Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'll follow in the orestes and pingu_girl's footsteps by proclaiming....

*hic*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll follow in the orestes and pingu_girl's footsteps by proclaiming....

*hic*

Was trying to find a suitable picture of a drunken passed out person to make a poster out of, but I'm just disturbed by what I found. Always have google safesearch turned on kids!

Also that predictive search thing in google is draining more and more from the little faith in humanity I had.
    The poster I was just going to be a girl passed out drunk, with some caption involving the word "mess". Google isn't always your friend if you're search involves the word "girl". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    The poster I was just going to be a girl passed out drunk, with some caption involving the word "mess". Google isn't always your friend if you're search involves the word "girl". :(

Oh god, this isn't what i wanted to see at 4.45am in the morning.
    *turns safe search back on*

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Oh god, this isn't what i wanted to see at 4.45am in the morning.
    *turns safe search back on*

I've had it off for a long time but it's going back on, I don't want to end up on an FBI watchlist. :pac:

You mean you're not on it already? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Oh god no..........Very bad ugh

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Oh god no..........Very bad ugh

Mwahahah, i now remember why i gave it up. :D

Oh yeah, for all you dads in PW (and i know there's a couple of em), enjoy your day today. :)

*hic*

I discovered tonight that I have no time for Elvis, that and people are awful posers. gedintobed

Elvis is fantastic.

Hmm, the only thing I can make out from your post is that you were at an Elvis impersonators' contest.

• Advertisement

Remember I was sayin how the Google predictive search sometimes gives horrible suggestions? http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/20/world/asia/20beijing.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

I know it's been discussed in other forums but has anyone seen the Hardy Bucks?

Funniest thing since Father Ted and something an aul culchie like myself can really relate to.

No more *hic* for me woke up this morrning and the laptop in bits uh oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What level of severity are we talkin here?

broken_laptop.jpg

Or

broken_laptop-752023.jpg

Or even:

http://www.smashsomestuff.com/gallery/albums/Smash%20My%20Laptops/Broken%20Laptop.JPG

(Pic WAY to big to upload. :o)

Ah its not that bad it just wont turn on, should be able to get it fixed *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

C-B-G wrote: »

broken_laptop-752023.jpg

i had one of those dell inspiron 1100s, piece of s**t from day one :mad:

i can see why yer man broke it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

amacachi wrote: »
    Elvis is fantastic.

Hmm, the only thing I can make out from your post is that you were at an Elvis impersonators' contest.

Or an all-priests look-alike contest!

HA HA HA OH LORD, THREE ELVISES!

I really do hate Elvis

speaking of elvis impersonators, 650lb pete vallee, he is actually very good

1ab.jpg

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i had one of those dell inspiron 1100s, piece of s**t from day one :mad:

i can see why yer man broke it up

I was very anti dell, but i gotta say, their studio series are nice. Mine hasn't given me a single problem, save for the dvdrom drive occasionally skipping on playback using blank media, but thats a toshiba/samsung issue rather than a dell issue. It was fixed with a firmware upgrade.

But i wouldn't go near an inspiron if you paid me. I've fixed too many of them over time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

speaking of elvis impersonators, 650lb pete vallee, he is actually very good

1ab.jpg

What are the chances that he dies on the toilet?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    What are the chances that he dies on the toilet?

Only when he cracks the bole and the shards of porcelean impale him. Even Elvis had a threshold.
    I can't stand Elvis myself, but for all those who can't stand him and used to call him a junkie who took everything, realistically, his only vice was pain pills.

Scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really do hate Elvis

:eek:

i am astonished at readin a sentence like that....thats a rediculous comment to make, everyones entitled to their opinion but how can anyone hate the king! :eek:
    But i wouldn't go near an inspiron if you paid me. I've fixed too many of them over time.

i have been lucky enough with my inspiron 6000, it has made it through college for me, admittedly the screen did break once and the screw thread on the bottom right it shot so at certain angles it either opens fully or closes, ...oh and i have killed two batteries and it has to be plugged in at all times, but apart from that its alright and has done me well!

:eek:

i am astonished at readin a sentence like that....thats a rediculous comment to make, everyones entitled to their opinion but how can anyone hate the king! :eek:

I really can't stand him, for this big reason in my honest opinion.
    I don't buy a lot of albums, however i do collect box sets. I have rake of the things at home, I like having boxsets of rarities by bands/artist i like. When i walk into HMV in Grafton St, the amount of Elvis box sets with the same sh*t songs and different packaging really makes me want to vomit. Denis Leary was right, someone should have pulled the trigger on the guy in 1956, not only would have we have remembered him in a nice way, but there wouldn't have been enough material to make a box set out of.

That said, they're still releasing Jeff Buckley material...
    i have been lucky enough with my inspiron 6000, it has made it through college for me, admittedly the screen did break once and the screw thread on the bottom right it shot so at certain angles it either opens fully or closes, ...oh and i have killed two batteries and it has to be plugged in at all times, but apart from that its alright and has done me well!

I've never actually broken a laptop, i've gotten 2 years out of each one before trading it in for parts. I don't know what people do to their laptops other than the obvious "I didn't do anything!"

I don't buy a lot of albums, however i do collect box sets. I have rake of the things at home, I like having boxsets of rarities by bands/artist i like. When i walk into HMV in Grafton St, the amount of Elvis box sets with the same sh*t songs and different packaging really makes me want to vomit.

not really elvis' fault in fairness, greedy record companies trying to milk out every penny, baxtards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Denis Leary was right, someone should have pulled the trigger on the guy in 1956, not only would have we have remembered him in a nice way, but there wouldn't have been enough material to make a box set out of.

Denis Leary, while funny from time to time, only says stuff like that for a reaction. Whats your excuse? A tad OTT I would have thought?

I've never actually broken a laptop, i've gotten 2 years out of each one before trading it in for parts. I don't know what people do to their laptops other than the obvious "I didn't do anything!"

I break on average 1 laptop, 2 mp3 players and lose 1.5 phones and 3 bank cards per year.

not really elvis' fault in fairness, greedy record companies trying to milk out every penny, baxtards

True, but i was never a fan of his incessent crooning. I love the way everyone seems to think he's responsible for "Lonely This Christmas" every year though, when in actuality, Elvis had nothing to do with that song. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I break on average 1 laptop, 2 mp3 players and lose 1.5 phones and 3 bank cards per year.

Haha, I am similarly clumsy/careless. Numerous Ipods have been lost/broken. Phones tend to go lost on holidays, always losing money. Had to stop wearing a watch as it invariably would go missing sooner or later.

• Advertisement

Yeah, you should just stick to stuff from the Early Learning Centre. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement