry, starry Night,

I don't recall that chant, must be one from a good few years back :pac:

"Starry, starry Night,

Meanwhile up in Drogheda, the boys are all chanting
    "They're from Cark and they haven't got a clue!" :D:D:D

Meanwhile up in Drogheda, the boys are all chanting
    "They're from Cark and they haven't got a clue!" :D:D:D

*Note to self, never let SR create rubbish chants* :P

• Advertisement

*Note to self, never let SR create rubbish chants* :P

Better than the one CCFC fans have these days...
    But don't worry, that cute little green shop o'er the bridge will be a nice shade of timber in 2-3 weeks when it gets boarded up!

Mwahahahah

Better than the one CCFC fans have these days...

And you've been to how many City games to form that opinion? :p
    But don't worry, that cute little green shop o'er the bridge will be a nice shade of timber in 2-3 weeks when it gets boarded up!

Mwahahahah

:mad::mad::mad: You do realise your gonna get a kick in the shins next time for that comment, right?!...sh*tkickers or not ;)

And you've been to how many City games to form that opinion? :p

I don't have to attend em to get your infamous bi-weekly reports!
    :mad::mad::mad: You do realise your gonna get a kick in the shins next time for that comment, right?!...sh*tkickers or not ;)

Wow, you really are gagging for another spear by me, aren't you?! :D

I don't have to attend em to get your infamous bi-weekly reports!

Well, your around when I feel like ranting and raving...you've been warned :P
    Wow, you really are gagging for another spear by me, aren't you?! :D

Woo Woo Wooo, You Know it! :pac: jk

lol, you feckin took me by surprise when you did, funny though!

Well, your around when I feel like ranting and raving...you've been warned :P

You'll never steal my throne for ranting.
    Woo Woo Wooo, You Know it! :pac: jk

lol, you feckin took me by surprise when you did, funny though!

Aye, not quite the way you wanted to be swept off your feet, but it was effective. :D

You'll never steal my throne for ranting.

Ah yeah, sure didn't I have to listen to it..."F*cking annoying Cark accents like"...hard to escape while walking around Cork of all places ;):P
    Aye, not quite the way you wanted to be swept off your feet, but it was effective. :D

lol, true that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm sure I'll get abuse hurled at me for this, but is the heat annoying anyone else? Last year I was fine for two weeks in 40 degree heat, but I just can't stick this heat, can't sleep or study, and our ****in fridge broke last night, 4 ****in months since we got it. Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Being a sufferer of Hayfever who associates Irish summers with constant flows of tears and snot, I can honestly agree with you: **** this weather. :mad:

I hate this weather to be quite frank, if i wanted scorching hot sun, i wouldn't have come back from Pompeii last year! :P

At least i have shelter here, there was no escaping the sun on the day trip there.Took some awesome shots of it last year though.

Madness really, that place was once a city! Now it's scattered ruins.

Beautiful place. When I was there 4 years ago, there was a reported high amount of seismic activity in Mt Vesuvius....:eek:

• Advertisement

There was something going on in Vesuvius as we were headed to the airport last year, serious steam coming from it!

Coincidence? I think not! :eek:

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Coincidence? I think not! :eek:

Well, apparently the intense heat from the sun causes it at the best of times, it wouldn't cause it to erupt or anything as it's as good as dormant at this stage.

But it does look quite impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll get abuse hurled at me for this, but is the heat annoying anyone else? Last year I was fine for two weeks in 40 degree heat, but I just can't stick this heat, can't sleep or study, and our ****in fridge broke last night, 4 ****in months since we got it. Blergh.

Your right...i was in spain last year with 36 degree heat and it wasn't as bad as 26 degree heat today... Don't know why but there was certainly a difference.... God, you'd sweat standing today!

Well, apparently the intense heat from the sun causes it at the best of times, it wouldn't cause it to erupt or anything as it's as good as dormant at this stage.

But it does look quite impressive.

It will erupt again but it could be 10000 years (or some figure like that) I was reading up on it not that long ago.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

was in pompeii about 4 years ago, one thing that struck me was how big the place was, i expected a few houses and its a huge area, so much so that we got kind of lost :P

will never complain about this weather though, i was in france (paris) during the august heatwave of 2003 (yep the time thousands died), now that was hot, 40 degrees during the day and barely any cooler at night, no AC in the hotels either, it was a nightmare

rossie1977 wrote: »
    was in pompeii about 4 years ago, one thing that struck me was how big the place was, i expected a few houses and its a huge area, so much so that we got kind of lost :P

will never complain about this weather though, i was in france (paris) during the august heatwave of 2003 (yep the time thousands died), now that was hot, 40 degrees during the day and barely any cooler at night, no AC in the hotels either, it was a nightmare

Its so bad i have to sleep au natural with the sheets off.... not so good when someone bursts into your room in the morning looking for something:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Dunno How safe it is venturing in here,

On the lines of the sun I love it, but I not particularly keen on working in this weather, 6 hours stuck in a vauxhall van, in the beating sun, isn't nice.

Anyway, was wondering, now we can talk about it, and assuming it hasn't been mention before (sorry if it has but I couldn't be bothered reading through the past 150 odd pages) but I'm making my wy to my first Oxegen this year any one else from PW heading?

OTB is for one and all, so welcome aboard.
    Not bothering with a lot of big gigs this year, in fact i'd love to be doing Punchestown this year for AC/DC.

Would love to do the trip to France for Hellfest, but that's out of the question too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You just can't win with us Irish. We bitched and complained about it raining for the last two summers, but now that we're finally getting a few days of solid, uninterrupted sunshine, we're all dying!

I'll probably never go to oxegen again. The knacks have just ruined it for me. I'll give you a bit of advice: if you're camping, make friends with the folk in the tents around you. They can help watch your stuff when you're away/sleeping.

Oh, and Pompeii rocks. PUN INTENDED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement