Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

1-1 now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

1-1 now :/

Puts tickets for South Africa on hold..................for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I stopped watching 20/20 for this:P
    We will be lucky to get out of here with any sort of a result. Kevin Kilbane :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bloody hell that was nerve racking 1-1 I suppose we will take it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    22 and like SR I have a shaven head. I thought I looked hard, but then a fellow boardsie smashed that image of myself when he told me I looked "adorable". Fecker.:mad::pac:

Hah! Not everyone looks hard with a shaved head. Good examples are Billy Corgan, Maven Huffman, That freaky looking dude from the Cream Eggs ad and of course, yours truly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

suppose we will take it?! we were blessed, if i was a bulgarian id be callin daylight robbery, should have been beaten and if dunne wasnt there we would have! brilliant performance!

dunphy saying kilbane is respected by every fan and blah blah blah.....he was brutal today, at fault for the goal and left way too much space on that wing, definate liability im afraid! (as if we need more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Hah! Not everyone looks hard with a shaved head. Good examples are Billy Corgan, Maven Huffman, That freaky looking dude from the Cream Eggs ad and of course, yours truly. :)

Ha ha point taken.:D But seriously I really thought I looked hard, I've been called Phil Mitchell's long lost son you know!:pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ha ha point taken.:D But seriously I really thought I looked hard, I've been called Phil Mitchell's long lost son you know!:pac:

who told you that?! if it was a family member ive got some bad news for ya mate.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

who told you that?! if it was a family member ive got some bad news for ya mate.....:p

My mates and my brothers have both used it, bastards!:pac:

Decided to move the baldy talk to OTB.

I have three weeks of college left.

I started off with an empty A4 refil pad and a pen
    I now have a half A4 refil pad full of notes, as well an entire folder of psychology notes.

On top of that my scheme of work folder is almost complete.
    Basically what this is, is my entire course i plan on running. In this folder, is everything from training needs analysis forms, assessment forms, health and safety documents, lesson plans, lesson breakdowns, everything taken for the teaching practice and taught lessons i did a couple of weeks back as well as every assignment that was handed to me since i started college.

I have spent the guts of today, filling in the gaps of that particular folder. With about 20 more pages to be placed in tomorrow before i submit it for correction. It's crazy the amount of work that went into it. I might up a pic of it just to give you an idea of how bulky it is and how much work has gone into it (i know some of you have seen it already), but it's gonna be strange, because as much as i have cursed that black folder over the course of the last three months, it's gonna be almost soul destroying to submit it on monday. Just for the amount of work that went into it.

The flipside to that is, I do get it back once it's corrected. Sad thing is, i'm not sure if i want it back as a reminder of the last few weeks of hell it has put me through!

Moral of the story? Stay in school folks, do this sh*t in your teens and twenties, and not when you're approaching your mid 30s!!!

• Advertisement

my god and i thaught my thesis was bad! thats alot of work, fair play to ya man! *tips hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i find it staggering that our international "captain" can play, i think it was about 78 minutes of football, without ACTUALLY touching the ****ing thing more than three times. If only there was a decent alternative to that wanker.

that was a disgrace.

i find it staggering that our international "captain" can play, i think it was about 78 minutes of football, without ACTUALLY touching the ****ing thing more than three times. If only there was a decent alternative to that wanker.

that was a disgrace.

well for the captaincy there is, his name is richard dunne! just traps seems to like to keep the armband on fatboy for reasons that are beyond me!

bring back niall quinn! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

jesus christ, bring back ****ing clinton morrison, Robbie Keane is a waste of space.

I KNOW he has the record, but the majority of them goals werent against decent teams, or in important matches, Some were, the majority werent.

Whatever he may have been a few years ago is gone now completely, I struggle to find any side of his game that offers Ireland anything, other than the fact that he works hard...sometimes. He has no real consistent finishing skill, cant anticipate passes/runs and just doesnt have the footballing mind his experience should bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

jesus christ, bring back ****ing clinton morrison, Robbie Keane is a waste of space.

When it comes to records in international football it's irrelevant comparing ones from now to 20+ years ago, especially in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I bet the same people who will bitch and moan aout the governmental fallacies of the country are the same self obsessed, useless lazy pigs who didn't even express their constitutional right to vote on Friday. if you didn't vote, you have no right to bore us all with your jaded political banalities.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I bet the same people who will bitch and moan aout the governmental fallacies of the country are the same self obsessed, useless lazy pigs who didn't even express their constitutional right to vote on Friday. if you didn't vote, you have no right to bore us all with your jaded political banalities.

:rolleyes:

if you didn't vote, you have no right to bore us all with your jaded political banalities.

What utter rot. The second you pay taxes in this country, is the second you're allowed have your say on the shower of sh*tes who are taking that money claiming it's for the benefit of our beloved country when a lot of the time, it's been proven that it's for their own personal gain.

So please, spare the "losing you're entitlement to have an opinion about the country the second one doesn't vote" spiel. It doesn't wash anymore, and you know it.

I wouldn't mind if it logically made sense. Do the people who vote for the party in power have even less right to complain since they're the ones who put them in? What about someone spoiling their vote on purpose as a protest?

What utter rot. The second you pay taxes in this country, is the second you're allowed have your save on the shower of sh*tes who are taking that money claiming it's for the benefit of our beloved country when a lot of the time, it's been proven that it's for their own personal gain.

So please, spare the "losing you're entitlement to have an opinion about the country the second one doesn't vote" spiel. It doesn't wash anymore, and you know it.

This makes absolutely no sense

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if it logically made sense. Do the people who vote for the party in power have even less right to complain since they're the ones who put them in? What about someone spoiling their vote on purpose as a protest?

At least spoiling a vote is sending a message, however inarticulate that mesage that may be. I was commenting on people who don't bother voting, yet p*ss and moan regardless about the political system. Hypocrites.

This makes absolutely no sense

What didn't you understand?

What didn't you understand?

Pretty much all of your post. Could you try to be more articulate please?

Pretty much all of your post. Could you try to be more articulate please?

To break it down, in a language even you will understand.
    If you pay taxes to your government, you're entitled to have an opinion on what way your country is run, regardless if you vote or not.

Next time, try not to get so personal please.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So just to be clear, voting for a different shower of feckless morons than the one running the country is a better option than not voting at all? Politicians in this country are all as bad as each other for the most part, you never hear from them until the run up to an election then they come out in force, only to disappear again once they've won or lost until the next time they have an excuse to plaster a city with posters of their cheesily grinning mugs, the decision to not vote is everyones right as well

krudler wrote: »
    So just to be clear, voting for a different shower of feckless morons than the one running the country is a better option than not voting at all? Politicians in this country are all as bad as each other for the most part, you never hear from them until the run up to an election then they come out in force, only to disappear again once they've won or lost until the next time they have an excuse to plaster a city with posters of their cheesily grinning mugs, the decision to not vote is everyones right as well

I take it you didn't vote then? You only get one chance every few years to affect the running of this country and to be honest people who don't choose to exercise that democratic right get the leaders and government they deserve. Evn spoiling your vote is in some way sending a message. But not bothering to exercise your right to vote and then sitting on the ditch for the next five years complaining about the government is the ultimate hypocrisy in my honest opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I see the right to vote is the right not to vote brigade are out again. Big fat yaaawwwwwwn

Cork realy putting it up to kerry this afternoon i see. i think they'll go far this year.

I wonder did many Dublin fans show up early to support the hurlers this afternoon?

I think Meath could shock their footballers this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Cork realy putting it up to kerry this afternoon i see. i think they'll go far this year.

I wonder did many Dublin fans show up early to support the hurlers this afternoon?

Didn't see the game meself, I saw yesterday that Kieran Donaghy wasn't starting, he'd be a big enough loss, he did very well last year up to the All-Ireland final.

I doubt there was a big Dublin turn out - if the response GAA gets on here is anything to go by the stadium was full of culchies on the day trip up to the big smoke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

The hurling looks great online.

Meath won't shock anyone. They've had an awful league and won't improve enough for Championship time. Cian Ward is a very, very average footballer, he's not the new anyone let alone the new Brian Stafford. As much and all as I have a disliking for the Dubs, Meath just don't have the players they had a few years back.

Maybe I'm just a bitter Longford man, unlike Cork, we know everyone is better than us!!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement