Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I feel f*cking robbed, you spent 2 hours on that sh*te and i can't even get an hour out of you for another podcast?

It's a sham, i tells you!

Ya see, a lil known fact about podcasting is that I need 2 hours to tune up my vocal cords, an hour of drinking so I can actually listen to you :pac::pac: and then the hour to do it. So, it's not that simple.

I guess what I'm trying to say is are you free tomorrow? LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Minto wrote: »
    Ya see, a lil known fact about podcasting is that I need 2 hours to tune up my vocal cords, an hour of drinking so I can actually listen to you :pac::pac: and then the hour to do it. So, it's not that simple.

I guess what I'm trying to say is are you free tomorrow? LOL!

Hrm, i think i'm washing my hair... let me get back to you. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Download was savage, Limp bizkit, Faith No More, Staind, The Prodigy, Journey and Hollywood undead in that order were the highlights for me everybody I went to see were great including a little know Scottish band called Logan,

Well all with the exception on Marilyn Manson who's performance was a joke he really was utter poo left after 4 songs I dont even think he knew where he was.

Journey? Seriously? They're on their 10th lead singer or something now. They were the reason i didn't bother getting a ticket for Leppard this year!
    That and ever since that Sopranos finale, they've become the kings of knacker anthems since.

Journey? Seriously? They're on their 10th lead singer or something now. They were the reason i didn't bother getting a ticket for Leppard this year!
    That and ever since that Sopranos finale, they've become the kings of knacker anthems since.

Yup they were great and im not familiar with there work at all being honest

I didn't even cop it was them until they played dont stop believing followed by anyway you want it. I was waiting to find out who they were to get there Cds. The Filipino guy they had singing was great and dead cute.

Def Leppard where savage too but was far too wrecked to enjoy em after 5 days of nonstop seeing bands/drinking/messing about

Mike Patton is some awful hero, his cover of pokerface was unreal he could actually release it.

Limp bizkit though, oh dear god stop, after a ten year wait they delivered and it was well worth it.

• Advertisement

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I was waiting to find out who they were to get there Cds. The Filipino guy they had singing was great and dead cute.

Get Escape and Frontiers, but take a pass on anything after 1984, seriously!
    Def Leppard where savage too but was far too wrecked to enjoy em after 5 days of nonstop seeing bands/drinking/messing about

Saw Leppard twice, once in 1992 in the round at the Point, and again for the Slang tour in 1996. The latter had a weak attendance given the direction turn of their music for that particular album. It was Rick Allen's time to shine as he ditched the electric set for a cut down acoustic drum kit, which he could still play very well considering he usually plays what he should play with his left hand, with his left foot using electric pedals. With the acoustic kit, he ditched that and still sounded awesome. :)

Brilliant both times though.

215510125a11048514735l.jpg
    In the post for me, Wonder how many smart remarks/ how much abuse I'll get wearing it? Either way I'm sure it will make a few people smile :) ill wear it with pride

If you get beaten up for wearing that, please do not be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

215510125a11048514735l.jpg

That is fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

On a somewhat related note .... ordered tickets for Faith No More in the olympia this morning!

Apparently sold out pretty dang quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I can happily say that i heard about journey long before they started putting them into the 21st parties song lists.

Had to learn Dont stop for one of my leaving certs homework.
    Apparently it is one of the most perfect examples of how the bass can be used to powerfully and not have to be so overpowering at the same time.

but its true, every note has to be pulled perfectly.
    Great jamming song :)

Pingu, i was slightly confused by the LB part, were they good or not?

That game is wrecking my head....
    Does anyone know a walkthrough?

So far i have found the key, a tube thing and 2 batteries...

HALP!!

halp_orange.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

new guy in journey is excellent, sounds alot like steve perry did 25 years ago, they didn't play open arms which was their biggest hit single when first released (number 2 in the states) but all in all fine set

the song that got the biggest reaction the other night in the O2 was white snakes "here i go", seemed everyone in the crowd knew all the words

C-B-G wrote: »
    Pingu, i was slightly confused by the LB part, were they good or not?

They where brilliant, my favourite band of the weekend surprisingly very popular over there too and rightly so!.

So good I booked tickets at over double to the retail price to there intimate 2000 people gig in London In august that I really Cannot afford lo. l heres to a boring few weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So good I booked tickets at over double to the retail price to there intimate 2000 people gig in London In august that I really Cannot afford lo. l heres to a boring few weekends!

Im sickened i didnt know about this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Sounds class. Would love to see em myself actually!

My own band is having trouble with our album designer at the moment, it appears she's gone AWOL and we're left with an unfinished album design! Very annoying as we wanted it out this week but it'll be at least another 2-3 weeks before we can do anything now.

For anyone interested: http://myspace.com/enemylogic

C-B-G wrote: »
    Im sickened i didnt know about this :(

I didnt either It wasnt on Ticketmaster or advertised on there site, only announced by the venue the Saturday I was at download and was sold out by Sunday. Only found out by chance from a fan site Im on tickets on, Ebay tickets arnt too bad considering

Metallica are here the same day and I got the Bizkit tickets for the same price as I woulda got the Metallica ones James Hetfield can stick his hey hey heys this year :)

You can watch the full Download set heres part one and the other parts should be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Cactus Col wrote: »
    On a somewhat related note .... ordered tickets for Faith No More in the olympia this morning!

Apparently sold out pretty dang quick.

Lucky you! Didn't manage to get a ticket myself because firefox was being slow :mad: Tried at about 9:04 and they seemed to be sold out.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the song that got the biggest reaction the other night in the O2 was white snakes "here i go", seemed everyone in the crowd knew all the words

I hated that song! Both versions (it was remixed with a slower intro in 1987)! For everything Whitesnake have done in the 70s, their 80s "one hit wonder" jobs seem to be what they're remembered for. :(

What were Leppard like?

Lucky you! Didn't manage to get a ticket myself because firefox was being slow :mad: Tried at about 9:04 and they seemed to be sold out.

Saw em in 1993 at Dalymount when they didn't, em y'know, suck! :D
    Way better than the Chili's who were originally pencilled in for that gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Hearing "Still Of The Night" live when I saw Whitesnake live last summer at Graspop was something else. Thought they were great live. Def Leppard were terrible though, annoyed I missed Firewind for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Just said I'd log onto boards from my computer at work...... yes, I got a job for the summer. Recession my ****in arse. Piss easy job too, helping out in an Enginerer office for a week or two while people are on holidays then out onto some form of site for the rest of the summer I'd say, happy days.

I must agree with the girl of the pingus, Limp Bizkit were unreal at Download, though it has to be said the highlight of the weekend for me was Motley Crue, finally got to see them live at Download and they were feckin brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What were Leppard like?

leppard i thought were good, you either love them or you hate them i guess, played most of the big hits, i would say 50% of the mostly capacity crowd left before leppards encore (love and hate/lets gets rocked)

joes voice isn't what it was 20 years ago but its holding up alot better than meat loafs :P

rossie1977 wrote: »
    leppard i thought were good, you either love them or you hate them i guess, played most of the big hits, i would say 50% of the mostly capacity crowd left before leppards encore (love and hate/lets gets rocked)

Probably because they're sick to death of those songs.
    joes voice isn't what it was 20 years ago but its holding up alot better than meat loafs :P

His voice goes to patches like that though, He was very croaky for the Slang tour in the old Point in 1996. But i heard a show from Millenium night whilst supporting Euphoria and he sounded f*cking amazing. :)

I guess that was nearly ten years ago though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Journey? Seriously? They're on their 10th lead singer or something now. They were the reason i didn't bother getting a ticket for Leppard this year!.

you really missed out then dude. I was at the gig and it was unreal, the new guy singing with journey sounds exactly like joe perry its slightly scarey! tesla, whitesnake, and leppard were all brilliant!

Didn't know Tesla were playing, would have sacrificed my ears for Journey then had that been the case.

the four bands were brilliant! they just rocked it properly!!

the four bands were brilliant! they just rocked it properly!!

I had a hefty first four months of gigs, both here and in the UK, so my next big gig won't be til December, when i see Depeche Mode in the o2.

will that be the first time you have been to the new point (for a gig i mean, i know you were at the ufc)

will that be the first time you have been to the new point (for a gig i mean, i know you were at the ufc)

Yeah, it'll be the first time at the o2 for a musical event, unless something crops up.

• Advertisement

it's a great venue, it actually made for music, about time after the shed that was the point!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement