Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    My final exam for my teaching diploma in IT is on Monday, won't get the results for about two months then. And by then i'll probably be knee deep in wedding plans to give a f*ck.

I'd wake em up, how often do you get to graduate? ;)
    good look shawn hope you do well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    Outgoing, selling accidental detah insurance to UK people who did not tick the box on the end of their credit/store card applications. Horrific.

Oh man, i don't envy you on that at all.
    There was one gent who used just answer the phone and scream "stop calling this number". Of course everyone would just set him for a rescheduled call back.

I do end up feeling like that with NTL to be honest, they're always f*cking ringing my phone every week. Changing my number next week. The sanity will be unreal. :D
    The only upside of working there was I was working with my then girlfriend, so we got to amuse ourselves from time to time on company time.

Only ever worked with a girlfriend once, it was f*cking disaster because we'd never get the breaks we needed from each other cos we saw each other so often. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I ws working on a line, packaging windows 95, or may it was 99, cant remember for 2 summers during college, with imbeciles and morons. At the same time during the first summer I also had a nightclub job, so i would finish a 12 hour shift, get home for 2 hours and back to work til 3am, go home for 4 hours sleep and back to work again. I was like a zombie for quite a while that summer.

Of course working in said factory, I heard one of the greatest conversations I ever overheard. I wa sout having a smoke at break (I used smoke then obviously). It was a saturday.

Girl 1: "Shurleeeeeee, you gooooon out tonite"?
    Shirley: " I am girl"
    Girl 1: "gettin sex?"
    Shirley: "Cmere gurl, I wouldn't know me hole at this stage if I fell into it"

Exit me sniggering

I apologise in advance I have have hurt anyones feelings with the above. Its a true story which i like relaying.

One of the best stories I've heard from summer work was one my friend told me. He work on a farm for a summer for a few weeks to try and scrape a few pound together for himself. One day himself and the farmer were hunting cattle into the parlour to milk them. The farmer was putting the milkers on the cows tits, but one cow gave him wicked hassle, so the farmers response was to go around to the front of the cow and punch it straight in the face. I'd say that poor divil gave wicked sour milk that week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

congrats MNG, 2.1? fair play to ya! yeah my results are out tomorrow at 12....but ill be too engulfed watching giant robots, explosions and megan fox to check them then!! :pac:

I really don't get the big deal with Megan Fox (and don't even think about plaguing this thread with pics!), I saw How To Lose Friends & Alienate People the other night, and personally, i thought Gillian Anderson was hotter (STILL!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

well in how to lose phriends, megan was going through her rediculously skinny, weighs about as much as a photograph ov herself phase. it took michael bay to tell her to go eat a sandwich ....and god bless him phor it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I really don't get the big deal with Megan Fox

was thinking the same thing, and she surely has the worst female tattoos ever, well that girl with the stars on her face probably runs her close now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Your booze in calories. It is very rough and vague but gives a good indication of much you are ****ing yourself up at the weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/headroom/newsandevents/programmes/calculator.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

congrats MNG, 2.1? fair play to ya! yeah my results are out tomorrow at 12....but ill be too engulfed watching giant robots, explosions and megan fox to check them then!! :pac:

I just seen mine online, I got a 2.2:(:(
    That bottle of wine in my fridge looks very tempting right now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rjd2 wrote: »

2.2 is good, man. I was under the impression last week I would get that. It's an honour's degree and will hopefully open doors for you.

• Advertisement

Aw, seriously! A 2.2 is nothing to be snorted at at all!
    If you won't give yourself the credit then I will, congratulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Thanks everyone I suppose I could have done worse as their was a couple of exams that I Billy Gunned at Christmas. :pac:
    I'l be giving serious consideration to doing a Masters next year. :o

brolly wrote: »
    By the way...your new sig pic is phucking class SR!

Cheers, I got a few photoshop/PSP lessons after the guy who used to do my sig images dropped me in it the last time (by nicking someone elses one online, not telling them, and on top of it, not telling me!). I ran the idea by orestes and he loved it, so we both stuck it in our sigs. :D

10 minute knockout job, i'm proud of it myself. :)

Thanks everyone I suppose I could have done worse as their was a couple of exams that I Billy Gunned at Christmas. :pac:
    I'l be giving serious consideration to doing a Masters next year. :o

That's more like it. As you said, there's a bottle of wine going for ya.
    But i'd be using it to celebrate if I were you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I wish i went to proper college :(:(

C-B-G wrote: »
    I wish i went to proper college :(:(

I kinda am too, because i've done the guts of two years work in three months and i'm mentally drained as a result.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Cheers, I got a few photoshop/PSP lessons after the guy who used to do my sig images dropped me in it the last time (by nicking someone elses one online, not telling them, and on top of it, not telling me!). I ran the idea by orestes and he loved it, so we both stuck it in our sigs. :D

10 minute knockout job, i'm proud of it myself. :)

Its class man...10 mins...If I tried to do it, I'd be here to next week!

brolly wrote: »
    Its class man...10 mins...If I tried to do it, I'd be here to next week!

Nah. you wouldn't. Black and white and bumping up the contrast makes the worst looking image looks good.

Hell, look at my avatar for christs sakes!

I think i'm gonna move these to OTB actually. :)

Today I finished off watching Rising Damp (there are four series', I watched them over the last week). Must admit, It's a truly brilliant TV show. I highly recommend it to anyone in search of a good laugh. (although in saying that it seems to be a real love it or hate it kinda show, judging by the opinions of people I know.

All the characters are excellent protrayed. Leonard Rossiter is great in it, and plays his part absolutely flawlessly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Congrats to all the guys with your college results, phair phucks to the lot of ya! I hope they are the start of good things phor you all and they open up the roads you want to walk down.

*tips hat*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nerds with yeer college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

orestes wrote: »
    Congrats to all the guys with your college results, phair phucks to the lot of ya! I hope they are the start of good things phor you all and they open up the roads you want to walk down.

*tips hat*

What? No *hic*? I'm disgusted!

BTW, *hic*

Been listening to these guys a lot lately. Been a diehard fan since about 1996

It's a long-ass song, but it's more like six songs blended into one. Prog Rock isn't for everyone, but it's kinda mellow, and kinda rocky at the same time.

And yes, that is a cricket bat the singer is playing... don't ask!

Went to see The Prodigy in Cork last night. I have never seen such a diverse crowd at a gig in my life. Young emos, young scummys, young rich kids, adult emos (Whats going on there, thought they would have grown out of that "lifestyle" by 18?), adult scummys, older clubheads, glam girls, metalers....eevrything.

The gig itself was quite good. My first time seeing them in 15 years. They played something from all 4 albums and finished with the classic of classics Out Of Space. Good gig all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Went to see The Prodigy in Cork last night. I have never seen such a diverse crowd at a gig in my life. Young emos, young scummys, young rich kids, adult emos (Whats going on there, thought they would have grown out of that "lifestyle" by 18?), adult scummys, older clubheads, glam girls, metalers....eevrything.

The gig itself was quite good. My first time seeing them in 15 years. They played something from all 4 albums and finished with the classic of classics Out Of Space. Good gig all round.

There's one of them in my course, every now and then I have to look at him and try and figure out what happened him. Mid 30's I'd say and he is ROCKING the skinny black jeans and dyed black hair.

(Whats going on there, thought they would have grown out of that "lifestyle" by 18?)

I suppose you'll be saying that it's no longer acceptable to have long hair after the age if 18 then?

The fact that you highlight that over "adult scummys" and "adult clubheads", both statistically proven to have caused more trouble in general society is equally disturbing.

Unless you're talking about growing out of that image, but as a lifestyle, they're actually pretty harmless (except maybe to themselves).

What the phuck is goin on with the weather these days? :mad:

I suppose you'll be saying that it's no longer acceptable to have long hair after the age if 18 then?

Not at all. I have long hair myself. Long hair is perfectly acceptable as long as it is not used as a tool to hide baldness. Or used as a tool to aide a combover. However, i am sure there are many who think long hair on men is never acceptable, ever.
    The fact that you highlight that over "adult scummys" and "adult clubheads", both statistically proven to have caused more trouble in general society is equally disturbing.

Unless you're talking about growing out of that image, but as a lifestyle, they're actually pretty harmless (except maybe to themselves).

I was just always under the impression that emo was for 16 year olds who don't realise that their parents actually do really love them.

With regard to adult scummys, many never grow out of being a scumbag unfortunately. I know that from where I grew up and where I currently live. And I said older clubheads, not adult clubheads ;) (which is the category I would put myself for the record.)

Not at all. I have long hair myself. Long hair is perfectly acceptable as long as it is not used as a tool to hide baldness. Or used as a tool to aide a combover.

But i thought you would have grown out of that by now... I know you're not that much younger than me.

Ok, so I jest, but you get my point.
    I was just always under the impression that emo was for 16 year olds who don't realise that their parents actually do really love them.

You'd be surprised who get that impersonation about guys with long hair in their 30s and beyond.
    And besides, you can hardly begrudge bands like Green Day their living. Granted their music isn't emo, but their current image certainly is!
    With regard to adult scummys, many never grow out of being a scumbag unfortunately. I know that from where I grew up and where I currently live. And I said older clubheads, not adult clubheads ;) (which is the category I would put myself for the record.)

There's a difference?
    (you see where i'm going with this, right?) :)

• Advertisement

Heres a quetion for everyone, was there one moment that you can recall that you realised how old you were?
    In the sense that you felt old, not necessarily that you ARE old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement