Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Well you have your sh*t planned out, so you're obviously not entirely a lazy sh*t in that regard.
    Doesn't take much effort to have a plan. I've always had plenty of plans. :P The road to hell and all that.
    Don't worry, you'll have the rest of your life for F1. ;) You're worse than my missus when she was doing her HDip a couple of years ago, she was complaining about the same. ;)
    Starting to think maybe you found a good one to marry. :pac:
    Ours is the opposite. Each essay style question has to be about half an A4 page of all killer no filler as far as answers are concerned. Times like that, I wish i hadn't opted to type the exams as i could easy cut that down with my handwriting, but my handwriting has been sh*te ever since i severly fractured my wrist in a mountain biking accident when I was 15. Took about six months to learn to write again, but it was never the same.
    Ah not so bad.
    Can't imagine having to learn to write again. Like I've said before I've been going months at a time over the last few years without writing a single thing, but my speed seems to be just the same as it always was. Don't think it's gotten any worse, but it was horrible to begin with.
    Only thing I had ever had to learn again was to breathe through my nose. Especially when sleeping. After 3 years and 5 or 6 breaks I finally got it fixed. Having to breathe through my mouth all night every night left my with all kinds of problems with my nose and throat which have pretty much disappeared thank Christ.
    Jolt2007 wrote: »
    I regret not working harder on my LC now, buuut I passed and didn't study one bit (well, I did study physics which I ended up failing :o) so it's not too hard to at least pass it. Never understood why it stresses people so much, surely that does more harm than good.
    Well I'm going for medicine, "passing it" isn't going to cut it. And is there actually a way to "fail" the LC or does it just refer to not being able to get into college?
    dancor wrote: »
    Any of you lot vote today? Im feeling lazy, but bored at the same time so I might just go down and do it.
    Do it the ****.
    I voted, all three, county, town and European elections. Kept up my trend in voting in everything since I turned 18, hope to keep it going for as long as possible. I think it's really sad how few people do vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Doesn't take much effort to have a plan. I've always had plenty of plans. :P The road to hell and all that.

Well that's it, safety nets and all that, but you'd be surprised, nay shocked at the amount of people who have neither plans, or something to fall back on.
    Starting to think maybe you found a good one to marry. :pac:

She's the complete opposite of me. In other words, she's sane. :D
    Ah not so bad.
    Can't imagine having to learn to write again. Like I've said before I've been going months at a time over the last few years without writing a single thing, but my speed seems to be just the same as it always was. Don't think it's gotten any worse, but it was horrible to begin with.
    Only thing I had ever had to learn again was to breathe through my nose. Especially when sleeping. After 3 years and 5 or 6 breaks I finally got it fixed. Having to breathe through my mouth all night every night left my with all kinds of problems with my nose and throat which have pretty much disappeared thank Christ.

Learning to write again in the middle of my Inter Cert year, quite frankly was a c*nt. If the exams weren't enough pressure on a 15 year old as it was, without being criticised for your handwriting to add to it. Few of the teachers had any time or sympathy, not that i was looking for any but a little understanding would have gone a long way. I did f*ck all work, barely passed the subjects due to lack of interest, walked out of exams about 5 minutes into the preceedings and did everything i could to spite every teacher who gave me grief. Because nothing pisses a teacher off knowing that one of their better students gives them the proverbial middle finger.

Hindsight is 20/20, and it probably wasn't the best thing to do long term for the sake of my own future. But i got into IT at the start of the boom and did pretty well out of it. I have few regrets, but screwing up my education is one of them. Which is why i'm rectifying that mistake now. :)
    I voted, all three, county, town and European elections. Kept up my trend in voting in everything since I turned 18, hope to keep it going for as long as possible. I think it's really sad how few people do vote.

At the same time, you can understand how discouraging to vote in independents to avoid Fianna Failure from getting the vote, only to find that they ended up getting it one way or another.

I'm sick and tired also of being talked down to by some snot nosed 18 year old kid telling me i've no right to complain if i don't vote. I've got the guts of 15 years worth of taxpaying contributions that tell me otherwise, while that kid is lucky if he has 15 days worth. :D

She's the complete opposite of me.
    She just keeps getting better and better!:pac:
    Learning to write again in the middle of my Inter Cert year, quite frankly was a c*nt. If the exams weren't enough pressure on a 15 year old as it was, without being criticised for your handwriting to add to it. Few of the teachers had any time or sympathy, not that i was looking for any but a little understanding would have gone a long way. I did f*ck all work, barely passed the subjects due to lack of interest, walked out of exams about 5 minutes into the preceedings and did everything i could to spite every teacher who gave me grief. Because nothing pisses a teacher off knowing that one of their better students gives them the proverbial middle finger.

Hindsight is 20/20, and it probably wasn't the best thing to do long term for the sake of my own future. But i got into IT at the start of the boom and did pretty well out of it. I have few regrets, but screwing up my education is one of them. Which is why i'm rectifying that mistake now. :)
    I had a little chuckle to myself today after the maths paper. On the way out I met my old maths teacher who was talkin to her 6th years about the paper. She asked how I did and I said "Fairly bad, about 80%." All the lads just looked either surprised or p*ssed off that I was saying 80% was bad, she just had a little smile at their reaction. :P She knows right well I should be gettin 95%+ if I had tried properly.
    At the same time, you can understand how discouraging to vote in independents to avoid Fianna Failure from getting the vote, only to find that they ended up getting it one way or another.

I'm sick and tired also of being talked down to by some snot nosed 18 year old kid telling me i've no right to complain if i don't vote. I've got the guts of 15 years worth of taxpaying contributions that tell me otherwise, while that kid is lucky if he has 15 days worth. :D
    Aye, I'd be voting Fine Gael in the next general election, but that would mean Labour also get in. Which is more than a little annoying. Sometimes when people tell me their logic for voting the way they are I think that maybe less people should be allowed vote. :P
    Ah the little loudmouth pipsqueaks. Thing is it'll be those lick-arses and up-their-own-arse types who'll be TDs in 15 years or so. I know once 20 year old already gettin right up to the top of Young Fianna Fail, been hanging round with a TD's daughter for a few years now, gets a summer job in the TD's firm...
    Someone trying to tell me about politics or anything to do with it always makes me laugh. There'll come a point, I'm sure, in the not too distant future when I do go out to vote and just spoil my vote. I'll be voting for no candidate. It won't be counted as a vote, so does that mean that I, someone who has complex views formed on logic and personal opinion has no right to give out about things, but some idiot who votes Fianna Fail or Fine Gael because mammy and daddy did, does have the right?
    Only thing worse than hippies are people who get into politics from an early age. :P

Haughey had gotten voted in when I was a kid. If that wasn't enough to discourage me from politics from an early age, then nothing would have done it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Do it the ****.

Did it. Got that off my chest.
    Walked out with a smile, humming some patriotic music, looked up at the blown tri-colour atop of a flag pole with tear in my eye, took a big deep breath and inhaled our fresh free air, aghhhhh, Democracy! :pac:

• Advertisement

dancor wrote: »
    Did it. Got that off my chest.
    Walked out with a smile, humming some patriotic music, looked up at the blown tri-colour atop of a flag pole with tear in my eye, took a big deep breath and inhaled our fresh free air, aghhhhh, Democracy! :pac:

I punched a pensioner on the way out. Ah well, whatever floats your boat.

I punched a pensioner on the way out. Ah well, whatever floats your boat.

Was his name Bertie Ahern? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

I can't believe a mere five hours ago, I was in Paris, sitting outside the airport sunning myself with the lads from work. Flew back into the East Midlands and it is absolutely pissing it down. Like, the worst I've seen since I've moved here. All roads are flooded, cars crawling along. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Great day of sport even though I am in work, 2 amazing tennis semi finals and Holland beating England in cricket was very funny. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Great day of sport even though I am in work, 2 amazing tennis semi finals and Holland beating England in cricket was very funny. :P

What! For real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What! For real?

Yes in England and all. It went to the last ball and all. :p
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8082343.stm

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yes in England and all. It went to the last ball and all. :p
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8082343.stm

I was reading about it. The Bowler threw the winning run for them!

I was going to watch the opener but didn't bother when I saw it was Holland England were playing. I Think I will try and watch the end of the replay later on.

****in forgot all about the cricket til I saw the news there. Hilarious. Anyone know how the tie-breaks in the groups are decided, Net Run Rate or head-to-head. If it's head-to-head and Pakistan beat them both then England would be out.

In other news I've just covered over 1/3 of the English Leaving Cert Literature course in an hour. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Smackdown your vote? Well I just did. Vinny Mac would be proud of me.

Can't help but feel 80-90% of them couldn't give a toss about the people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Voted earlier today. Now they can get round to taking down the eyesore posters. There is only so many times I can put up with seeing a certain former popstar turned politican gleaming face, and all the rest of 'em, while on the way to and from the city.

Now I haz headache, I think it may have been cause by the damn PA system at the cross and by Guntars Silagailis' "biggest fan" in front of us moaning for the night :(, funny at first, but give it a rest like.

/rant

I'm guessing your boys in green didn't win again then?

I'm guessing your boys in green didn't win again then?

0-0, a point, but still :(

Schlippery slope there like so bai!

Seriously, can yourself, flahavaj and others write the proper english please? The "day-cent, arra, and aight bah" novelty wore off weeks ago.

I grew up in Finglas, but you don't read my statements such as
    "Eeeeeh yeah, so righ, was watchin' smackdown, righ? And i couldn' believe i' righ? Jeff Haaaaaaaardy did the swaaaaanton, righ?"

You know what I mean.
    Thanks.

:p

Oh yeah, y'knooooow like, so bai...a week on and ya haven't gotten rid of your Cark accent yet like?! :P

Tonight, I did get to test out the camera features on my new phone atleast :D:D

ABCD0004.jpg

ABCD0005.jpg

• Advertisement

ABCD0004.jpg

I think there is a Ghost in that Picture, mans head on the right hand side to the left of the two boys chatting.

I think there is a Ghost in that Picture, mans head on the right hand side to the left of the two boys chatting.

lol, yeah, that's the problem trying to take a panoramic picture with people moving as the picture is taken in 3 stages.

You can see we have some ghost players as well, by the bottom of the left floodlight :pac:

lol, yeah, that's the problem trying to take a panoramic picture with people moving as the picture is taken in 3 stages.

You can see we have some ghost players as well, by the bottom of the left floodlight :pac:

After the Champoions league final I know all about Ghost players, I could see loads of lads in white but they never got near the ball.

:p

There's a significant difference there pal. I wasn't doing it with nearly every post and annoying everyone else by doing so.

Do that again btw, and i'll have you for backseat modding. :P

There's a significant difference there pal. I wasn't doing it with nearly every post and annoying everyone else by doing so.

Do that again btw, and i'll have you for backseat modding. :P

....GULP...

I shall leave the Off Topic Banter thread now as I am struggling to understand Banter from Serious and whats allowed from whats not allowed.:confused:

I shall leave the Off Topic Banter thread now as I am struggling to understand Banter from Serious and whats allowed from whats not allowed.:confused:

*rests the banhammer down easily*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Went along to see 12 rounds yesterday.

A terrible film. Cena was good enough, but the camerawork would nearly make you think Cloverfield was the epitome of steady camera work. It was all over the place, could barely seen any action on screen.

Just woeful stuff.

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Went along to see 12 rounds yesterday.

A terrible film. Cena was good enough, but the camerawork would nearly make you think Cloverfield was the epitome of steady camera work. It was all over the place, could barely seen any action on screen.

Just woeful stuff.

Once I see anything to do with WWE and a movie I stay far away. Did WWE have anything to do with it besides Cena being in it?

I want to go the pics, Torn between Drag me to hell and the new Terminator. Ive heard Terminator is a let down, but im a big Christian Bale and Terminator fan. The first one was on last night, what a movie. And im a big Sam Rammi fan, especially his horror stuff. Anyone seen either? Im stroking my facial hair here trying to decide.

I've heard that Terminator Salvation is a pretty good movie with a pretty bad ending.

• Advertisement

1-0 Ireland woohoo!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement