Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Yeah and you had the cheek to call me one pfffffft.

Well you did once have an emo haircut. :)

flahavaj wrote: »
    'Tis what Daddy flahavaj and his father before him would have done. I see no need sway from the thinking of such great and solid men.:cool:

I see no need to not slap a ban on you for acting like a dick. Now pipe down with that sort of sh*te, or take it elsewhere please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I see no need to not slap a ban on you for acting like a dick. Now pipe down with that sort of sh*te, or take it elsewhere please.

I my defence I posted that before I read your last post.

I my defence I posted that before I read your last post.

Point taken on board flahavaj, which is why i only said it again, without acting on it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Well you did once have an emo haircut. :)

The Mohawk with the rats tail? *shudders* dark dark days.

• Advertisement

The Mohawk with the rats tail? *shudders* dark dark days.

ADMISSION???! Finally, it only took you 18 f*cking months! I remember you nearly using a solicitor to defend that haircut. :D

Mind you, my goatee wearing phase wasn't much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

look theres not wrong with emo and there hairstyles and i like skinny jeans anyway and fall out boy t-shirts so there

Can I just ask exactly what counts as Off Topic Banter these days? I'm not trying to cause trouble but I'm not too sure anymore. What I've posted earlier is what I would construe as light hearted banter, which is actively encouraged in the new rules? How is it any more or less acceptable than, say, pages of banter between drunken posters as have been posted earlier in the thread? If this is the wrong place to ask I can start a thread in Helpdesk as I'm genuinely confused, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate some guidance here.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Mind you, my goatee wearing phase wasn't much better.

Neither was your 'trying to grow your hair back' stage a couple of years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

ADMISSION???! Finally, it only took you 18 f*cking months! I remember you nearly using a solicitor to defend that haircut. :D.

Yeah but at least my hair was able to grow back ;)

.............oh no she didn't :pac:

• Advertisement

Can I just ask exactly what counts as Off Topic Banter these days? I'm not trying to cause trouble but I'm not too sure anymore. What I've posted earlier is what I would construe as light hearted banter, which is actively encouraged in the new rules? How is it any more or less acceptable than, say, pages of banter between drunken posters as have been posted earlier in the thread? If this is the wrong place to ask I can start a thread in Helpdesk as I'm genuinely confused, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate some guidance here.:confused:

I'm no fan of emo myself, but i respect and appreciate the fact that others are. I don't know anyone elses music taste. So i won't go ahead and impose my opinion passing it off as what i think is right. Something you clearly did a few posts back. Light hearted banter is one thing, being intolerant and prejudicial is another story altogether.

If you can't see what was wrong with your post, then something is clearly not right.

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Neither was your 'trying to grow your hair back' stage a couple of years back.

That was funny though! :)

Yeah but at least my hair was able to grow back ;)

Everyone has to do a public service to their city at some stage. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Well balls anyway, I forgot it was Saturday, not Friday. Thus, 19:30 on ITV, no Coronation Street to be found :(

Well balls anyway, I forgot it was Saturday, not Friday. Thus, 19:30 on ITV, no Coronation Street to be found :(

*mentions nothing about someones fetish for Rosie Webster*
    ROSIE_WEBSTER.jpg

Mind you... I would, so i take back all i said before. :D

It's a Saturday Night! There's a reason there's nothing decent on TV, just like daytime television is put on to encourage kids to go to school, Weekend is there to drive the punters to drink, and hit the nearest pub. In fact, i'm convinced certain stations are funded by publicans.

I'm no fan of emo myself, but i respect and appreciate the fact that others are. I don't know anyone elses music taste. So i won't go ahead and impose my opinion passing it off as what i think is right. Something you clearly did a few posts back. Light hearted banter is one thing, being intolerant and prejudicial is another story altogether.

If you can't see what was wrong with your post, then something is clearly not right.

I was merely expressing an opinion however and you yourself are no stranger to forcefully expressed opinions. (And the smilie I placed after my quote would surely place it in the category of light hearted banter in any event, no?) You own opinions and dismissal of the GAA would be one example, which you have expressed on several occasions in OTB. The point being that if we are to take this to the nth degree then opinions would have to be banned in this thread altogether as every opinion could be construed as being offensive by someone in some way shape or form. I note the uncensored use of inflammatory terms like "scumbag" in this thread already for example.

Again I'm not trying to cause trouble or wind you up, I'm simply seeking consistency and balance and will happily take this to Helpdesk if deemed more appropriate.

It's a Saturday Night! There's a reason there's nothing decent on TV, just like daytime television is put on to encourage kids to go to school, Weekend is there to drive the punters to drink, and hit the nearest pub. In fact, i'm convinced certain stations are funded by publicans.

Mind you... I would, so i take back all i said before. :D

Isn't she a schoolchild?:eek:

Isn't she a schoolchild?:eek:

At the age of 20, she mustn't have much in the head then. :P

At the age of 20, she mustn't have much in the head then. :P

Haven't see Corrie in years tbh, the last time I rememer seeing her she was a child, or at least playing one. People have done and said worse I guess.

• Advertisement

Haven't see Corrie in years tbh, the last time I rememer seeing her she was a child, or at least playing one. People have done and said worse I guess.

Then maybe get your facts straight before insinuating someone is a kiddy fiddler. :P
    Consider yourself on your final warning, your last ban was one month, you next one is three months

Then maybe get your facts straight before insinuating someone is a kiddy fiddler. :P

God hardly.;)

I was merely expressing an opinion however and you yourself are no stranger to forcefully expressed opinions. (And the smilie I placed after my quote would surely place it in the category of light hearted banter in any event, no?) You own opinions and dismissal of the GAA would be one example, which you have expressed on several occasions in OTB. The point being that if we are to take this to the nth degree then opinions would have to be banned in this thread altogether as every opinion could be construed as being offensive by someone in some way shape or form. I note the uncensored use of inflammatory terms like "scumbag" in this thread already for example.

Again I'm not trying to cause trouble or wind you up, I'm simply seeking consistency and balance and will happily take this to Helpdesk if deemed more appropriate.

Oddly enough, you only highlight my opinions of anti GAA, when there were others too. People asked me why I didn't like, i told them. Plain and simple. Plus it was the spoken subject at the time. You on the other hand, started a subject, and immediately blasted a genre of music fans that you didn't even know existed until that very moment. My comments slated a sport, yours slated a bunch of music fans, some of which post here.

Feel free to either take this via PM to me, or to helpdesk if you feel the need to do so.
    God hardly.;)

No, you're not trying to wind me up at all.
    PM or Helpdesk from this point on please. Because at the rate this is snowballing, we're looking in the general direction of another OTB thread lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just reading about waist sizes on the last page, looks like I'm the fattest person on this forum. :P

amacachi wrote: »
    Just reading about waist sizes on the last page, looks like I'm the fattest person on this forum. :P

Ha I used be a 40, before I copped on. Back to the 34 now.

Ha I used be a 40, before I copped on. Back to the 34 now.

48-50 myself. Hips are the same size though.

amacachi wrote: »
    48-50 myself. Hips are the same size though.

Jesus you must have fierce trouble getting trousers? Even at size 40 i had to get most of mine in the States.

Jesus you must have fierce trouble getting trousers? Even at size 40 i had to get most of mine in the States.

Jeans aren't too bad, 42 fits me most anywhere I've tried, though I had assumed size=inches, but not the case apparently.
    Shorts and tracksuit bottoms are impossible to get, though not because of my belly.

This discussion reminds me of this masterpiece of comedy.
    I miss Rodney Dangerfield :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

some of the worlds greatest ever comedians are no longer with us, dangerfield, mitch hedberg, bill hicks, george carlin, bernie mac, richard pryor, sam kinison, this is rediculous, someone look after billy connolly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement