Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Woo!! Just got a 2:1 in my exams!! I'm over the moon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

C-B-G wrote: »
    Heres a quetion for everyone, was there one moment that you can recall that you realised how old you were?
    In the sense that you felt old, not necessarily that you ARE old.

This very week. Myself and the buddy were discussing going to last night gig, we were both trying to get out of driving, even though neither of us were drinking. I ended up driving. As we arrived there, decided to pay for parking in case it was pissing rain when we came out. When we got there, we had coffee. I was then I thought, if this was a few years ago, we would ahve taken a half day yesterday, been in the pub for 3, would have headed to a club after and taken today off as no doubt we would have been at a party after the club.

Instead, I was in bed by 11.30.

A sobering thought that is. I guess its 30s comfort and all. But it does not sit well with me. Not one bit.

Oh, and I suppose when i paid my first mortgage payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Heres a quetion for everyone, was there one moment that you can recall that you realised how old you were?

Yes, only yesterday when I read a post by paddyirishman85, when I was talking about video players, and he thought i was talking about youtube when I was actually talking about VHS players.

That wasn't the first time either. I'm dreading the day when i have kids. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to become a dad and all, but when they get to the age of 12-13 and start asking the one question that every music fan in their 30s dread.

"Da.... who were the stone roses?"

Laugh now, but you guys that are younger than me, jokes on you when your future kids ask you who Oasis were! :D

gimmick wrote: »
    This very week. Myself and the buddy were discussing going to last night gig, we were both trying to get out of driving, even though neither of us were drinking. I ended up driving. As we arrived there, decided to pay for parking in case it was pissing rain when we came out. When we got there, we had coffee. I was then I thought, if this was a few years ago, we would ahve taken a half day yesterday, been in the pub for 3, would have headed to a club after and taken today off as no doubt we would have been at a party after the club.

Instead, I was in bed by 11.30.

Either you didn't have to drive very far, or that gig ended stupidly early!
    When i was over in Wales for Gathering 17 in January, we tried to get one of our friends to join us for the gig we were going to, instead she was at a different gig in London. Fair enough, we all have our preferences and all that, but when i heard the gig finished up due to a 9.45pm curfew, i nearly crapped myself laughing! This is in England's capital! (gig was at the Islington Academy for those curious), while our gig in Llandudno, North Wales finished up at about 2am in the morning!

I couldn't get over that at all.

Both. Finished about 10.45 due to noise curfew. I live about 4 miles from the venue.

• Advertisement

Both. Finished about 10.45 due to noise curfew. I live about 4 miles from the venue.

Noise curfew really pisses me off for the bendable standards involved.
    People caused a major fuss when U2 were announced for Lansdowne Road for the Popmart tour in 1997, but were more than delighted when Oasis played there three years later?

I love U2's music, and freely admit that Bono is a complete knob-end outside of the band, but Liam Gallagher is farrrrrr far worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When I was 18 I was talkin to my dad and mentioned how I was tempted to beat the **** out of someone in school and he pointed out I was 18. When yer 17 ya could pretty much leave someone maimed and get away with it, lay a finger on someone when you're 18 or over and you're probably ****ed.

Edit- Also, just out of Applied Maths, ****ing disaster. Looks like Science or Maths next year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yes, only yesterday when I read a post by paddyirishman85, when I was talking about video players, and he thought i was talking about youtube when I was actually talking about VHS players.

That wasn't the first time either. I'm dreading the day when i have kids. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to become a dad and all, but when they get to the age of 12-13 and start asking the one question that every music fan in their 30s dread.

"Da.... who were the stone roses?"

Laugh now, but you guys that are younger than me, jokes on you when your future kids ask you who Oasis were! :D

Bloody hell, didn't think my Youtube joke would have had such an effect on everyone. I should have added a smiley beside it. SR is right though, eventually, youngsters will be routing round in the attic, find a VHS and stare at it blankly

But yeah, I've been really starting to feel old lately, especially when I meet young ones out in the pub who were only starting school when I was leaving it.

I've done 5 years of college, and been working for a year. And I'm only 23

amacachi wrote: »
    When I was 18 I was talkin to my dad and mentioned how I was tempted to beat the **** out of someone in school and he pointed out I was 18. When yer 17 ya could pretty much leave someone maimed and get away with it, lay a finger on someone when you're 18 or over and you're probably ****ed.

So true with our judicial system, it's a joke. Even worse if you happen to be in the process of defending yourself or your property too.

But that would be one for the ranting and raving forum, because if i get started on that here, there'll be no stopping me!

SR is right though, eventually, youngsters will be routing round in the attic, find a VHS and stare at it blankly

Already happening with audio tapes, m'man. The minidisc will be next.
    And you know you're old school when you remember laserdiscs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

so what are you's up to for the summer

I had the terrible dis pleasure of watching a newer episode of scrubs the other day. Sweet baby jesus and the orphans, what have the done with ity. JD must be the biggest weener on TV now. Honestly the guy is sickening. It was kind of amusing at the start, but as the series' progressed it got more ridiculous. Seriously, I have seen simple people depicted as less needy than him in shows.

On the plus side, i watched series oen of Phoenix nights again last week. Classic. Is there a bigger assh**e than Brian potter :) ?

I had the terrible dis pleasure of watching a newer episode of scrubs the other day. Sweet baby jesus and the orphans, what have the done with ity. JD must be the biggest weener on TV now. Honestly the guy is sickening. It was kind of amusing at the start, but as the series' progressed it got more ridiculous. Seriously, I have seen simple people depicted as less needy than him in shows.
    the last episode was sad so do not put down scrubs when i am around

the last episode was sad so do not put down scrubs when i am around

I'm sorry, but i'm with gimmick on this one. Scrubs is the biggest pile of unadulterated crap i've ever seen. The difference is gimmick was able to tolerate it once. It's always been dirt as far as i'm concerned.

My missus loves it for some reason, can't say i share her taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I lost interest after season 5 to be honest, i thought it wasn't funny at all anymore. What happened in the last episode? The title says TV spoilers, so work away I would think. Did Ross and Rach..... JD and Elliot live happily ever after?

*edit*
    Sorry alltimelow, but if you're gonna do a copy and paste job, do it properly please.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    The title says TV spoilers, so work away I would think.

Yep, go nuts! As long as it says it in the title, then tough sh*t if you come in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The last season was a return to the greatness of the first season IMHO. I'd love to see them do a spin off with the interns introduced in the last season. They were class.

On another note, I'm never drinking again. I ended up drinking, in various (and in some cases, disgusting) combinations, Jack Daniels, Pernod, coke (the cola variety), Miller, WCC Rose, Absinthe, Southern Comfort, some ****ty Smirnoff Cosmo mix (that the cocktail barman inside me had to taste to see if it was better than mine, which it wasn't). Oh and Pernod doesn't mix well with water or coca cola. It does however, mix very well with Apple and Raspberry J2O!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

have to say i really like scrubs, haven't yet had time to check out the last 2 seasons. i hear there is another season in the works

Minto wrote: »
    On another note, I'm never drinking again. I ended up drinking, in various (and in some cases, disgusting) combinations, Jack Daniels, Pernod, coke (the cola variety), Miller, WCC Rose, Absinthe, Southern Comfort, some ****ty Smirnoff Cosmo mix (that the cocktail barman inside me had to taste to see if it was better than mine, which it wasn't). Oh and Pernod doesn't mix well with water or coca cola. It does however, mix very well with Apple and Raspberry J2O!

Heard that one before.
    Doing a podcast with you later will be amusing to say the least. :)

• Advertisement

they are going to do a spin off with the new guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So true with our judicial system, it's a joke. Even worse if you happen to be in the process of defending yourself or your property too.
    Course if I'd done it before I was 18 as well I'd've been set for life. :P

Gaming and scratching. Gonna try and get in shape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

they are going to do a spin off with the new guys

american spinoffs are usually beyond horrible :(

rossie1977 wrote: »
    american spinoffs are usually beyond horrible :(

So true. I f*cking hated Friends with a passion, but Joey was especially worse.

Just back from Download in England, all I have lined up other than the new job is Metallica in Marlay Park and Pearl Jam in London (and maybe manchester, depending on how much effort I am willing to make). There's plenty of things I'd like to do but half 8 to half 5 Monday to Friday is kinda out the window for the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Heard that one before.
    Doing a podcast with you later will be amusing to say the least. :)

Dude, I'd forgotten about that. How ya fixed for half 2 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Joey was ok cos it was a different direction than friends, to me it seemed that whenever i watch 2 and a half men i am reminded of joey constantly.

But once again, what the phuck happened in the scrubs phinish?

Last time i watched it, Zach BraV said he was leaving but the producers said scrubs would consider refocusing who was the title character.

Minto wrote: »
    Dude, I'd forgotten about that. How ya fixed for half 2 or 3?

Not sure to be honest, plumber said he'd arrive anytime after 11am, well it's close to 2am and there's still no sign. :/

Not sure to be honest, plumber said he'd arrive anytime after 11am, well it's close to 2am and there's still no sign. :/

My guess is 3:05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Pencil me down for getting a call at about 3.20 to tell ya he'll be there in a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement