Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    This wouldn't be the first time this has happened in the LC over the years. But it's completely unacceptable. LC students are under enough pressure as it is!

Dunno what else i can tell anyone here that happens to be sitting it, other than try to keep the head as the more you freak about it, the more it'll hinder you when Saturday comes.

Good luck guys.

Aye, tbh it's others I feel sorry for. My sister was hoping for an A1 and paper 1 didn't go fantastically well, so she was relying on paper 2, and this has put a nice spanner in the works. I already said on the thread in the LC forum that the two students who signed for the papers should be grilled and probably punished, and anyone who twittered about it or came onto boards about it and is easily identifiable should be punished full for trying to help others cheat, even forgetting the effect it's had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Only took 5 years but id like to use my 500th post to say.

Damien Dempsey is some man! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

pingu_girl wrote: »

What a waste, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

5 years.

500 posts.

And God knows how many bans.:pac::p

Agreed on Damian Dempsey. I have the bauld Ger C to thank for showing me the light on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

flahavaj wrote: »
    5 years.

500 posts.

And God knows how many bans.:pac::p

Agreed on Damian Dempsey. I have the bauld Ger C to thank for showing me the light on that one.

I'd like to say 5 bans but it might have been more than that :confused:

I must admit I used to sneer at bauld Gerard for his extreme love for Damo, but after hours of playing frisbee on the beach today and listening to the man himself im after starting to really like him, must get the albums during the week.

As Ger would say "Gwan Damo you big ride"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Why can't I sleep?

Why can't I sleep?

Question I have asked on so many occasions. Thankfully i was out like a light last night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd like to say 5 bans but it might have been more than that :confused:

I must admit I used to sneer at bauld Gerard for his extreme love for Damo, but after hours of playing frisbee on the beach today and listening to the man himself im after starting to really like him, must get the albums during the week.

As Ger would say "Gwan Damo you big ride"

Stop, isn't he just unreal altogether? Might try and get tickets to the first u2 gig in Croker, as the man himself is playing support on the first night. Wouldnt be too interested in seeing u2 in all honesty, but the big man taking the stage in Croke Park would be something else! Suppose there's no other fans of him on here?

Flahavaj, you should get tickets to u2 too! Bring John Mullane with ya, that's the only way yer getting to Croke Park this year...

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Flahavaj, you should get tickets to u2 too! Bring John Mullane with ya, that's the only way yer getting to Croke Park this year...

Oh Lord where to start....

No. 1, I think U2 are scutter.

No. 2 Mullane played more games in Croke Park than whole the county of Tipp. I know Tipp were due to play an All Ireland semi-final there in August but we're all still waiting on them to show up.....:pac:

Oh Lord where to start....

No. 1, I think U2 are scutter.

No. 2 Mullane played more games in Croke Park than whole the county of Tipp. I know Tipp were due to play an All Ireland semi-final there in August but we're all still waiting on them to show up.....:pac:

No. 1 - Tis them or Take That for the Deise this year judging by their preformance in the league.

No. 2 - Wasn't that the same year Waterford were due to play an All-Ireland final there? Imagine waiting 50-odd years to put on THAT preformance!

• Advertisement

No. 1 - Tis them or Take That for the Deise this year judging by their preformance in the league.

No. 2 - Wasn't that the same year Waterford were due to play an All-Ireland final there? Imagine waiting 50-odd years to put on THAT preformance!
    Yet they beat Tipp all the same.

0001a9c6189r.jpg

Yet they beat Tipp all the same.

0001a9c6189r.jpg

Was that the Tipp-Waterford match it was?

What happened at the end of this match?

Eddie%20Enright.jpeg

Was that the Tipp-Waterford match it was?

What happened at the end of this match?

Eddie%20Enright.jpeg

You're hardly old enough to remember that far back Ger!?:pac::p

You're hardly old enough to remember that far back Ger!?:pac::p

I was at that match I'll have you know! Tis nice to go to an all Ireland and not go home disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Anyone watch I'm A Celeb US last night on TV3?

Torrie Wilson is on it and she is feuding the Prat who is a complete tool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

JP Liz wrote: »
    Anyone watch I'm A Celeb US last night on TV3?

Torrie Wilson is on it and she is feuding the Prat who is a complete tool

Yar, Im forced to watch that Hills ****e with the bird so when I seen him I thought id see what happened to him while The Prestige is on an add break. The size of them mother****ing spiders! Huntsmen I think they were, So big and fast :eek: And im off to Australia next week :( The bastids are all over the place there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

first time ive been old enough/registerd today that im not going to bother to vote. Only just got back into the country and i dont know who is running or for what so screw it

dancor, you just made me think of something...

I love the amount of "Proud Irish" who hate the Brits for whatever reason, yet most of them over the course of the last two to three years, flee to another country where the Union Jack is on the flag and the Queen is on the money.

20 years ago, we fled to England, now we're fleeing to Australia.
    The irony of that just cracks me up really. As either way we still end up being Britain's bitches. :)

**** yeah, must go out and vote.

LC ain't going great, about 80 in maths paper one and a C or B in geography without doing any studying in the two years I've been out of school.

Turns out the guy who messed up the English paper taught in my secondary school. Had him for maths for a year back in the day, should've guessed it'd be him. :P

amacachi wrote: »

LC ain't going great, about 80 in maths paper one and a C or B in geography without doing any studying in the two years I've been out of school.

Hang in there man, i know it's easier said than done, but the amount of people who i've heard say stuff like that and they ended up doing better than they gave themselves credit for is surprising. Up to my snot with final college exams myself, but i can't imagine what anyone sitting the LC is going through right now (especially as i never sat it myself).

Good luck with it. :)
    Turns out the guy who messed up the English paper taught in my secondary school. Had him for maths for a year back in the day, should've guessed it'd be him. :P

Oh man, don't go there, well at least don't go too far. If you go into the LC forum you'll see the amount of people called in to help out that forum due to that crisis. More mods in there atm than there are in PI and AH! Storm in a teacup isn't the term for it.

• Advertisement

Hang in there man, i know it's easier said than done, but the amount of people who i've heard say stuff like that and they ended up doing better than they gave themselves credit for is surprising. Up to my snot with final college exams myself, but i can't imagine what anyone sitting the LC is going through right now (especially as i never sat it myself).

Good luck with it. :)
    I have at least 2 days to study for every exam other than english paper 2 from here on, so I should be grand. 2 days studying after 2 years of not being in school, I really want to get some As to sicken some people. :P
    Oh man, don't go there, well at least don't go too far. If you go into the LC forum you'll see the amount of people called in to help out that forum due to that crisis. More mods in there atm than there are in PI and AH! Storm in a teacup isn't the term for it.

Heh, wasn't going to name him, though I don't see the big problem with it.
    It's annoying for students, yes, but the only reason it's annoying me is that it eats into my studying time for maths. The overreaction is unreal. I wouldn't usually suggest this, but if ya have a bit of time free or for iPod listening, check out Joe Duffy's show from yesterday. The students phoning in had to be taking the piss.
    Still haven't looked over the poets, MacBeth, or any of the three texts/film I've to do for the comparative, all of which are different from what I did last year, should be fun tonight. :P

Never really done college exams as such, only subjects I passed were the ones that had over 50% going on contiuous assessment, didn't bother turning up to the exams themselves.

What subjects are ya doing?

What subjects are ya doing?

English, Irish (O), Maths, Geography, Biology, Physics, Economics and Applied Maths.

I have at least 2 days to study for every exam other than english paper 2 from here on, so I should be grand. 2 days studying after 2 years of not being in school, I really want to get some As to sicken some people. :P

Well you haven't let it rattle you completely, so that's a good thing.
    Heh, wasn't going to name him, though I don't see the big problem with it.

Because his family shouldn't have to suffer for his mistake, that's why. They didn't do anything wrong.
    It's annoying for students, yes, but the only reason it's annoying me is that it eats into my studying time for maths. The overreaction is unreal. I wouldn't usually suggest this, but if ya have a bit of time free or for iPod listening, check out Joe Duffy's show from yesterday. The students phoning in had to be taking the piss.

It's Irish Paper 2 in 1998 all over again really. They had students in on the news about it too, saying they're now screwed for time. Which is a fair point, but why the hell are you doing in front of an RTE camera if that's the case?
    Never really done college exams as such, only subjects I passed were the ones that had over 50% going on contiuous assessment, didn't bother turning up to the exams themselves.

My ones aren't so much difficult as such, but the questions are VERY vague. More time gets spent on research and going over the answers again and again until you've convinced yourself that they're good to go.

Unfortunately, thats the stressful part of it too. :)

Because his family shouldn't have to suffer for his mistake, that's why. They didn't do anything wrong.
    Think the fact that it's on the front page of the Indo takes care of that. :P
    It's Irish Paper 2 in 1998 all over again really. They had students in on the news about it too, saying they're now screwed for time. Which is a fair point, but why the hell are you doing in front of an RTE camera if that's the case?
    Aye, I'm a lazy ****, that's what's screwin me over. It's taking maybe 20% of my time for maths, but sure it's my own fault that I haven't even looked at any stuff yet for paper 2, and won't be doing so until tomorrow. Only need a C in English really anyway.
    *EDIT* Actually the other thing annoying me is that I'm going to miss competitive Formula 1 action for the first time this year. ¬_¬
    My ones aren't so much difficult as such, but the questions are VERY vague. More time gets spent on research and going over the answers again and again until you've convinced yourself that they're good to go.

Unfortunately, thats the stressful part of it too. :)
    That's what gets on my tits about exams, why can't they just ask a question with an actual answer, rather than something that takes 2 pages of waffle. Use CA for all the research and that kinda stuff. Bleh.

Think the fact that it's on the front page of the Indo takes care of that. :P

Precicely, but discussing it here and given things that could be said, will only add fuel to a bonfire that's been out of control for the last 48 hours as it is. It will serve no purpose and only stands to hurt boards as a site in general. A lot of long term damage could be done just for the sake of venting over an accident. It's just a case of implementing long term damage control at the end of the day, a responsibility that every moderator of every forum here has.
    Aye, I'm a lazy ****, that's what's screwin me over. It's taking maybe 20% of my time for maths, but sure it's my own fault that I haven't even looked at any stuff yet for paper 2, and won't be doing so until tomorrow. Only need a C in English really anyway.

Well you have your sh*t planned out, so you're obviously not entirely a lazy sh*t in that regard.
    *EDIT* Actually the other thing annoying me is that I'm going to miss competitive Formula 1 action for the first time this year. ¬_¬

Don't worry, you'll have the rest of your life for F1. ;) You're worse than my missus when she was doing her HDip a couple of years ago, she was complaining about the same. ;)
    That's what gets on my tits about exams, why can't they just ask a question with an actual answer, rather than something that takes 2 pages of waffle. Use CA for all the research and that kinda stuff. Bleh.

Ours is the opposite. Each essay style question has to be about half an A4 page of all killer no filler as far as answers are concerned. Times like that, I wish i hadn't opted to type the exams as i could easy cut that down with my handwriting, but my handwriting has been sh*te ever since i severly fractured my wrist in a mountain biking accident when I was 15. Took about six months to learn to write again, but it was never the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I regret not working harder on my LC now, buuut I passed and didn't study one bit (well, I did study physics which I ended up failing :o) so it's not too hard to at least pass it. Never understood why it stresses people so much, surely that does more harm than good.

I remember during my Technical Drawing exam they ran out of bloody papers by the time it got to me. Had to wait ages then they ended up giving me half a paper they ripped from some other poor sods exam. Ended up leaving before answering the minimum amount of questions, and did the same in Construction and to this day I don't know how I passed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Any of you lot vote today? Im feeling lazy, but bored at the same time so I might just go down and do it.

You guys can work away, but i ain't touching the subject of voting with a 50 foot barge pole! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Great day of tennis today. Come on Roger!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement