Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

C-B-G wrote: »
    Joey was ok cos it was a different direction than friends, to me it seemed that whenever i watch 2 and a half men i am reminded of joey constantly.

Ya can't compare Two and a Half Men to Joey! TAAHM is one of the (if not the) best comedy going today. The Office (American version) is a close second IMHO.
    But once again, what the phuck happened in the scrubs phinish?

Check this out.

Last time i watched it, Zach BraV said he was leaving but the producers said scrubs would consider refocusing who was the title character.

Bill Lawrence is leaving too. I think refocusing the series would be bad (look at 8 simple rules after John Ritter died). I'd prefer a spin-off with John C. McGinley as Cox. Maybe Donald Faison and Judy Reyes could come back as Turk and Carla, but in diminished roles. The interns would be the main focus of the show.

Oh and has anyone else seen The Hangover yet? It's epically funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Minto wrote: »
    Ya can't compare Two and a Half Men to Joey! TAAHM is one of the (if not the) best comedy going today. The Office (American version) is a close second IMHO.

I am only comparing it in the sense that some jokes and situations are kinda the same, the main difference is that TaA1/2M is funny, where as joey, well, not so much.

Bill Lawrence is leaving too. I think refocusing the series would be bad (look at 8 simple rules after John Ritter died). I'd prefer a spin-off with John C. McGinley as Cox. Maybe Donald Faison and Judy Reyes could come back as Turk and Carla, but in diminished roles. The interns would be the main focus of the show.

Originally they wanted scrubs to continue with everyone bar JD, write a series where everyone gets the same airtime and then see does anyone emerge as the natural focus of the show.

But i guess when they realised that the show would bomb without JD it was canned?
    Oh and has anyone else seen The Hangover yet? It's epically funny.

YES, YES and YES!!!

It is sooo dam good, everything about it is perfect.

I went to see it twice already and one of my mates and his mate hasnt seen it so i'll be going again tomorrow probably. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

still going to miss the show

still going to miss the show

Can you not sky+ it?

no because there not making it with jd any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Minto wrote: »
    Bill Lawrence is leaving too. I think refocusing the series would be bad (look at 8 simple rules after John Ritter died). I'd prefer a spin-off with John C. McGinley as Cox. Maybe Donald Faison and Judy Reyes could come back as Turk and Carla, but in diminished roles. The interns would be the main focus of the show. .

the plan as far as ive heard is that turk becomes the head of surgery, carla is the head of nurses and the show is focused around a new cast, jd and elliot make the odd guest appearance but thatll be it....in other words, its gonna be sh!t!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That's a reason to watch it. Ugly, goofy lookin' git like him! :)

Then just watch it with JD, everythings easier when you have some JD...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    That's a reason to watch it. Ugly, goofy lookin' git like him! :)

i was only saying that recently, if he was a real person i'd hate to know him!

i was only saying that recently, if he was a real person i'd hate to know him!

I used to watch Eastenders in the 90s out of sheer and utter boredom. And he reminds me of this twat

200px-Robbie_jackson_22.jpg

• Advertisement

he looks a bit like you shawn (joke)

he looks a bit like you shawn (joke)

The joke's on us. Ever seen some of the women he's ever pulled?
    They'd make you cry in your beer while sucking you in and blowing you out in 31 different flavours. What they see in the guy i've no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

gimmick wrote: »
    Went to see The Prodigy in Cork last night. I have never seen such a diverse crowd at a gig in my life. Young emos, young scummys, young rich kids, adult emos (Whats going on there, thought they would have grown out of that "lifestyle" by 18?), adult scummys, older clubheads, glam girls, metalers....eevrything.

The gig itself was quite good. My first time seeing them in 15 years. They played something from all 4 albums and finished with the classic of classics Out Of Space. Good gig all round.

Saw em at download last week they were great, amazing stage presence and energy, was in the pit for the start of the set rough as hell and I didnt expect it to be at all as i thought the moshers would be over at the main stage watching slipknot.

Ended up leaving the pit and stood back a bit to watch was standing beside a couple in there late 60's early 70's yer man was sitting on a deck chair while the wife was dancing like a lunatic in her prodigy t-shirt . Really diverse crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

pingu_girl wrote: »

Ended up leaving the pit and stood back a bit to watch was standing beside a couple in there late 60's early 70's yer man was sitting on a deck chair while the wife was dancing like a lunatic in her prodigy t-shirt . Really diverse crowd

60s or 70s, photo or gtfo :D

they were probably in their 30s, kids today :P

rossie1977 wrote: »

Late 30s, early 40s all pruned up after "all dem e's in the noinetieees when eeee's werrrre e's!"

rossie1977 wrote: »

I swear lol I didnt have my camera with me but I woulda took pics.

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I swear lol I didnt have my camera with me but I woulda took pics.

I love the way people say this when mobile phones are at the point where they can almost aid you to colonise mars! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I love the way people say this when mobile phones are at the point where they can almost aid you to colonise mars! :)

Mobile Phones are, in fact, SO good that people probably would leave them in the campsite lockers for fear of the them being broekn/lost ;)

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Mobile Phones are, in fact, SO good that people probably would leave them in the campsite lockers for fear of the them being broekn/lost ;)

I'd be the opposite. Of course, i'd only speak for myself, but it's not like lockers can't be broken into either. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I just keep my stuff in my pockets, don't know why others don't, safest place for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd be the opposite. Of course, i'd only speak for myself, but it's not like lockers can't be broken into either. ;)

I don't mind it if it was an easy going concert, like the last day with Def Leppard and ZZ Top, there was no fear of the camera getting smashed there. I dunno how wise it would have been to bring the camera to slipknot though, you know yourself, very rought stuff altogether

I was very impressed with the lockers at download, they were about the only area with good security.

amacachi wrote: »
    I just keep my stuff in my pockets, don't know why others don't, safest place for it.

Exactly the reason i stopped drinking at gigs/festivals. That and my gig buddy is quite short and a bit vunerable, so i tend to act as a shield for her where there are several hundred people behind us.

Once we hit the bar or the hotel after the gig, then it's time to get ratted! I was the same for UFC. There was no point in getting ratted and not remembering the fights. Enjoyed the prelims, enjoyed the main card. Got ratted after the show. :)

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I don't mind it if it was an easy going concert, like the last day with Def Leppard and ZZ Top, there was no fear of the camera getting smashed there. I dunno how wise it would have been to bring the camera to slipknot though, you know yourself, very rought stuff altogether

I was very impressed with the lockers at download, they were about the only area with good security.

Yeah, i've seen slipknot live supporting Metallica in 2004, it can be fairly rough. Combats with side pockets are the best thing for heavily crowded gigs. All your valuables go into em and they're fairly safe, from my own experience.

Exactly the reason i stopped drinking at gigs/festivals. That and my gig buddy is quite short and a bit vunerable, so i tend to act as a shield for her where there are several hundred people behind us.

Once we hit the bar or the hotel after the gig, then it's time to get ratted! I was the same for UFC. There was no point in getting ratted and not remembering the fights. Enjoyed the prelims, enjoyed the main card. Got ratted after the show. :)

Even when I'm ****ed up (like 5 hour blackout ****ed up) all that ever goes missing from my pocket is my smokes, though I probably smoke them. :P

I usually just get ****ed up at gigs that I'm not interested in but am just going to for the craic. Stayed sober for both Tool and Slayer a coupla years back, which was a good decision.

I usually just get ****ed up at gigs that I'm not interested in but am just going to for the craic. Stayed sober for both Tool and Slayer a coupla years back, which was a good decision.

Saw Slayer live in the SFX in 1995, i think when they were touring for Divine Intervention. I too stayed sober for it. I didnt have much choice in the matter, my life kinda depended on it! :D

That said, Araya is very protective of fans and security. If something goes down that he's not happy about, he'll stop the show and make sure that order is restored.

Saw Slayer live in the SFX in 1995, i think when they were touring for Divine Intervention. I too stayed sober for it. I didnt have much choice in the matter, my life kinda depended on it! :D

That said, Araya is very protective of fans and security. If something goes down that he's not happy about, he'll stop the show and make sure that order is restored.

Fair play, though he probably just imagines what it would be like for him in there, his hip must be starting to go. :P

Fair play, though he probably just imagines what it would be like for him in there, his hip must be starting to go. :P

I'm sure it was in a lot better shape 14 years ago when I saw him. :)

Have to agree I always stay sober for bands I really want to see the first time I see them, with the exception of bands you'd want to be drunk for like Combichrist god I was in some hoop altogether for them, could have done with more booze for Prodigy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Never end up drinking before a gig unless it's one or two, and a good few hours before I even get to the venue...well there was the extra one to have to endure the Villagers as Bell X1's support act back in March...and possibly again next week :eek:

• Advertisement

*hic*
    Yup, cranberry juice and a chinese meal do not mix...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement