Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gerard.C wrote: »
    if the response GAA gets on here is anything to go by the stadium was full of culchies on the day trip up to the big smoke!

Are you really that surprised at that response on a Pro Wrestling forum?
    Or maybe you missed the turn to go here?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=269

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sunset V wrote: »
    The hurling looks great online.

Meath won't shock anyone. They've had an awful league and won't improve enough for Championship time. Cian Ward is a very, very average footballer, he's not the new anyone let alone the new Brian Stafford. As much and all as I have a disliking for the Dubs, Meath just don't have the players they had a few years back.

Maybe I'm just a bitter Longford man, unlike Cork, we know everyone is better than us!!:)

Good lad I fogot rte.ie had lives treams. Seems like a few showed up to cheer them on anyway.

Longford man eh? I know a few good solid GAA men from those parts. Slashers men if I remember rightly. Ye had fine run through the qualifiers there 4 or 5 years ago, I thought ye were going to make a breakthrough then, but it never materialised.

ShawnRaven wrote: »

Are you saying discussion related to GAA is not allowed in this thread? It is an Off Topic thread after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Isn't this off topic banter? Think i took the right turn, thanks

flahavaj wrote: »
    Are you saying discussion related to GAA is not allowed in this thread? It is an Off Topic thread after all.

Point out where I said that, and i'll consider giving you a gold star. :rolleyes:
    I'm merely pointing out that in a PW wrestling forum, not everyone is going to appreciate GAA, so what's the point in bitching about it when there is a forum where it is appreciated.

Simple as, really. And when you think about it, it's common sense.
    And yes, it is an off topic thread, but between posts like that and the way the hostile direction the voting subject has been going, it may not be for long. :P

• Advertisement

Isn't this off topic banter? Think i took the right turn, thanks

Off topic BANTER, not off topic heated debate or off topic bitching

Source: Dictionary.com

ban⋅ter
      /ˈbæntər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ban-ter]
    –noun
    1. an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

This hasn't been happening here as of late..., thanks :)

Point out where I said that, and i'll consider giving you a gold star. :rolleyes:
    I'm merely pointing out that in a PW wrestling forum, not everyone is going to appreciate GAA, so what's the point in bitching about it when there is a forum where it is appreciated.

Simple as, really. And when you think about it, it's common sense.
    And yes, it is an off topic thread, but between posts like that and the way the hostile direction the voting subject has been going, it may not be for long. :P
    Thanks, I was just clarifying.

Hurling over now, handy win for the Dubs there. Leinster draw will be interesting. If the Dubs get Wexford they have a serious shout of a Leinster Final place, while Galway/KK would be mouth watering to say the least.

Off topic BANTER, not off topic heated debate or off topic bitching

Source: Dictionary.com

ban⋅ter
      /ˈbæntər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ban-ter]
    –noun
    1. an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

This hasn't been happening here as of late..., thanks :)

Yup, exactly like the BANTER between myself and Flahavaj about Tipp and Waterford, which is about all I've contributed to this topic as of late in all fairness

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thanks, I was just clarifying.

Hurling over now, handy win for the Dubs there. Leinster draw will be interesting. If the Dubs get Wexford they have a serious shout of a Leinster Final place, while Galway/KK would be mouth watering to say the least.

Galway hardly stand much of a chance against Kilkenny though? They had some start to their Leinster campaign alright, but I don't think they have the overall team to put anything up against The Cats

Yup, exactly like the BANTER between myself and Flahavaj about Tipp and Waterford, which is about all I've contributed to this topic as of late in all fairness

Can't say i've noticed, i've been fairly busy in all fairness. Just as long as it stays light-hearted and doesn't go malicious, i don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 The Great One

Finally...The Great One has come back to boards.ie

Finally..., you got banned!
    I'm locking this one up guys, in recent days it's become nothing but the opposite of what it was supposed to be. Something light hearted, for a laugh and for the guys to discuss anything other than wrestling.

But I guess some guys just have to ruin it for others. Everything else gets discussed in their relevant forums from this point on.
    Fun while it lasted, i guess.
    lock.gif

Ok folks.
    There seems to be some grieving about the lockdown of the original OTB, thread so this new one is being set in place. A clean slate. Forget anything that happened in the previous one. Only this one has a couple of ground rules, that I think are fair and to follow them isn't a lot to ask.

1. OTB stands for Off Topic Banter! If you want heavy discussion/debate, take it to it's appropriate forum, be it politics or whatever.
    2. Sports talk is cool, but if you wanna talk sport in depth use the relevant forum. NO TEAM TRIBALISM though, no exceptions.
    3. A laugh is fine and good, but leave the in-jokes amongst personal friends to PM's. The thread is for one and all, remember?
    4. Like the rest of the forum, if stuff is gonna be talked about, try to be rational about it. Avoid stuff that could be deemed liabelous.
    5. Pics and youtube videos are welcome in moderation. If you're gonna stick a pic, if it's a massive sized one, have the decency to resize it. In the case of youtube videos, as long as they don't dominate the thread and people don't use them to substitute conversation, i'm all for it.
    6. You've had one OTB thread locked, appreciate this one and respect it, because the minute you don't, it will be gone also.

Other than that, enjoy yourselves folks.
    Now, who wants first crack at the whip? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

The shower of bastids I work for are sending me to France tomorrow.

Jealous?

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    The shower of bastids I work for are sending me to France tomorrow.

Jealous?

Sound like a bunch of nice guys to me. :P

Trust me, they're bastids. They're sending a couple of guys from our Dublin office too, so catching up with them will be cool.

Play this game everyone: http://whatsyourview.net/challenge/
    The aim is to get out of the room. If you get angry easily, this is not for you. I've been playing it for a day and so far I have thrown a pen at the living room window and mashed my laptop with my fist. It's actually a tad bent in the middle now.

Gave up after five minutes, too late to be trying to solve that sh*t. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Trust me, they're bastids. They're sending a couple of guys from our Dublin office too, so catching up with them will be cool.

The aim is to get out of the room. If you get angry easily, this is not for you. I've been playing it for a day and so far I have thrown a pen at the living room window and mashed my laptop with my fist. It's actually a tad bent in the middle now.

I get angry easily, yet I didn't heed the warning. I'm a fool to myself. Time to get my Monkey Island hat on along with my Broken Sword pants and my Sam & Max socks and solve this thing.

I'm almost out. So close yet so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Damn it, I'm never clicking that link again...lack of sleep doesn't help at all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I stopped after 5 minutes for fear of going MAD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

*hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

orestes wrote: »
    *hic*

OTB is officially back in business :pac:

*hic*

I confess, this was the real reason i brought it back. :D

OTB is officially back in business :pac:

OTB version 2, now with even more drunken orestes :D
    I confess, this was the real reason i brought it back. :D

You could just gimme my own thread ya know, orestes drunk thread, like train wreck reading only with more *hic*ing :pac:

OTB version 2, now with even more drunken orestes :D
    And 110% extra win!
    You could just gimme my own thread ya know, orestes drunk thread, like train wreck reading only with more *hic*ing :pac:

Your own thread? Three months ago, this was your own f*cking forum for christs sake! :D

And 110% extra win!

The extra 10% is cos I'm 10% drunker. Absinthe is awesome
    Your own thread? Three months ago, this was your own f*cking forum for christs sake! :D

[mod hat] mods don#t own the forums they mod [/mod hat]

Now gimme my thread or I'll take the forum back and turn it into my drunken playground :p

*DISCLAIMER* I would like to point out that I never posted or modded in this forum while drunk during my time as a mod here. Nope, not even once. Nosireebob, not me

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

To whoever posted the link to the room thingy, I hate you! You've robbed me of 2 hours of my life. But I finished it, so I suppose I have the satisfaction of completing it. But none-the-less, you're a very very bold person! :pac::pac::pac:

Minto wrote: »
    To whoever posted the link to the room thingy, I hate you! You've robbed me of 2 hours of my life. But I finished it, so I suppose I have the satisfaction of completing it. But none-the-less, you're a very very bold person! :pac::pac::pac:

I feel f*cking robbed, you spent 2 hours on that sh*te and i can't even get an hour out of you for another podcast?

It's a sham, i tells you!

• Advertisement

The extra 10% is cos I'm 10% drunker. Absinthe is awesome

Still off the booze here! :D
    [mod hat] mods don#t own the forums they mod [/mod hat]

Now gimme my thread or I'll take the forum back and turn it into my drunken playground :p

No way man, tis mine now! :D
    *DISCLAIMER* I would like to point out that I never posted or modded in this forum while drunk during my time as a mod here. Nope, not even once. Nosireebob, not me

<_<

Oh contraire ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59050365&postcount=194

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement